These are the wrong people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
    If these are the wrong people, who were the right people?

Other than Telford and The Dr Who died.... it thought everyone who was going.. made it there?

Rush said they would close the worm hole, analyze the data, then send a team...

Now the dr thats there and young weren't suppose to be there... but there still the right people as they have experiance....
    Presumably said team that was to be sent to the Destiny was in large part the troops that were defending against the attack in Air, being the best troops. If you listen to the dialogue they even state that because they were outside the base they were beamed off the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      The guy was probably a bit frustrated that he was about to die........he can be forgiven for having a change of tone.
      I agree. - Young is the character that worries me at present, he's not a Jack O'Neill or John Sheppard. He has serious doubts about his own abilties to make decisions, and is struggling to keep that in.
      Spoiler:

His coversation with General O'Neill in Air 3, and his rebuff of Camille Wray in this episode undeline that. - He has been using the support of Scott and TJ a little too much and has a dangerous defeatest streak.

Makes compelling viewing though!
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
        Is this statement going to be yelled out in every episode?

When they search for food supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they search for water supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they fix the the Destiny's toilet systems, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

How many more times will the writers reinforce that the Destiny's crew are the wrong people for the job?
        I guess you can always turn it into a drinking game. One shot for "this is your fault". Two shots for "These are the wrong people", and Three shots for "ELI!!" Or maybe that should be reversed

This is the theme for the series, you just have to wait to they feel like they belong.

Comment

"These are the wrong people" are Young's verison of breaking down and crying about the Galactica, err, Destiny.

Seriously, Adama had his womanly-wailing, Young has his endless repetition

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
            "These are the wrong people" are Young's verison of breaking down and crying about the Galactica, err, Destiny.

Seriously, Adama had his womanly-wailing, Young has his endless repetition
            And you have your original completely fresh has not yet been done to death BSG comparrisons

Its just one line they've used a few times, its not the end of the world.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trance View Post
              I guess you can always turn it into a drinking game. One shot for "this is your fault". Two shots for "These are the wrong people", and Three shots for "ELI!!" Or maybe that should be reversed

This is the theme for the series, you just have to wait to they feel like they belong.
              Yes, my god, you're right. They say "these are the wrong people!" enough that it should be in a drinking game. Frankly, I'm hoping he gives up on that line as it's now pretty repetitive. Of course, it didn't help they used it constantly in the ads.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the line, really. Maybe by episode 20 it'll get a little repetitive, but it's fine now. We know they're not really the right people... and I can't help but wonder if this line will only show up in Brad Wright/Robert C. Cooper scripts. Maybe if we're lucky, Carl Binder's Water next week will abolish it! Maybe...
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  I sort of agree, it is getting a bit annoying, but then the writers probably hadn't anticipated how many times this would have been drilled into our heads in various trailers, sneak peaks and other features etc.
                  I am going to have to ask my brother about this, as he has seen absolutely nothing of trailers, previews, etc.. if he thinks it is overused based solely on just the episodes he has seen. I for one am tired of it, but then again for a long time all we had was that one trailer that had this as the opening line.

I do think for example in this episode he could have stated this in a different way that would have gotten the point across. But to keep saying almost verbatim tires. Why not say "Camile, nobody here was selected for the survival experience" or "We simply do not have people qualified for what we are sending them out to do".

Comment

Young comes across as a loser every time he pulls the "these are the wrong people" crap. And he says that to the most inappropriate persons: O'Neill (his boss), Wray (the evil IOA woman who can't wait to overthrow him). So, apparently, he's not only a loser, but kind of dumb too.

Suck it up and make it so!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                      Young comes across as a loser every time he pulls the "these are the wrong people" crap. And he says that to the most inappropriate persons: O'Neill (his boss), Wray (the evil IOA woman who can't wait to overthrow him). So, apparently, he's not only a loser, but kind of dumb too.

The only problem. Is that they don't look to be such bad people. As they are many scientists, geologists, astrophysist, soldiers etc. Its not like a bus full of tourists was sent to the Destiny. As of yet, only Chloe seem to be at the wrong place. As her qualification doesn't have direct use on the Destiny (except maybe for some administrative duty).
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

i am getting sick of hearing that line. liek jack said "fix it "
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post

Man, you take super hero caricatures out of Stargate and this is the response?

This is not SG-1. This is not SGA. They need more than a one liner and the deus ex machina of the week to save the day. Apparently characters who know their limitations and the limitations of those under them are losers. Out here in the real world, that's viewed as a positive leadership trait. Go figure.
                          Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Ehh, I have to admit it's a bit like getting hit over the head with an anvil every time it is mentioned.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

It seems to fit the situation, though. Wray was asking Young to pick the people best suited for survival on a completely unknown world. We as viewers see it as annoying, but can you argue with Young's logic?
                              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Go dance with the angels!
                                That is all.
                                The Communist Party!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X