Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
    The scene made no sense at all. Their deep relationship and love for each other came out of nowhere. That is just bad writing and I fear for the show if writing like this continues.
    Wow. You think that was a deep relationship and love? It was nothing of the sorts. It was a "we're in a bad spot, we're going to die, so we'll seek comfort with each other" relationship.

And yes, people can connect in that way in dire circumstances.

I also wonder if some people here actually have an understanding of what realistic is as far as sex goes. Or rather if people understand that there is more than one way to look at and approach sex.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I hardly think that it was out of nowhere. They were growing close in the first two episodes of the series, and in the third one we saw a lot of Eli and Chloe bonding as friends, as we did with Scott and Chloe.

It is quite obvious that they have an attraction to eachother, and since they thought they were about to die, they decided to rush it, where it goes from here is anyones guess. And I am sure they would have given it more time (speculation) but they were about to die

Comment

Some people will defend anything, it was poorly done...Didn't make sense.

He would of got back with his first choice, the groundwork was already layed on that....Instead he ends up with someone out of the blue, and they have a deep love, like david copperfield made it appear out of thin air...

Me and my wife were like wth! Doomsday scenario is, hey the world gonna end, who cares if we have regrets!....not I feel closer to you than I have anyone, ever and I love you...

People complain about the lack of reality in the other series and say this show is more realistic, but its like we change one persons bad reality for another bad reality. McKay fixes things to easy/quick, to unrealistic love drama.

I am gonna give it the entire first season, no matter what happens, well unless something very bad happens to turn me off. I hope it becomes 'better' ('' for my version of better, I know some love it, some hate it....im trying...its all I can do).

Comment

Anybody else think he may have got Chloe pregnant like he did to his 16yo girlfriend? It would explain why they made this strange backstory for him.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The problem is not that they had sex because they thought they were going to die.

The problem IS that they sudden had a deep relationship and serious love for each other. As if they had been dating for years. It made no sense.
            I totally agree. I was a little thrown off by them jumping in bed, and in no way am I a prude (or judge anyone who doesn't like seeing sex in the show). It just felt rushed to move the story line along and way too tender and emotional for what would really happen. I can totally see people getting together in a situation like this, but it would be "survivor sex", and not some form of "love".

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. If I knew I was about to die I wouldn't be horny. I'd be a nervous wreck.
              Which means everyone else will be? You can handle people praying, playing cards, walking around, meditating in the buff, but you draw the line at two people who may never see each other again having sex?
              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

but didn't chloe and scott see each other on icaus base??/
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus
                  Ugh, someone chemically castrate Scott, else by the end of the season all the women will be part of his harem.

And Chloe is just a sl**, no two ways about it. She needs attention, and what better way to get it than sex. I have to commend the writers though, because it does reflect her in a more realistic way (there are plenty of girls out there like Chloe), it may have been morally crushing to the viewer regards to Eli, but that's exactly what life is like.
                  I think your definition of slut needs refinement. When Chloe 'hooks up' with another ten guys in the next few episodes, then the slut brigade can come-a-running.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    This is not to bash either character and.....I bloody loved the ep!! Bloody great.

But....

Did I miss about 17 episodes of the build up between Chloe and Scott?? Last I saw she just touched his hand when he almost died and the next thing they instantly go to each other and its automatic bonking time when certain death is imminent.

Here I was barracking for Eli and then within the first minute of the next ep my money on the Eli train is gone! I don't mind Chloe and Scott getting together, but it just seemed a bit......whats the word? Rushed, forced, odd.

However my 28yo male hormones were very thankful for yet another Chloe nudity scene
                    i like scenarios like this - ppl acting on feelings, which i wanted with s/j on sg1 - but i just can NOT stand the chloe character or actress. so like the idea, but hate who it was with.

and i'm sorry, jelgate, but the more i see and hear this character, the more i can't stand her. airlock, come sucketh her out of ship!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I think your definition of slut needs refinement. When Chloe 'hooks up' with another ten guys in the next few episodes, then the slut brigade can come-a-running.
                      Slut as in the constant need for male attention, man hopping when she sees fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                        Slut as in the constant need for male attention, man hopping when she sees fit.
                        Slut is better defined as a promiscuous woman, while an attention seeker is just an attention seeker. Or, better yet, the ones calling her a slut and an attention seeker for male attention can mould them together and redefine it as a "Chloe."
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I think Chloe's "I probably feel..." is important. She's not entirely certain of what she's feeling. It'll be interesting (to me) what will happen now that they've been through a situation where they were separated and Chloe was expected to be dead along with everyone else left on the Destiny.
                          Plus we see in a Kinosode that
                          Spoiler:
                          TJ, Greer, and Eli are/become aware of Scott having "two girlfriends". I wonder how long that will take before the young ladies in question - and Young - hear about this.
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            I think Chloe's "I probably feel..." is important. She's not entirely certain of what she's feeling. It'll be interesting (to me) what will happen now that they've been through a situation where they were separated and Chloe was expected to be dead along with everyone else left on the Destiny.
                            Spoiler:
                            TJ, Greer, and Eli are/become aware of Scott having "two girlfriends". I wonder how long that will take before the young ladies in question - and Young - hear about this.
                            The episode Justice where the women of the Destiny get their revenge on Scott
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I can see it now:

Scott: You wanted to see me, sir?
                              Young: Lt, we have a problem... It's about your libido.
                              Scott: Sorry, sir?
                              Young: We can't have you walking around the ship and doing the sideways squaredance at any given opportunity! It's bad for morale, especially since the rest of us aren't getting any!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                I can see it now:

Scott: You wanted to see me, sir?
                                Young: Lt, we have a problem... It's about your libido.
                                Scott: Sorry, sir?
                                Young: We can't have you walking around the ship and doing the sideways squaredance at any given opportunity! It's bad for morale, especially since the rest of us aren't getting any!

mental green
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X