Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
    Ok, I just had someone help me understand the "Closest Person" line.
    *reads carefully*
    Ahh, I think I get the point of that. Sounds pretty plausible to me
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      *reads carefully*
      Ahh, I think I get the point of that. Sounds pretty plausible to me
      Apparently she's "falling" for him per the Joseph Mallozzi’s Weblog, in a recent Q&A with the fans.

All it took was Scott's deceased parents comparison and she's smitten, the closet person she's known.

Er... closest. I lack a similar morbid story, she wouldn't love me.

Comment

::Reads Weblog::

So the hot guy gets the hot girl and the nice guy gets the shaft, I am getting really SICK of that senerio.

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

So the hot guy gets the hot girl and the nice guy gets the shaft, I am getting really SICK of that senerio.
          But this is just phase 1. We don't know the final resilt. It like saying I hate cookes because I don't like eggs.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
            TPTB are sending the message that casual sex is OK. This is really sad considering SGU is aimed at a younger demographic.
            YoungER. That means younger than the SG-1 and Atlantis audiences. It doesn't mean they're drawing in the Sesame Street and Dora crowds and telling them to shag everyone in their kindergarten class...

Originally posted by SiroVai View Post
            I bet she's preggers.
            Yep, it's that easy. Every time you have sex, a baby is conceived. There's no timing involved whatsoever...

Originally posted by sblade View Post
            That is true. And for all we know, she may have contracted some STD. The same goes for Scott.
            And for all we know, they're both clean.

Listen, I disliked the scene from a writing standpoint but not because I disapprove of sex. The fact that they had sex was fine. It was the fact that they were magically in love that made me wonder wtf was up...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              But this is just phase 1. We don't know the final resilt. It like saying I hate cookes because I don't like eggs.
              Oh I know, and I will keep watching the show. This whole thing is just being heavly colored by my own real life experiances

So if this is the begining ot he relationship, then I can't wait to get to the end.

My hope is that since they are starting this relationhsip so early, then that means it is going to fall flat on its face.

@SupremeLegate
              Apogee Institute
              Council

Comment

But Lt. Scott seems like a pretty nice guy to me. So far, I don't really understand where all the hate really comes from
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  But Lt. Scott seems like a pretty nice guy to me. So far, I don't really understand where all the hate really comes from
                  Well for me it is simply the fact that I identify with Eli a lot more than I do Scott. The fact that he is actualy a nice guy only makes it worse.

@SupremeLegate
                  Apogee Institute
                  Council

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    How about in Air 3 when he tells Eli that he's not splitting up from him because the younger guy is slowing him down, but because he "need[s] someone he can trust" to lead the other team? As soon as Eli was out of earshot he mentions something about not being slowed down anymore. Seems kind of two-faced to me. Especially after a moment of honesty where he was admonishing Eli for complaining the entire trip after volunteering to help.

Comment

I like the character. It's like John Sheppard gone wrong. I love the womaninzer flaw and how they dared to play it. I was scared he would just be another one-dimensional hero for the girls to make avatars of.

The fact that he is actualy a nice guy only makes it worse.
                      This ain't one-dimensional.

Scott can be the best guy to have in certain situations and a great guy to be around. Eli obviously have other flaws. No one is "just a nice guy".

Comment

Losing the girl to the 'hot guy' is at least a step up from losing the girl to absolutely no one at all.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by DCK View Post
                          I was scared he would just be another one-dimensional hero for the girls to make avatars of.
                          To me, that's exactly who he is (save for the 'hero' bit, but I'm sure he'll pull some heroic stunt sooner or later). He's done nothing captivating so far. At least nothing that would make me interested in him. I think Coronach said that he seems like an okay guy and where does all the hatred come from. I can't say about the hatred, because I don't. Hate him. I just couldn't care less, which, for a TV character, is bad. Greer has me more involved just by his facial expression, in reaction to other characters, than Scott has managed since the opener. I don't know. As of yet, to me, he's just... expendable.

And out of so many character flaws - if it turns out it is, in fact, a flaw, and he didn't just randomly have sex with James only to later fall for Chloe; cue the thickening 'plot' - they chose the most commonly used and the least interesting to watch week in, week out.

Meh.
                          Last edited by slurredspeech; 28 October 2009, 07:40 PM.
                          you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

As one of two people who can fly the shuttle, he's not completely expendable, imho.

Comment

This ain't one-dimensional.
                              And that is a good thing, 1D characters are boring. I like having characters who I would like watching my 6 while at the same time I want to throw them out an air lock.

Scott can be the best guy to have in certain situations and a great guy to be around. Eli obviously have other flaws. No one is "just a nice guy".
                              I agree, I would just really like to see the "unattractive" nice guy get moved out of JustFirendsVill and move to Relationship City

But I will give this relationship a chance to grow on me, seeing as I have no choice. Course that does not mean that I wont keep hoping to see some kind of development between Eli and Chloe.

@SupremeLegate
                              Apogee Institute
                              Council

Comment

He's done nothing captivating so far.
                                Apart from banging two of the hottest girls onboard, being one of the leaders in a strained situation, discovering the substance that provided air for their ship and flying the shuttle you mean?

But I will give this relationship a chance to grow on me, seeing as I have no choice. Course that does not mean that I wont keep hoping to see some kind of development between Eli and Chloe.
                                You make it sound like it's a real thing. I hope to see anything that provides good writing and good entertainment, regardless of how the "the stars aligns"

Comment

Working...
                                X