Size of the Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    cockpit area: 21 feet wide, 17 feet long (6,4 m wide and 5.1m long)
    back area: 18 feet wide and 15.6 feet long (5.4m wide and 4.7m long)

assume the roof is about 10 feet tall. (3 metres)

that gives us an internal area of 97.92m + 76.14m = 174.06m^2 (i'd do the square feet but im lazy)

oh the source for this was joes blog where a schmatic of the final shuttle design is shown

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      It's a Jumper on steroids. Almost Cargo Ship in size.
      Yeah its not as big as a Cargo Ship, since most people seem, to forget that a Cargo ship actually has 3 (maybe even 4) rooms, since after the Cargo area is the engine room, plus where Toilets not mentioned once?

A Cargo ship can also fit 4 escape pods, as enough room for a well staged fight and has a ring platform. Looking at the floor space in the shuttle I doubt you could fit a ring platform without removing some chairs and consoles.

As for a Puddle Jumper, I would say the Shuttle is maybe twice as big. Since there room to move around, even with supplies and 17 people on board.

Compared to past ships I would say that the Shuttle is about the size of a Wrath transport?
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I think it is larger than a jumper: it's compartement is probably equal to the entire interior space of the jumper or a little bit larger. However the shuttle's technology is not as compact as the jumpers, so that is his larger size.

I think the shuttles interior size is about as large as the Tel'tak cargo hold. But the shuttle is smaller than a Tel'tak

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          IT actually reminded me of the Pegasus asguard's ships in size and dimention. And i love the fact it had some sort of 'gas'; like thruster.
          i also thought they were very similar and maybe there's a reason for that ,
          Anyway I think it's abot the size of 3-4 puddle jumpers considering how mmany people fit in
          "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

It's definitely larger than a jumper, but smaller than the Ancient ships the Pegasus Asgard had. But the general configuration does look *very* similar to the Asgard-controlled ships...

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Flipside View Post
              It's definitely larger than a jumper, but smaller than the Ancient ships the Pegasus Asgard had. But the general configuration does look *very* similar to the Asgard-controlled ships...
              i was wondering if someone else pick that up. In terms of shape and design wise that ship did look remarkably similar to the Asgard ones that invaded Atlantis. I wouldn't be surprised if the "aliens" who stole shuttle that was from previous episodes, turns out to be those Asgards from the pegasus galaxy. It would make more sense considering the suits that they wore are also "similar" to the ones in the next episode. Look below
              Spoiler:

Suits
              Next Episode

From First Contact/ Lost Tribe

lol but as for ship size i'll agree the with the post before mine "It's definitely larger than a jumper, but smaller than the Ancient ships the Pegasus Asgard had"

Comment

Working...
              X