No announcement yet.

Do you think Rush knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his reaction when Young questioned him about it makes me think he knew but my question is why?

The only thing that makes sense at least to his mind would be to slowly knock off people one by one until only he and Destiny remain. Like a Zealot who is obsessed with something and kills everyone for it. As he said it was HIS Destiny.

SO I wonder what else he is hiding. I mean he magically figured out the communications.

The real question I want to ask is if Eli allowed him to correct the computations will Scotts smash through the Destiny or pass it into the sun?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Anyway, the fact that Young accused him of knowing speaks volumes of the conflict between the two powerhouses. Young'll always be suspicious of Rush in some way (After Rush stranded them on the Destiny, can you blame the good Colonel?), and the sparks'll fly later on.
      This was grade A stupid of Young. Moral was really soaring until he just had to sabotage Rush yet again. The man needs to shut up if even if he suspects something and check it out quietly.

Rush, I think, was just feeling embarrassed, and possibly a little sociophobic. He's clearly a strong introvert who needs to be alone or in quiet rational company to recover from stress. He didn't want to stay because people make him tired.

Comment

Having suspicions and knowing are 2 different things. Besides why give people false hope why not let them live out their life like it's their last moment and if it ends up not being their last moment then good for them time to move on. I had suspicions myself the ship would be re-powered but suspicions don't imply actuality.

Comment

I think he thought it would be possible that the ship was going to recharge but I don´t think he was 100%

Comment

The slight but genuine look of surprise on his face as he looked at his watch and realised he wasn't burning up was my proof he never knew. You don't put an act like that on, for yourself, alone in your quarters. Then the elation we saw as he left to see the machines powering up, still with no one around to put an act on for, put end to any doubts. If the happy act had been saved up for the scene with Eli and Chloe, then we might have a case for thinking he knew. As it happened, I can't see that we have.

What would have been the point? Just to make an attempt to get rid of his two best friends (note: sarcasm) and lessen the demands on food and water for the rest? Rush certainly played a big part in bringing the shuttle back safe and sound. It would have been pointless. He's not a social fellow, but he's also not a psychotic maniac. I love the fact many are doubting him, though, as this is clearly the intention. That's the beauty of Robert Carlyle....he plays characters people love and hate in equal measure very well indeed. We're blessed to have him in the show. Rush is intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
              When at the end Young tells him "maybe you knew" he answers "Cheers", unless you're British (or watch lots of BBC TV) you would not know that "cheers" means "Thank You", so therefore when Young (who up until the end had been learning to TRUST Rush) distrusts him by questioning whether he knew, and Rush answers "THANKS"
              I'm a Brit...there are many meanings behind "cheers", not limited to a genuine "thanks" or a sarcastic "thanks."

Robert Carlyle is great at leaving you guessing, isn't he? Excellent writing played out by a fantastic actor.

Comment

He had a hunch no doubt. I mean think about it, this ship is automated and designed to take care of itself. It has been travelling through many galaxies, the Ancients would be idiots not to put some kind of energy collection system on it.

Rush was just expecting the worst. What else were they going to do? Hope it didn't burn up and have everyone die? I don't see what the big deal is other than Rush could've maybe told them that there was a possibility. It wouldn't have changed anything though.

Comment

I personally think he was shocked and surprised by Young assumptions and that's why he acted this way. I think he kinda regrets forcing everyone going on to the destiny and that's why his face would suggest that his sacrifice was all that glorious.

Comment

you know I think Rush was just pissed that Young touched his hair after the shuttle docked
                    did you see his face?
                    how dare he touch THE HAIR>>?

Comment

No he did not know as if he did there was no reason to risk loosing the only shuttle craft and usefull people.

He may have suspected the ship did this on purpose but he didnt know for sure how could he hes not an Ancient.

Comment

It could be that he did not know and was just toying with them

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

He knew, I just doesn't always give (what he sees as) unnecessary information.
                          Rush helped them to get the shuttle aboard and he did go back in his room and read the book as he said he was going to do instead of pouring over the Destiny in some way. so I don't think his intentions are sinister.

Also, Rush doesn't like to be touched.
                          And he doesn't care to be social.
                          But he did know,

Comment

I agree! I mean we all know the man has his own agenda but common I was with everyone when they told the general to zip it!
                            You mean Colonel Young? I thought you were talking about a totally different scene until I reread it. You mean in the mess I guess. There are no generals onboard.
                            I believe the comment by Young at the end of the episode about Rush possibly knowing was just there to show how much they question or distrust Rush.
                            Be nice to see how far they'd get without him. Of course, no Carlyle = no show. I'll tell ya who they shouldn't trust is the chef! Five episodes in & he still hasn't figured out how to make tortillas w/flour & water.
                            Spoiler:
                            Anyone who saw 'the Matrix' knows eating snot everyday breeds mutiny.

Comment

I have no idea what that little exchange was about. If he knew all along.. why the theatrics?
                              Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I love seeing Young and Rush get on - I hate the fact that Rush takes pleasure in being a git, other than that I quite like him.

Who thinks that he did know about the power? I'm inclined to say he didn't, as he was so happy when things changed and he had a tantrum about people using power.
                                Last edited by Groove; 25 October 2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X