No announcement yet.

Do you think Rush knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread will be eaten in 10 seconds...9.....8....
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

I think that rush thought about it.

Because he said the destiny does everything for a reason... but he also doubted it.

So when it happened it made him happy.

Comment

It wasn't theatrics.
        Knowing made no difference. If he was wrong then at least some would survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          It wasn't theatrics.
          Knowing made no difference. If he was wrong then at least some would survive.
          Gotcha... makes sense
          Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I don't think Rush knew, but I think he wants everyone to think he did. Rush seems to not want to be liked, he doesn't want to be seen as one of the team, he doesn't want to be seen as a hero. If anything he wants them to see him as an enemy. He wants to be seen as a coniving planner who knows everything.

But Rush didn't know. He was suprised and worried just like the rest of them.
            sigpic
            Doci of the BAG

Comment

I think he had a suspicion that the ship would save itself but I doubt he knew for definite.

Comment

Originally posted by neiljward View Post
                I think he had a suspicion that the ship would save itself but I doubt he knew for definite.

True, I would say it was a really good guess.

Comment

As a scientist, he probably thought there was a possibility that the ship was doing exactly what it needed to. After all he was adamant about the ship knowing exactly what planet had the correct resources needed to get the air scrubbers functioning again. He has complete faith in Destiny

But given the ships age there would have been serious doubts in his mind that it could have withstood flying in to a star.

Perhaps his attitude toward the others on board and over all attitude is directly related to the picture we saw him gaze at in Air. I suspect it may be his wife that he has lost. I may be wrong but I think I have seen him wearing a wedding band. It would seem he doesn't want anyone to get close to him and prefers to be on the outside; a loner.

He may not have a death wish per se, but conversely he doesn't care too much if he lives, which would account for him returning to his room to finish reading his book.

He has also shown himself to be pragmatic and losing valuable supplies and a medic when at the current time they are desperately needed would go against his current modus operandi.

Col Young's comments that he knew probably benefited Rush in so much that he could use them to further separate himself from the group and reinforce his status as the most qualified person aboard in understanding the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by neiljward View Post
                    Yeah! Thats what I think aswell.
                    sigpic

Comment

No, I believe he simply placed faith in the Destiny and took the chance, figuring he had nothing to lose.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

It sure didn't look at all like he knew. I think he suspected, but there was no point voicing the suspicions. What would it achieve?

Rush: "I have a feeling that Destiny is aiming for the star intentionally."
                        Young: "For what purpose?"
                        Rush: "Perhaps it has some way of using the star to replenish its energy reserves."
                        Young: "And how is it going to accomplish that without killing us?"
                        Rush: "That's a mystery."
                        Young: "You don't know?"
                        Rush: "I don't see any way it could be possible. The only power available is the minimum required keep the ship habitable. Once we get closer to the star it won't be enough. Perhaps the ship planned to come here with with enough reserve power to survive, but we robbed it of the chance. Or maybe there's a reserve I can't find."
                        Young: "Maybe?"
                        Rush: "I have no way of knowing. That's speculation. Wild speculation."
                        Young: "Stop wasting my time with false hope. And don't mention this to anyone, the situation is volatile enough as it is."

Yeah, no point in telling unless he was pretty sure. And if he was sure we would have seen it on his face.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think the question should be, "Does it matter?"

Personally, I think not.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

he had a foggy idea of what may have happened but he is a pessimistic person so you can figure that he thought he would have died plus he did read that "mediocre" book
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                              you know I think Rush was just pissed that Young touched his hair after the shuttle docked
                              did you see his face?
                              how dare he touch THE HAIR>>?
                              This could actually be part of it. Think about as they believed they were going to die, Rush did open up some and showed more kindness than he has at any point. When Young did that friendly gesture, he could have emotionally recoiled, as it seems he fears human relations of any closeness. So for Rush, the ambiguity was merely setting everything back to where they were prior to the ship losing power. For him, he was setting his universe back in order that he can live in.

But really, at this point they could really just take this in any direction couldn't they? We still know so little about their past relations, as well as themselves. If this was maybe season 3 or 4 we could certainly make some really good educated assumptions. I guess this will be the fun of it as we really just will not know and have to continue adding pieces to the puzzle.

Comment

I think Rush did genuinely believe that everyone on the ship was going to die. He didn't want to leave even after he was certain no one would survive because his goal had been to reach the ship and now that he was there he didn't want to leave. I wonder if part of him felt obligated to stay since he was the one that brought them there, and that part of him felt that since all his hard work (reaching the Destiny) was in vain that he might as well go down with the ship.
                                He seemed genuinely upset about getting Eli involved, I don't think he was faking how he felt in that scene, he really didn't want Eli (or anyone else) to die, but he was afraid it was inevitable.
                                He also seemed pleased and shocked when the ship remained intact and began drawing power from the star. I really don't think he knew it would happen. I wouldn't make any sense for him to fake being so thrilled that they would survive in front of Chloe and Eli, it wouldn't really accomplish anything.
                                Rush also (in my opinion)demonstrated that he wasn't responsible for any part of the situation by his willingness to help the people on the shuttle get back safely. If he really didn't care about their fate then he wouldn't have worked so hard to help them. I liked him and Eli working together at the end, I kinda hope they end up teaming up alot (mostly cause they're my two favorite characters and I think their knowledge and skills complement each other, so together they could accomplish alot).
                                At the end I'm not sure if Rush was uncomfortable about joining the others because of he felt awkward after his breakdown, or because he's not really comfortable with people. I get the feeling that he's generally the type to keep to himself.
                                sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Working...
                                X