X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what were those pills Spencer took?

Comment

I have hated all the episodes so far but this was actually ok. Even though it was predictable I found the writing to be much better. Things seemed to flow better without dull or useless scenes.

I do have one major complaint though. Where the heck did the Scott/Chloe relationship come from? I know they just wanted to have some sex before they died but they were acting as if they were an old married couple. I felt this came out of nowhere and was easily the worst writing of the episode. Sorry but that relationship came out of nowhere. Total lack of development on the relationship.

Extra:
      I don't think Chloe is playing Eli. I got the idea she was looking at him like he was an older brother looking out for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
        Just think, though! If Cloe and Scott hook up, that leaves Eli and Vanessa to pair up in their grief, thereby giving her the chance to prove to Eli that asking him to go with her "alone" wasn't just a contrivance to gang up on him!
        Well if this happens, and you consider all the threads people have made about Vanessa and her twins, I think Eli would be the winner and Scott the loser in most people's eyes. I say go for it Eli, you will never have as much fun.

Comment

I enjoyed 'Darkness' last week, and really enjoyed 'Light' this week. The special effects and music were outstanding (as always), the plot was executed delightfully, the acting by Ferreira, Smith(s), Blue, Carlyle were excellent! I'm looking forward to 'Water' next week.

I do think that the women characters, particularly Chloe, are still woefully one-dimensional.

I had so many questions after the premiere episode, and slowly, these questions are being answered. We now know why Greer was in the Icarus base brig (he decked Telford), and that Rush did speak with Lt. Gen. O'Neill (answered in Darkness) back in Air Parts 1 & 2.

Hopefully this trend will continue -- answering some questions from previous episodes as new questions arise from new episodes.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
            To dislike the show is to troll, which means that to "participate" by implication means to express much love only.

Geez, really? Thats how it is?

I don't care if anyone responds. The franchise had me for 15 years, I've paid my dues. More of the same this episode, conduct unbecoming from our military and more sex.
            I'm sorry to bring this particular post from pages ago back up but this really pissed me off. There is a thread in the main universe forum about the military and its portrayal with a bunch of us who serve saying that SGU has some of the most realistic portrayals of military characters in a tough situation. I'm sorry if you think everyone in the military is a 7ft tall fighting machine who is fearless in the face of danger but that is not how it is. People in the military are human like the rest of people, they crack under enough pressure and they make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              Drama: Check
              Emotion: Check
              Plot Devices: GREEN
              SUSPENSE: OFF THE SCALE

Light was perfect in almost every way.
              Good Job Writers...Finally...
              Could not agree more. It was my Wow episode and I couldn't be happier. God it was fricken great.

Didn't get the sex scene but hey besides that it was almost perfect in every way.
              sigpic

Comment

It was slow, but at least we got a bit more of Camille Wray, Young came across better to me and Greer is awesome! Rush is still made of WIN!. Music is terrific. Wonky camera still gives me a headache.

Note to Eli: Dude, that girl is a sl*t. Forget her.

Note to Chloe: Seems you forgot your dead dad from a day or so ago, but playing one guy and sleeping with another is not good, especially when the guy you are sleeping with will sleep with anyone (then ask the Lord for forgiveness - *hurls*). Grow up or hit the airlock!

Scott definitely needs to be airlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Radahldo View Post
                  So what were those pills Spencer took?
                  spencer is probably an issue that'll come up...anyone amongst the survivors with a chronic medical condition that needs regular meds....well either they find a replicator on the ship to make them or some alien equivalent, or people will die due to lack of meds

imagine if you were a diabetic and needed insulin. without it you either try to control your blood sugar with food or you will die, sooner rather than later
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

to resolve the plot without character intervention.

really, there was a problem, nobody did anything, and the problem solved itself!

Comment

To dislike the show is to troll, which means that to "participate" by implication means to express much love only.
                      No. And this will not be debated here, however, troll posts are the flyby, drop in, say nothing but 'omg,t his crap sucks' and leave.

If anyone wants to DISCUSS thier issues, fine, Please Discuss.

I support anyone that might not like the show that wants to talk about it. But the fly by posts - especially those by 'new' members of the forum that just have to make an account, join a community, JUST to post about how horrible something is, are wearing all of us down and they seem to be fantastically pointless.

THOSE are trolls.

those are the people to not dignify their post with a response.

If anyone wants to continue this via PM, i'm open. But let's keep this thread about Light please.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                        I know BSG is popular and all, but there's no reason to ascribe everything that comes after it as "ripping it off", since it's a boring, sensless, unoriginal, unenertaining piece of tripe. So there, take that.
                        Adding to that, I think calling SGU a ripoff of BSG (and a whole list of other things) had gotten to old that doing so is boring, senseless, unoriginal and un-entertaining. But that's just to me, I'm sure some people enjoy doing so and I won't begrudge them that.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          Adding to that, I think calling SGU a ripoff of BSG (and a whole list of other things) had gotten to old that doing so is boring, senseless, unoriginal and un-entertaining. But that's just to me, I'm sure some people enjoy doing so and I won't begrudge them that.
                          Again I will reiterate that my brother saw SGU for the first time last week. He never once liked Stargate, but did like BSG. He had no idea why there are comparisons to BSG as the shows are nothing alike, but for the first time he actually likes a Stargate show. Funny that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            No. And this will not be debated here, however, troll posts are the flyby, drop in, say nothing but 'omg,t his crap sucks' and leave.

If anyone wants to DISCUSS thier issues, fine, Please Discuss.

I support anyone that might not like the show that wants to talk about it. But the fly by posts - especially those by 'new' members of the forum that just have to make an account, join a community, JUST to post about how horrible something is, are wearing all of us down and they seem to be fantastically pointless.

THOSE are trolls.

those are the people to not dignify their post with a response.

If anyone wants to continue this via PM, i'm open. But let's keep this thread about Light please.
                            Just be glad you don't have to moderate over at Syfy's forums, where Friday night becomes Mansquito Flamebait night.

Comment

I'm confused. People say that whole slingshot thing with the shuttle is overdone and predictable, but if it didn't happen people would be screaming ''omg plothole PLOTHOLE!!! Why didn't they slingshot round the planet??!!11!!''

Comment

welcome to fandom

no matter what they do, some will think it's a 'why didn't they do it sooner' idea, others will declare it a plot hole.

just the way things are

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X