No announcement yet.

TJ's psych evaluations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the stones to bring a shrink from Earth to do them would be far more sensible.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
      I don't think Greer thinks people who aren't in the military are beneath him, I think he has trust issues with people who aren't in the military.

You know what I can't figure out? Why is Young so convinced that TJ is fine, who is going to evaluate HER? I mean, he should know that it must be emotionally difficult for her, that she just quit her job. I hate the stones, but perhaps the evaluations are where the stones could be useful, 1. they could have an actual psychologist/psychiatrist evaluate the crew on Destiny, 2. The crew could potentially feel more comfortable to be honest, and 3. Someone could actually evaluate TJ. I'm sure there are more reasons...
      Well, don't swap IN a psychologist, have each Destiny member talk to a psychologist when they swap out. I would think they'd be less trusting of someone they have to live with, despite how kind and sympathetic she is. I mean, there are about 80 people on the ship, it doesn't take long for everyone to get to know each other on some level. I think what Eli said is key, some people might feel awkward telling someone else they've been forced to live with (due to extreme circumstances) exactly how they feel. From what we know, many people have been avoiding TJ; however, there may be better results if before being allowed to see their families, they had to make a quick stop at the psychologist/psychiatrist's office...
      Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Using the stones to bring a shrink from Earth to do them would be far more sensible.
      I agree with all the above...this would be a good use of the stones...allow the people trapped to TALK to a real psychiatrist or psychologist. They should be using the stones to get expert help...not have goodbye-sex or go out clubbing....

Comment

To be fair... It was more like 'let's stay together long distance' sex.
        To be fair... Young isn't on the best terms with Earth right now. Telford thinks he's doing a horrible command job, he's got the IOA and Jack at arm's length following 'Earth'... Maybe he just wants to be as self-sufficient as possible, using the resources on the ship and not relying on Earth? I think that's kinda dumb, but it's a theory. Also, he may not want Earth to know exactly how screwed up the crew is.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

What sex? Their was no sex in Life except for Park's reading
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Rac might have meant Wray and her gf in the shower, but the context of her comment seems to indicate she's referencing 'Earth' where Young/Telford !@#$s the wife and Chloe and her BFF Eli go clubbing.
            And even if she did mean 'Life', that's an awful lotta reading Park's doing.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

To be fair... It was more like 'let's stay together long distance' sex.
              To be fair... Young isn't on the best terms with Earth right now. Telford thinks he's doing a horrible command job, he's got the IOA and Jack at arm's length following 'Earth'... Maybe he just wants to be as self-sufficient as possible, using the resources on the ship and not relying on Earth? I think that's kinda dumb, but it's a theory. Also, he may not want Earth to know exactly how screwed up the crew is.
              I'm not going to be fair to Young. If he wants to be cut off from Earth than HE should stop using the stones to stalk the wife he's manipulating. If actually cares about the Destiny crew, and their ability to say goodbye to their loved ones, than he wouldn't have taken Volker's turn (who told TJ during the psych evaluations that he was about to lose it). The writers give us so much of Young's perspective, because they want us to like him, but I think he comes off as selfish, equal to Scott or Chloe, and second only to Telford. I understand that he may not want Earth involved in the psych evaluations, but that would have been far more effective. I even suspect that maybe it would have been better not to have TJ's psych evaluations, they may have done more damage than help.

(Btw, as negative I am about many characters, other than the actors for Matt Scott and Chloe, I think all the actors are doing a great job).

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                He said his father worked in the shipyards in Glasgow and his accent broadens the more emotional he gets. Speculation: he's modified his accent so people can understand what he's saying, probably dating back to his Oxford days. I had a conversation with someone from Glasgow recently on this who agreed with me on this one.

Apparently, Robert Carlyle did some variations on his accent for the production team.
                With varying levels of swearing I would imagine :-)
                ----------------------------
                You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                  With varying levels of swearing I would imagine :-)
                  No doubt.

Comment

No doubt.
                    Is he a swearer??

Comment

Is he a swearer??
                      Robert Carlyle? Oh yes, joyously so, in some of the interviews I've heard.

Comment

Robert Carlyle? Oh yes, joyously so, in some of the interviews I've heard.
                        Hehe, I find that hilariously adorable...

Comment

Rac might have meant Wray and her gf in the shower, but the context of her comment seems to indicate she's referencing 'Earth' where Young/Telford !@#$s the wife and Chloe and her BFF Eli go clubbing.
                          And even if she did mean 'Life', that's an awful lotta reading Park's doing.
                          I was speaking generally, not one specific ep... I have "issues" with how they overall use the LRC.

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                            Oh just noticed i'd be carefull calling a Scotsman "British"
                            Calling the Scots British is ok but calling them English really winds them up

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Detritus View Post
                              Calling the Scots British is ok but calling them English really winds them up
                              Heck, the British barely like being called Europeans so I can only imagine what would happen if I called a Scotsman English.

Comment

i think all of them will say everyone really really wants to get the heck out of there !
                                sigpic
                                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X