Which character sold this ep or shined for you in "Life"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Telford most probably lied about Young still sleeping with TJ because there's no possible way for him to know that unless he somehow got a "memory burst" of Young sleeping with TJ in what could be easily identified as a room on the Destiny.

And the way Telford's has been portrayed, the PTB wants us to believe he's lying. The first thing he does after finding out about Young's wife is to get into contact with her to become "her friend" after his body was used to have sex with her (this is assume they haven't had sex since)... after he and Young had a falling out about authority. Then he keeps going over to her house, having dinner, wine, "becoming her friend", slowly getting closer to her. And then he most probably lied to her face about Young continuing his affair with TJ despite there being zero hints of this on the show and there being no possible way for him to know (unless the aforementioned thing happened).

Yeah... he's probably just an innocent bystander wanting to be her friend with no ulterior motives! That's probably why he waited until he'd gained her confidence before telling her (even if it's true, he did it only getting to know her first).
    Doesn't matter, Emily is a grown woman and if she is still married and values her vows it's up to her to NOT CHEAT on Young no matter what Telford says or does.

Also why is Young getting off so easy after having cheated on Emily?
    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
      Doesn't matter, Emily is a grown woman and if she is still married and values her vows it's up to her to NOT CHEAT on Young no matter what Telford says or does.
      Agreed

Also why is Young getting off so easy after having cheated on Emily?
      I don't think he is, but the consequence of his actions are played out in the episodes so there is less backlash by the audience. Young is not really 'getting off so easy' as it's an issue in his current relationship both on Destiny and with his wife. He's taking the shots in the show, so there's less uproar from the fans
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

TJ stood out to me: her session with Chloe gave a look into TJ's issues, just a little.

Also Rush, and the lengths he goes to, to get what he thinks is best.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Wanted to try something new, hopefully this is ok to merit it's own thread. As we know SGU is a character driven series. These eps that we have come to seen, 9 so far have various character moments and one or two characters truly sell the episode or have a moment that just makes us say "Wow".

Anyway, for "Life" I think the award goes to Col Young. I felt Young showed his darker side in this episode and his flaws. I loved his continue efforts to keep spying on Rush because he clearly does not trust him.

Kicking the crap out of Telford in the end was a pretty cool moment as well.

Anyway your thoughts to who sold this episode or was the shining character?
          colonel young. and i especially credit the actor (Louis Ferreira) for delivering it home for me. (side note: didn't the actor go by the name justin?)

he might not be doing everything perfect officer like (i *like* that about this series), but it sure as heck was human.

telford deserved it , and young's wife is starting to really tick me off.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            colonel young. and i especially credit the actor (Louis Ferreira) for delivering it home for me. (side note: didn't the actor go by the name justin?)
            Louis Ferreira went by the stage name of Justin Louis for many years. I remember even seeing him in an episode of the Canadian series "Friday the 13th: The Series" about 20 years ago.

Ferreira's mother recently died and he decided to honor her memory by using his real name professionally. 20 years ago "Justin Louis" was a more marketable name rather than going by his Portuguese ancestry.
            sigpic

Comment

Um...Emily wasn't cheating on Young.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Not yet. I fear they may be going there
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

TJ really shined for me. She's just shiney! Young's a moron. His wife's a crazy fool and TJ is a level headed babe.

Comment

perhaps not yet, but if she values her marriage it would be a very stupid thing for her to be becoming "friends" with Telford.
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Let's say Riley sold this episode for me if you know what i mean...
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I do recall something about if you aren't in the same state it isn't cheating....surely if you are on the other side of the universe the same applies
                        sigpic

Comment

Care to quote a law for that?

I know with mil, it is cheating regardless of being stateside or overseas.

Comment

To paraphrase, "What happens on Icarus, stays on Icarus!"

Comment

Wray, definitely. TJ also reacted nicely to the different people she was shrinking. The tech at the end of his rope, the shot tech, the asian librarian... The minor cast is all shiny!
                              I honestly detested the Scott and Young personal moments, well... apart from the Telford beatdown and the Eli rant, that is. Those were great.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                                I do recall something about if you aren't in the same state it isn't cheating....surely if you are on the other side of the universe the same applies
                                That idea sounds pretty stupid to me.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X