No announcement yet.

Telford's behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I thought, 'ah this isn't as bad as I thought it would be, he's not that bad a guy after all', and then I twigged that it's even worse. If had just slept with Emily pretending to be Young, he would probably have made their relationship stronger when they found out the truth. He's taking a slower but more destructive route, which I was surprised by. I don't think anyone saw this coming, it was either 'he'll pretend to be Young and sleep with her' or 'he's already having an affair with her'.

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
      Agree, though Young is hardly an outstanding officer himself.

Telford should be removed from his position and court marshaled, for abusing his position and endangering the mission.
      How is Telford abusing his position?
      If Emily opens the "door" to him then she's the one cheating on Young, NOT TELFORD!!!

Remember to blame the person who took the vows and is breaking those vows, Emily took vows with Young, don't blame the "tool/method" (Telford) who she would use to break those vows with!

Emily should be at the end of Young's anger, and if it's true that Young had an affair with TJ while married to Emily then although Emily is "flirting" with having an affair with Telford and that is morally wrong, it's balanced by the fact that Young cheated on her.

BUT for sure Young taking out his rage out on Telford is totally MISPLACED!!!
      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Well both Young and Telford bear some responsibly for this situation. Unfortunately O’Neill cant punish them equally, there’s little he can do to Young but Telford associating with another officers wife is defiantly conduct unbecoming of an officer.
        and Scott's conduct while on duty (screwing around) is okay right?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          At first I thought, 'ah this isn't as bad as I thought it would be, he's not that bad a guy after all', and then I twigged that it's even worse. If had just slept with Emily pretending to be Young, he would probably have made their relationship stronger when they found out the truth. He's taking a slower but more destructive route, which I was surprised by. I don't think anyone saw this coming, it was either 'he'll pretend to be Young and sleep with her' or 'he's already having an affair with her'.
          why is Emily getting off scott free?

She's a grown woman with a mind of her own, and if she's choosing to cheat on Young (and it's probably not even cheating because are they not separated at this point?)

So if Emily chooses to sleep with Telford it's NONE OF YOUNG'S BUSINESS!!! yeah it may hurt him but it's still not his business.

Comment

this is gonna be a train wreck, its moving beyond realism and back into soap territory I am not enjoying this part of the show

Comment

I think Young got his point across.
              The tone of the song following Young flattening-out Telford suggested to me this was the end of the matter from Youngs POV. He's a military officer, not accustomed to expressing emotion etc such as when Johansen tried to get him to open up in the closing scenes, he simply said 'bad day' and proceeded to vent his anger in his own way which worked for him.

However, i must say that during this ep, i found my opinion regarding Telford and his possible motivations swaying from total disrespect to one more open to consideration. His 'meeting' with Emily seemed quite friendly in a non-romantic/sexual way, just friends over to have some beers/socialize. They're both involved in this incredibly unique/unusual situation does it not make sense they would want to get to know one another?

Telford could well have abused his position and exploited Emily, or he could have taken disciplinary action against Young for essentially being victim of rape. Instead he seems to have taken the high road, something which has (not totally by any means) made me re-evaluate my opinion of his character. It was unfortunate the actual explanation of what Telford has told Emily regarding Young/Johanson on the ship did not eventuate, as this could be a key point to revealing Telford's ultimate motivations.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                Well both Young and Telford bear some responsibly for this situation. Unfortunately O’Neill cant punish them equally, there’s little he can do to Young but Telford associating with another officers wife is defiantly conduct unbecoming of an officer.
                Does this sort of thing tend to happen when there is no clear chain of command? I mean, it doesn't seem that there is a clear command. Who is in charge? Rush? Young? Telford?

Who is calling the shots?
                I am not surprised of this situation. There is no reason why Telford should still be involved imo. Shouldn't he be on some F-302 squad on board a ship or something?

I do belive the Emily and Young did wrong with having sex with Tleford's body. However this doesn't give Telford the right to mess with their relationship. Had the sex not been had, this would not be taking place.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I do belive the Emily and Young did wrong with having sex with Tleford's body. However this doesn't give Telford the right to mess with their relationship. Had the sex not been had, this would not be taking place.
                  I guess the same goes for Camile and her partner.

Comment

Telford's character just got interesting, in my opinion. I love that he was using his situation with Young to get closer to his wife. There was the implication that he lied to Emily that Young was still sleeping with TJ.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Uhh... yeah, sure...

Damn right I'm sure. This is getting stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        I agree, and I thought of something that could make it even worse. Telford leads Emily down this "rabbit hole", and then at the end tells her he has zero feelings for her, and only did all this destruction to truly ruin Young's life.

And to add to previous comments. I don't think Emily is innocent, but I think she is just being Telfords friend...for now. I do think Telford is manipulating her and past events have blinded her to this behavior. She won't realize until it is too late.

Comment

Telfords stratedgy is to get young motivated to return faster, take more risks, and do what ever it takes.
                          67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
                            They had sex?
                            Other than the kissing what they did was no where as bad
                            as the telford situation.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by missmobius

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              They had sex?
                              Other than the kissing what they did was no where as bad
                              as the telford situation.
                              The poster is just assuming. However, if I were put in that position, hugging and maybe kissing would be enough. It would be just too weird to totally make out with a stranger that is really your husband/wife.

Also, it seems Emily has no idea Telford and Young swapped bodies during sex. Telford must be somehwat flattered that she would have sex with his body, so he's looking for more.

Comment

I'm already desperately bored of the love quadrangle, appalled by everyone's abysmal behavior (well, except TJ), and fairly shocked that Young seems to be able to switch bodies any time he pleases for private reasons. All semblance of military protocal seems to have gone out the window, both on the ship, and at the SGC.

At least it was balanced by the charming and believable relationship between Camille and her partner.

Comment

Working...
                                X