so they can't handle staying on a ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
    What real dangers do they have? And I think home is over rated thing... And don't start with home... Last year I left my country to study abroad alone. Since than I haven't had any homesickness at all and was back only once during last christmas for 2 weeks! From my point of view home is kinda overrated. I'm not talking about those who are married or has girlfriends, I'm talking about those who are single and as far as story goes, a lot of them are single.
    Yes, and that's exactly the same as being billions of light years away from Earth with no known way to get back, and being stuck in a confined space with only brief sessions of real sun light; combined with lack of supplies and the stressful military situation.

Also, you =/= everyone. Just because you had little issues with home sickness doesn't mean other people will have your same reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      That does nothing to change the whole "several billion light years from home" deal. That's a bit of a stumbling block, yes?
      Yes, but that is different from having no idea where the ship is, as was suggested in that post I quoted.

Comment

Yes...they are the wrong people for the job...but come on. If it was you, wouldn't you be trying to do more? Explore the ship more...learn more and take action, rather then sit around wondering who's dating who or weeping in your pillow?
        I mean, they've got plenty of military people. Get to exploring the ship more, traveling to other worlds more. Take risks, most of all.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

What real dangers do they have? And I think home is over rated thing... And don't start with home... Last year I left my country to study abroad alone. Since than I haven't had any homesickness at all and was back only once during last christmas for 2 weeks! From my point of view home is kinda overrated. I'm not talking about those who are married or has girlfriends, I'm talking about those who are single and as far as story goes, a lot of them are single.
          1) You (presumably) left home by choice.
          2) You (presumably) had adequate time to prepare for your departure
          3) You (presumably) live in fairly similar decent living conditions.
          4) You (presumably) have worldly posessions.
          5) You (presumably) have more than one set of clothes.
          6) You (presumably) know when you can go home should you choose.
          7) You (definitely) won't die away from all your loved ones in the vast reccesses of space.
          8) You (definitely) aren't trapped on an alien ship.
          9) You (definitely) aren't worried that you may get destroyed by an alien race.

You cannot compare going to study abroad to coming under attack, evacuating to what you THOUGHT was Earth, living in very difficult conditions in terms of atmosphere, safety, food, and hygiene, and never knowing if you'll get home.

Being trapped on the destiny is not akin to going to uni. No matter how much you might think it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
            Yes...they are the wrong people for the job...but come on. If it was you, wouldn't you be trying to do more? Explore the ship more...learn more and take action, rather then sit around wondering who's dating who or weeping in your pillow?
            I mean, they've got plenty of military people. Get to exploring the ship more, traveling to other worlds more. Take risks, most of all.
            Their job is to get people home. Not to explore. The military onboard have a responsibility to protect the passengers. Not satisfy Rush's curiosity.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Their job is to get people home. Not to explore. The military onboard have a responsibility to protect the passengers. Not satisfy Rush's curiosity.

ah, but exploring the ship is directly linked to getting home. The more they know about the ship and the more systems they unlock...the greater chance of finding a way home.

Comment

They are exploring the ship. It is how they found the chair.

Comment

ah, but exploring the ship is directly linked to getting home. The more they know about the ship and the more systems they unlock...the greater chance of finding a way home.
                  Well that's what they're doing In life.

Spoiler:
                  When they find the prototype ancient repository.

The problem is the ship is as we are repeatedly told, heavily damaged with many sections cut off and venting out into space.......much of the ship they can't get to.........
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What real dangers do they have?
                    Uh...dying?

Let's see. After escaping near death on Icarus, they almost die due to suffocation in Air. Then, in Darkness, they lose power and would've died soon from lack of environmental controls had they not started going towards a star, where they'd've been surely killed, had that not been just a way for Destiny to refuel.

Then, in Water, not only were they running out of water, but there was also a weird cloud of bugs that can evicerate you like tiny circular saws, which they did to one man. He died. In Earth, thanks to Telford, most people thought the ship was about to explode, which wouldve killed them. Finally, in Time, everyone died multiple times.

Funny, the only episode where there hasn't been a clear danger of death, is Life.

And I think home is over rated thing... And don't start with home... Last year I left my country to study abroad alone. Since than I haven't had any homesickness at all and was back only once during last christmas for 2 weeks! From my point of view home is kinda overrated. I'm not talking about those who are married or has girlfriends, I'm talking about those who are single and as far as story goes, a lot of them are single.
                    And you think they feel the exact same way as you, even if they're single?

Comment

IIRC, Rush accessed a sort of travel log for the Destiny, an animation showing the ship's departure point and any stops it made along the way, including a stop in the Pegasus Galaxy. They could use this to extrapolate Destiny's position in space relative to Earth.
                      True. Even if they do know where Destiny is in relation to Earth, it is too far away to be rescued or to turn around and fly back. Although we aren't sure how far Destiny can travel when in FTL, in the show only a week or three have passed and Destiny has reached two stars. In this time it has also stopped for three stargate dials, so it must have travelled a significant distance within its current galaxy. I really want to know how fast it can travel in FTL at full speed, it would be interesting if the longer the ship stayed in FTL the faster it gets.
                      Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

also some of the crew are doing stuff to make things better you just seem to be ignoring them

Parks and becker in a kinosode are working on artifical flavourings for the food to make it better.

Another scientist his name escapes me is working on a hydroponics ab to grow vegtables.

Rush and eli are doing all sorts

Parks and a few non named characters are fixing the suites.

Greer spencer and scott are getting everyone in shape also greer is teaching Eli to fight.

Rush has teams exploring as he pressurises other sections.

So if you watch everything many of them are trying to help for example parks hasnt broke down at all she is doing nohing but being productive even volker who *****es alot is actually helping.

The tear come from deaths hell even sam died when col Emerson was shot dead infront of her and thats normla you have to be mental screwed up to not be effected by your friend being killed and yet people got angry that TJ was upset at being unable to help anyone.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The tear come from deaths hell even sam died when col Emerson was shot dead infront of her and thats normla you have to be mental screwed up to not be effected by your friend being killed and yet people got angry that TJ was upset at being unable to help anyone.
                          You're right on the money there, imagine if you were in Scott's position. Waking up with a terrible pain in your chest that was made by an alien insect and that when you stand up you notice everyone around you is dead. I'd probably not like to see how some of the critics of these scenes would respond, it wouldn't be nice to say the least.
                          Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Why is rush the only one facinated with the situation? If I was in that situation I wouldn't be completely afraid. I would be more facinated and interested in learning more about the ship and what not. don't get me wrong. Fear plays a part. But they are out in a part of space no human has ever seen...think of all the things they could learn along the way before finding a way home.

Comment

Let's see, a bunch of unready individuals are sent on a one way trip without warning.

Limited supplies, virutually no luxeries. At least the Atlantis crew got to take some with them.

The Atlantis crew got a futuristic city with the trimmings and neighbours they can trade with.

The Destiny crew got a ' ancient' ship that seems to trying to kill them half the time.

No experts, no therapists.

Yeah, the wimps.

Irony insert.

Comment

Why is rush the only one facinated with the situation? If I was in that situation I wouldn't be completely afraid. I would be more facinated and interested in learning more about the ship and what not. don't get me wrong. Fear plays a part. But they are out in a part of space no human has ever seen...think of all the things they could learn along the way before finding a way home.
                                With all due respect, you can't possibly know how you'll deal unless you were in that exact situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X