No announcement yet.

so they can't handle staying on a ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they're cracking. I think they're just going a lil stir crazy being couped up, with some having a slight lean to cabin fever, there all completely different levels of the same thing.

Cracking up would be Eli naked except for a loin-cloth, crawling around the Destiny stroking a Kino thats his "precious".

Comment

as long as the ship can hold together and i have food ,water and people to talk to i could handle it.

and don't the occasional off world mission
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
        You can't compare this with Atlantis, as that was cheesey popcorn action show, and this is a character driven show. One has characters than are entertaining, but unrealistic. What you saw on Atlantis, that was fantasy. What you see on Destiny is reality.These are two completely different styles of telling a story, so comparing to cheese factor does not work. Ditto with all these annoying "Why don't they get Rodney?" threads.
        That my friend was sci-fi, What this is I don't know. But it comes close crap like the hills. Maybe this should be aired on MTV. It could be a hit.

But seriously now: They need to start keep an eye on people because this can get right out of hand. If you put a bunch of people not capable being locked up or confined somehow people are going to loose it. Suicide killing other people, opening airlocks because they can't breathe. People need something to do.

The place I work at is full climate controlled but we can't open windows. All glass. Every week this colleague of mine comes in complaining he suffocating and can't breathe because he can't open a window.
        Last edited by eonflux; 21 November 2009, 07:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The problem with half the people, mostly the civilian scientists, is that they werent meant to travel offworld to the Destiny. I got the impression that most if not all of the survivors were actual Icarus Base personel, not the chosen Destiny expedition team. So some people are snapping, Spencer cause he's off his meds, obviously. Others like Chloe who were there for a short visit (She's standing up amazingly well actually).

I get the impression that the guy who was shot (Volker?) wasn't mean to go offworld and WAS meant to return to earth rather shortly after the Hammond arrived. Something in his attitude suggests he was already on his way out when **** hit the fan. TJ was in a similar situation but she's military, so she's used to crap like this. (STOP LOSS)

Comment

Most humans have trouble when they can't see the sun for prolonged periods of time. Sanity is much more fragile than people think.

Comment

In Atlantis they were able to return home, after a while. They knew return was possible. If not by gate, then long hyperspace travel. They were also mentally prepared.
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                In Atlantis they were able to return home, after a while. They knew return was possible. If not by gate, then long hyperspace travel. They were also mentally prepared.
                Actually, in Atlantis they left full well knowning they may not be able to return. Remember Weir's initial speech. Everyone was chosen and/or voulenteered for the mission so they were mentally prepared for the concept of never returning and i presume were psychologically tested before they left (Its standard proceedure on expeditions of any type).

Comment

The people on Atlantis knew what they were risking by stepping through the gate. They understood that there was every likelihood of being cut off, stranded in another galaxy. They chose to take that risk.

The people on Destiny chose no such thing. They were thrust into the situation with no preparation or warning. They have little supplies and a haphazard crew. In fact, many of the people expected to find themselves back on Earth when they stepped through the event horizon.
                  You can hardly blame them for falling to the pressure sooner than the men and women on the Atlantis expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by kaliel View Post
                    The people on Atlantis knew what they were risking by stepping through the gate. They understood that there was every likelihood of being cut off, stranded in another galaxy. They chose to take that risk.

The people on Destiny chose no such thing. They were thrust into the situation with no preparation or warning. They have little supplies and a haphazard crew. In fact, many of the people expected to find themselves back on Earth when they stepped through the event horizon.
                    You can hardly blame them for falling to the pressure sooner than the men and women on the Atlantis expedition.
                    Add to that the lack of training, preparedness, sunlight, limited space and poor food and you can see why people are going little crazy.

Comment

Because the spotty situation where everything could result in death kind of wears on the nerves a wee bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
                        Actually, in Atlantis they left full well knowning they may not be able to return. Remember Weir's initial speech. Everyone was chosen and/or voulenteered for the mission so they were mentally prepared for the concept of never returning and i presume were psychologically tested before they left (Its standard proceedure on expeditions of any type).
                        i know they were told they might not return, but lets think of it rationally. There is alot higher chance of returning then the destiny. And it is possible to return with current earth/asgard tech if they REALLY wanted to.
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

A dark ship without real fresh air and without sunlight. That'd make me go nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                            That my friend was sci-fi, What this is I don't know. But it comes close crap like the hills. Maybe this should be aired on MTV. It could be a hit.
                            Sure it was. But just because SGU is different doesn't make it any less Sci Fi. Sci Fi comes in all forms, with cheesy B-movies like Independence Day to thought provoking explorations of the human condition like the book Brave New World.

SGU is Sci Fi. It is doing what early sci fi did before it became entirely the domain of explosions and things not being taken seriously. It is placing every day people into an extraordinary setting and using it to explore the nature of man and society. That's what classic Sci Fi does and that is why SGU will forever be Sci Fi. Because character drama is integral to the old school of science fiction.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And it is possible to return with current earth/asgard tech if they REALLY wanted to.
                              the sacrifices needed would make everyone cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                                Cracking up would be Eli naked except for a loin-cloth, crawling around the Destiny stroking a Kino thats his "precious".
                                Give it time, people, give it time.

Personally I prefere it being earthquake girl, TJ or Chloe doing the naked thing through.

Comment

Working...
                                X