No announcement yet.

The Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I saw it.. I went "CONTROL CHAIR!! ..... The those restraints shot out...and oooohhh

Comment

Someone should plant info in the ships database that it's an ascension machine, maybe thats where the crew disapppeared to.

Rush would be the first in line to test.

Didn't see all the esipodes, presume they didn't find any corpses ?

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachus View Post
        Someone should plant info in the ships database that it's an ascension machine, maybe thats where the crew disapppeared to.

it was an unmanned ship, people were never on it

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachus View Post

it was an unmanned ship, people were never on it

Comment

ok, no crew.

AS far as we know.

Planning to have someday certainly.

Nice showers though.

Comment

I believe the char is only to download ship records and all the stuff the Ancient Captain would need when gating aboard. There is no reason for the Ancients to put a repository. Unless Ancients are absent minded and need to be retaught how to use their dinosaur technology.

I had the scene in my head that the Ancient team gates aboard and the Captain goes and gets downloaded along with bridge crew maybe and is instantly aware of all ship records and how to run the ship as well as what may need to be repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                She clearly has skills.
                lol that she does....lol

Comment

Rush didn't want to sit in the chair because, while he desperatly wants the information/control it has, he's not sure it'll be safe. One of the hallmarks of a Macheavellian personality like his is the value he puts on his life/goals over that of all others. He's perfectly willing to risk someone else's life (see the suggestions he made in Air II) but not quite his own. Young did really well in calling him on it, too.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

That chair looks more like some place for a Psych patient...or torture chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                      That chair looks more like some place for a Psych patient...or torture chamber.
                      Introducing A Clockwork Destiny, the new episode written by Stanley Kubrick.
                      The chair plays you episodes of Friends on loop, and you have to watch it.
                      Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                        Doesn't sound soo bad

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                          and it isn't even an episode with marcel the monkey, since he was the only thing that ever made that show watchable, and only then when VERY drunk.

Comment

whta was they said they used to power the icacaris project

Comment

Behold, from the transcript of Air, I:

DANIEL: Icarus Base was established on a planet discovered two years ago to have a uniquely powerful core. The entire purpose of the project is to hopefully one day dial the nine chevron address found in the Ancient database...
                              SCOTT: ...It's something to do with how this one's tied into the plane of the power.

Life
                              WALLACE: Woah! Almost the same mineral composition as the Icarus planet.

YOUNG: How long?

RUSH: One year away. Naturally-occurring naqahdria throughout the planet's crust. Ample power for our needs.

So, there you have it.

Naturally occuring naqahdria... *headdesk*

Comment

If the Ori could dial a supergate across millions of light years of space and send huge space ships using only a black hole the mass of a planet, why couldn't Earth do that as well? With Asgard and Ancient databases it's just unlikely that they would find some obscure gate address before they find the Ancients' extensive notes on gate function and structure. Is naqadriah really better than a black hole or a zpm at dialing long-distance?

Comment

Working...
                                X