Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tHIS hAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS EPISODE bUT IT HAS TO DO WITH THE STORY AND DIRECTION OF THE SGU SERIES.

Stargate universe is different but i will give the write and produces this season to f**k with the characters in any way they like. But next season they need to Think of a story that works better for the serie. I'm not saying badguy but i am saying they should be cut off from earth and have massive lost in crew. 10-15 died next season. Ship control too 60-80%. Stone storyline are O.k every 6 episodes But if i was a writer for this series i would drop the stones storyline.

I like the show and the characters they have made on borad the destiny. Planet storylines are cool. Come up with same Good talkin alien that are in a war with a bad alien race that hunt the destiny down for next season. all the actor are bring there game but the story are failing abit.

Stargate is a door to another universe so lets explorer the universe.

SyFy channel please make better episode promos

Bob. S Thanks anyone who reads this but don't hate me or SGU.
    P.S I will watch all stargate universe and Hope They get pickup for a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
      And if the character development is the story? If the story is not about things happening but instead about the people things happen to and the way they handle it?
      Then it's not realistic. Regardless of the fiction if a story is about character development that it's not about things happening then it's not a real story. I've observed people most of my life. What I've found is that there are very very few people that makes things happen. Have you ever heard of the 80 Percentile Rule? (Pareto's Principle, the 80-20 rule) If not do a little research.It's fascinating, but suffice to say 80 percent of us are bystandards. Things happen to us or we watch while things happen and the remaining 20 percent are instigators or responders or victims.

The truth is most people don't have the motivation to cause things to just happen. We walk through our lives feeling helpless, aimless as though there is no control at all. We get sick and we trust when we are told we will die. Some people don't trust that, they find another way.

On SGU, there is only one person of the 20 percentile on the show. Rush.
      But is he a responder, victim or instigator?

I'm honestly not sure what the point of the comparison is here. Those shows tell the stories they've set out to tell the way they want to tell them. SGU is not trying to tell the stories of those shows. Nor is it trying to tell its own story in the style of those shows.
      I too must be honest. I think it's fairly obvious.
      The similarity is that they are all character driven shows.

TPTB have stated that they were creating in SGU a far more character-driven show. We can all argue 'til the cows come home about whether that's good or bad, or whether we personally like it, or whether they've succeeded in their goal. But I fail to see how we can criticize them for not writing a plot-heavy, character-light show when that's not what they set out to do.
      You like most people live in a world of have and have not's.
      If you have a little, then you have.
      If you don't have everything, then you have not.
      I don't think by the same standards. I do not think a show must be heavy on anything. I only require balance.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      HUH? Are we watching the same show? Each character has a different personality and background. How can they have the same story. the only same is that they are all on a ship together.
      Well firstly. When I say they have the same story you think, personality and background. When I say they have the same story I think about the story being told. Not the person behind the story and not the past of the person.

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      Not really saluting. Mocking maybe?

I just tried to point out that you tend to display your opinion as if they were facts, but they are not.
      Can you really be certain of that?
      (You will likely ask: "certain about what". You chose. Which is more important. What matters to you?)

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      I agree that Babylon 5 was never repetitious and had direction but it also was a great character drama. Look at the journeys of just two: G'Kar and Londo.
      That is the greatest disadvantage of SGU. None of these characters will have a different story, they'll all have the same story to tell, everyone, from a slightly different perspective. That's why it ends up as character dissertation.

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
      You can't compare SGU to Heroes in the way you're comparing it. Heroes' biggest flaw is that the characters repeat the same thing over and over again every season, no matter what tune the plot is singing. SGU hasn't been running long enough to say that.

Just sayin'.
      I don't believe as some that some things can't be compared.
      I believe ll things can not only be compared but contrasted.

At the very beginning SGU is just like the current Heros Season, no growth, no different reactions.

Originally posted by bobshort View Post
      tHIS hAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS EPISODE bUT IT HAS TO DO WITH THE STORY AND DIRECTION OF THE SGU SERIES.

Stargate universe is different but i will give the write and produces this season to f**k with the characters in any way they like. But next season they need to Think of a story that works better for the serie. I'm not saying badguy but i am saying they should be cut off from earth and have massive lost in crew. 10-15 died next season. Ship control too 60-80%. Stone storyline are O.k every 6 episodes But if i was a writer for this series i would drop the stones storyline.

I like the show and the characters they have made on borad the destiny. Planet storylines are cool. Come up with same Good talkin alien that are in a war with a bad alien race that hunt the destiny down for next season. all the actor are bring there game but the story are failing abit.

Stargate is a door to another universe so lets explorer the universe.

SyFy channel please make better episode promos

Bob. S Thanks anyone who reads this but don't hate me or SGU.
      P.S I will watch all stargate universe and Hope They get pickup for a second season.
      An interesting perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        Not really saluting. Mocking maybe?

I just tried to point out that you tend to display your opinion as if they were facts, but they are not.
        Can you really be certain of that?
        (You will likely ask: "certain about what". You chose. Which is more important. What matters to you?)
        Quite certain about both:
        A) You were mocking me,
        B) You state your opinion as if it was fact.

You said:
        Lost and Heroes are TV Character Driven Dramas all though good focused far too much on the drama to the point of mediocrity and repetition.
        Since I lost interest in Heroes, I can't comment it, but season four and five of Lost were quite entertaining, they answered a lot of questions, and of course raised a couple. And the S5 cliffhanger is one of the best cliffhangers in years. So you shouldn't call something mediocre just because you don't get it or don't like it.

While taste is not for discussing, judging something (e.g. Chloe "sleeping around""), declaring your "facts" (e.g. Lost is mediocre), gets boring fast.
        sigpic

Comment

I've observed people most of my life.
          And that was for... How long exactly?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobshort View Post
            Then your post doesn't belong here, genIUS.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

SGU is starting already like the latter end of Lost...neverending, repetitious drama....soap.
              You're calling the later seasons of Lost "neverending, repetitious drama....soap"? Seriously? It's probably been one of the fastest-paced shows around for most of the past season or two...!

At the very beginning SGU is just like the current Heros Season, no growth, no different reactions.
              Are you kidding? So Rush, Young and Eli (for examples) are all handling this the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                You're calling the later seasons of Lost "neverending, repetitious drama....soap"? Seriously? It's probably been one of the fastest-paced shows around for most of the past season or two...!
                I know this is random and off topic, but I stopped watching Lost because it was getting no where - would it be worth tuning in again?

Are you kidding? So Rush, Young and Eli (for examples) are all handling this the same way?
                And that is the perfect example of all of us watching the same show and interpreting it differently. I agree with you, btw, I don't think the characters are all singing the same tune and I don't understand how anyone gets that idea.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                  I know this is random and off topic, but I stopped watching Lost because it was getting no where - would it be worth tuning in again?
                  It was mid season 3 when they finally got their end date, so from the second part of the said season it got better and better with a killer cliff hanger in S5. Some big S4 questions only get answered in S5 so it's a big cashing in for patient viewers .
                  sigpic

Comment

It was mid season 3 when they finally got their end date, so from the second part of the said season it got better and better with a killer cliff hanger in S5. Some big S4 questions only get answered in S5 so it's a big cashing in for patient viewers .
                    I was patient, but then I was bored... and eventually that bordem lead me to finding something better to do when it aired - like watching my grass grow.

But, I might tune in again if it's worth my time.

Anyways, back on the topic of Life....

Rush is one of the coolest characters on the show, and so doesn't approach the world in the same way as all the other characters do.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I was patient, but then I was bored... and eventually that bordem lead me to finding something better to do when it aired - like watching my grass grow.
                      No, really, when did you give up? Just because if it was pre season 4 then yes you should pick it up, if it was during (or after) season four, then I'm not sure.
                      sigpic

Comment

Rush is one of the coolest characters on the show, and so doesn't approach the world in the same way as all the other characters do.
                        That’s probably because his approach to life is slightly less sane than the others He is still a very cool character though.

Comment

No, really, when did you give up? Just because if it was pre season 4 then yes you should pick it up, if it was during (or after) season four, then I'm not sure.
                          I gave up during season 2... probably around half way through.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          That’s probably because his approach to life is slightly less sane than the others He is still a very cool character though.
                          Yup, and yet he seems to be handling the situation much better then those 'sane' ones. Look how Young is unraveling, although I'm not sure he is all that sane anymore .

Comment

I gave up during season 2... probably around half way through.
                            That was the time, when the network was pressuring them to slow down, because it was doing fine, and they were afraid the show runners will end it too fast.
                            So if you feel curious enough, and believe those who say it's worth it, then try to get past mid season three. If you manage, then you are in for a treat...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup, and yet he seems to be handling the situation much better then those 'sane' ones. Look how Young is unraveling, although I'm not sure he is all that sane anymore .
                              True enough, I think many of them are going bonkers being cooped up on the ship. For Rush its different, it’s Disneyland for him.

Comment

That was the time, when the network was pressuring them to slow down, because it was doing fine, and they were afraid the show runners will end it too fast.
                                So if you feel curious enough, and believe those who say it's worth it, then try to get past mid season three. If you manage, then you are in for a treat...

Comment

Working...
                                X