Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Coronach;10866154]There was no body-swap sex in this episode at all. [QUOTE]

They didn't show it specifically, but they gave the impression of it after she changed clothes and took a shower when her and her partner began kissing in their bedroom. I think that was the 'intimacy' or 'sex' they were aiming to portray in this episode without actually showing it directly. That's what I took away from it at least.

- CB
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
    Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post

However, Chloe really lost more points with me this week which is hard to do since she hasn’t built many. He going to Eli and telling him about Scott’s kid? That just seemed wrong. If he wanted everyone to know I have a feeling Scott would have said something himself. She actually seemed Jealous about a woman who was literally billions of light-years away. She seemed to have little positive scenes in this episode. While she is ‘slowly’ being fleshed out, the season is almost half over and she has so little positive influence on the crew as of this point.

- Cecil Brax
      Do we really know Chloe said anything. Who is to say that Scott didn't tell someone else?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this episode was more interesting than entertaining. It was interesting when they discovered the chair, which looked like a prototype of the Atlantis chair, lol. I miss SGA. Anyway, it was nice they were bringing up the SG-1 stories, including the ones where O'neill downloaded all of the ancient knowledge in his head. I wish the ep had more scenes focused around this discovery. I loved the drama between Young and Rush who debated about using the chair, and when Young said you can sit in the chair, Rush did not say a word, Young's response was priceless. I just felt the ep would of been better if they cut the Earth visits shorter and just focus on this new discovery.
        sigpic

Comment

They didn't show it specifically, but they gave the impression of it after she changed clothes and took a shower when her and her partner began kissing in their bedroom. I think that was the 'intimacy' or 'sex' they were aiming to portray in this episode without actually showing it directly. That's what I took away from it at least.

- CB
          You know what happens to those who assume. Maybe she just wanted some non-military clothes I take Wray to be someone with more restriant when it comes to swex.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Finally, Wray. I don’t know how else to say this, but I think I dislike her more then Chloe. As one of the high ranking members of the IOA she completely abused some young woman’s body by engaging in intimacy with her partner. I have nothing against same sex relationships, but the young woman she was inhabiting might.
            Hmm, this is actually a very good point. While all we really saw was them kissing, even that may not be something the woman host would have approved of. What's more, when the scenes are shot, we (the viewers) see Wray's body in the scenes. While I absolutely loved the portrayal of Wray and Sharon's relationship, I have to at least say that I agree about the host-body rights issue.

While TPTB may have expected us to infer that consent is given, I would really prefer if they would come out and mention this in an episode. It should be well-established that people volunteering to body-swap are consenting to these kinds of things.

On the plus side, maybe it'll be mentioned in a future episode? If you were astute during this episode, you'd have noticed that they brought up the issue of "clearance" for certain friends and family, as well as sticking to cover stories. I thought that was a nice moment of continuity for the viewer.

It really showed a major flaw in her character.
            I would agree, except I have a very strong feeling that people willingly volunteering their body for people to see their significant others would consent to this (provided safe practices were a requirement).

Again, TPTB need to explicitly say this so this constant issue can be put to rest, because it sucks to see that great scenes like the ones with Camile and Sharon can be lessened by this proverbial elephant in the room.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              Of course Empress.
              "Gag me" was merely an opener. Suffice to say I was thoroughly bored. I'm having a hard...very hard time caring about many of the characters it's all I can do to lick a moment of sympathy for Young, Scott and others....so many of these episodes go nowhere....we are where we where essentially when the show began and sure we have air and water, we've survied a horror film but nothing has engaged my mind at all.

I can barely recognize the show as SCI FI.
              Of course you don't. Your exposure to sci-fi is obviously limited to series with stand-alone eps, lots of space battles and laser fights, humanoid aliens who speak perfect English, retread storylines of visits to alien worlds not nearly so strange; several mouthful of technobabble and groups of space travelling buds who take turns at delivering witty quips and putdowns. But science fiction can be more than that. Science fiction (especially in the novel format) can truly use its fantastical elements to tell stories of the human condition. Some sci fi shows in the past have paid lip service to that; Stargate Universe however, flaws and all, actually tries to deliver on that front. It does indeed put the human element ahead of the action and the special effects. Its not perfect and its certainly won't be all fanboys' (and fangirls) cup of tea. But I find its handling of characters as good as almost anything we can find on TV these days. And I think by delivering so much on the character front leads to a better payoff down the line when the more action plots start coming our way. Just my two cents. So, it doesn't matter to me that the characters haven't figured out the ship in two or three eps. This more drawn out approach may be boring to some but its a realistic approach that I appreciate. I'll be blunt. Stargate never reinvented the wheel when it came to sci fi TV. SG1 was a highly enjoyable show but not exactly innovative. So I'm glad TPTB didn't go down that road for the third time with this third series. I'm happy that at least they're trying a diferent approach with this show compared to the previous two.

And if I may say so, Saquist, I find it interesting when reading about your complaints concerning these characters that you have an avatar of Ford from SGA. Was there ever a more underwrittem, disposable, insulting token character on sci fi TV than Ford? Well, other than Mayweather on Enterprise? There are very minor character on Universe who in two eps get more development than Ford did during his first season on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Do we really know Chloe said anything. Who is to say that Scott didn't tell someone else?
                Actually, Eli said "Chloe told me" in the episode. Unless he is lying, which he has no reason to do. Unless its part of his evil plan to break them up. Which I guess is possible but that's really a stretch in my book.

There is a slight posibility that I missheard that, but maybe someone can confirm? I accidently deleted my recording.

- CB
                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                  Oh look! They found an ancient chair! That was the only thing sci-fi in the whole episode and they didn't even use it.
                  You're right! No Scifi!!1!!1!11!

Swapping bodies with people many galaxies away? Clearly not sci fi.

Accessing the seeder ship database? Not sci fi!

Several people on the edge of snapping because they are trapped light years from home? Not sci fi! If this were sci fi, they'd all be friends and mentally stable by episode 2 like in Star Trek: Voyager.

Bring on the 'splosions please!! And the laser gun battles!!

Comment

I have to agree...
                    This show is aspiring to new heights of immorality.
                    These core men and women are becoming...body donors for sexual activity....un supervised....it's unconscionable that they are using these people body and possibly exposing them sexually transmitted diseases, or dealing pregnancies to people who didn't want them but have are genneticly responsible to them.

This just stinks of script writer what if-ing absurdity....
                    It's one thing to be Scientifly questionable....SGU has actually found a way to social logically questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      I think this episode was more interesting than entertaining. It was interesting when they discovered the chair, which looked like a prototype of the Atlantis chair, lol. I miss SGA. Anyway, it was nice they were bringing up the SG-1 stories, including the ones where O'neill downloaded all of the ancient knowledge in his head. I wish the ep had more scenes focused around this discovery. I loved the drama between Young and Rush who debated about using the chair, and when Young said you can use the chair, Rush did not say a word. I just felt the ep would of been better if they cut the Earth visits shorter and just focus on this new discovery.
                      If they'd done as you're suggesting, they would have had a solid 9/10 episode for me. I'm really beginning to grow more than a wee bit weary of all the stone-related subplots. I'm starting to ache for SGA.

It's a shame, because the majority of the good stuff on this show is very, very promising. I can only hope the stones explode in the season finale. Maybe that's the jaw-dropping cliffhanger Mallozzi was going on about, except instead of us all going 'OMG NO', we'll be rejoicing like there's no tomorrow.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Eli said Chloe told him about Scott's son, which irritated me. My thought was, "what a big mouth!" I'm sure Scott didn't want that kind of personal information blabbed all over the ship.

Seriously, Chloe needs to be vaporized. Quickly.

Comment

Pretty good one tonight. Not great, but good. Of course my favorite scene was Young beating the s*** out of Telford. He so had it coming to him.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post

I know Young hates Telford, but using the stones and faking his identity just to go punch someone is beyond unprofessional.
                            So, sitting back and letting people spread lies about you to your wife is very professional? From what we've seen, Young has not cheated on his wife on the Destiny.

But I guess its okay to bang away on TJ and get upset over a perceived affair. *shakes head* I was just starting to like the guy but now he is at the bottom of the list with Lt. BORE Scott and the useless Chloe.

Definitely the worst episode so far. So bad I'm not sure I'm coming back for more.
                            "Bang Away"???? I use your words, and yet...there is no truth....hmm...
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                              I guess you missed the lesbian thing, right?
                              No, I didn't miss it. Can you say for sure that they had sex? What if Camile felt uncomfortable doing that in someone else's body (even if permission was given...which is still unclear and something TPTB need to address)? I'd say it's a toss-up atm, whereas the Young scenes in "Earth" were quite clear.

Its bad enough we've had Young using other bodies for sex, but would you like to be the "volunteer" for Wray to visit her lesbo lover?
                              I couldn't volunteer for that as I'm not a woman.

So bad I'm not sure I'm coming back for more.
                              Don't kid yourself
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I think this episode was more interesting than entertaining. It was interesting when they discovered the chair, which looked like a prototype of the Atlantis chair, lol. I miss SGA. Anyway, it was nice they were bringing up the SG-1 stories, including the ones where O'neill downloaded all of the ancient knowledge in his head. I wish the ep had more scenes focused around this discovery. I loved the drama between Young and Rush who debated about using the chair, and when Young said you can sit in the chair, Rush did not say a word, Young's response was priceless. I just felt the ep would of been better if they cut the Earth visits shorter and just focus on this new discovery.
                                Exactly how I feel.

More pew pew less QQ. Or...something like that.

Last edited by ZoSo; 20 November 2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: better smilies. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X