X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Fallen. I like that episode.
    True. We have no evidence anyone has actually slept anywhere they've had sex.
    Heh, Fallen, yeah that was fun.
    And I got the impression that Matt and Chloe slept, but it's not absolutely certain.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Maybe Young has longer memory than most of you, and remembered what happened when the Destiny came out of FTL. But in case you forgot it, Young was having sex with his wife in Telfords body.

So for Telford it was like: "So I'm just being a prick on Destiny, then whoa, I'm like doing this hot chick, and she was hot believe me, than whoosh and I'm back on Destiny."

So Young assumed that Telford went back for more, and that good old Telford used these visits only to tell lies on Young makes him more than disturbed...
      I remember this episode, yes, but just because Young (ab)used Telford's body to spend intimite time with his wife does not, in any way, mean that Telford would necessarily have any interest in 'coming back for more'. Any more than any of the other swapped bodies would likely do anything any of the others did in their bodies. From what I can see, Young is just pissed off at Telford, and thus assuming out of hand that Telford is as petty as he is.

As was Brief Candle for me. And by the way, what was that interesting plot that made you like that episode?
      I quite enjoyed the nanite storyline, and the civilization that lived around it. Also, Jack's progression of attitude while aging, and Sam figuring out a way to fix it (if I recall the episode clearly. It's been a little while). It was a self-contained episode, so it had a start, a middle, and an end, with reasons and consequences and resolves all put together. Life had virtually none of these things, because its part of a long arc. Life's problem, however, is that it would be a decent episode if there were more of the above elements contained in BC actually spread throughout the previous episodes, instead of lightly sprinkled.

But again, I'm not surprised that the development has been slow and steady. This has the makings of an epic - one long story with every character going from what they are right now: unprepared, cowardly, selfish, etc. etc. to the professionals we might see in SG1/SGA at the end of the series.
      But here's the thing: We can't bank on SGU having SG-1's ten seasons--Atlantis didn't even get SG-1's ten seasons. With Networks so trigger-happy about cancellations, shows need to bring at least their moderately sized guns to the forefront quickly, and then move on from there, not provide a noisy cricket and promise bigger guns 'maybe in a few years'.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
        I remember this episode, yes, but just because Young (ab)used Telford's body to spend intimite time with his wife does not, in any way, mean that Telford would necessarily have any interest in 'coming back for more'. Any more than any of the other swapped bodies would likely do anything any of the others did in their bodies. From what I can see, Young is just pissed off at Telford, and thus assuming out of hand that Telford is as petty as he is.
        I've checked, you're a girl. So it's rather hard for you to imagine yourself in Telford's place, or if they would "have any interest". But calling Young petty, for assuming Telford's having ulterior motives is, dunno, what. Biased? Even if we know that what Telford did was worse then just boinking the wife, he was fabricating lies about Young and TJ. And that's grand, and sex is petty.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          You know what, pal, way way way too much information.
          When one makes errors as we just did...information is the only way to correct us. We shy away from correction because we are afraid to be wrong.

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          I wont address the ex-boyfriend thing because it was already pointed out. But, I'm wondering what pointing this out had to do with the accusation that Chloe is sleeping around, which is clearly isn't.
          The point is the hypocrisy.
          Even though it's the EX-boyfriend I still have to point out the peculiar behavioral rules that some abide to about not dating a friends ex...

This is so made for the teenage world. You know I watched it this and assumed that someone was that worked up about something it had to be because someone cheated on them....Instead it's begrudging someone else's happiness?

It's very selfish.

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          :clears throat:
          Anyway...
          Any effective transition as any, I suppose.

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
          Some people don't like Chloe and take any chance they get to insult that character.

I liked the epsidoe, it devloped several of the characters. And to be honest I am more interested in the character development than anything else.

I don't like Chloe. I don't hate her. Like many of the characters she seems immature. I could take every chance to point out an error but I haven't Chloe really isn't really worth the time. She's emotional and she needs comfort from men. I look forward like many others of her finding something more useful to do. I don't really like most of the characters.
          No one is trying to do what's right on this show if they do it seems to happen by chance.

Comment

I love the AI. It knows what it's doing.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              The point is the hypocrisy.
              Even though it's the EX-boyfriend I still have to point out the peculiar behavioral rules that some abide to about not dating a friends ex...

This is so made for the teenage world. You know I watched it this and assumed that someone was that worked up about something it had to be because someone cheated on them....Instead it's begrudging someone else's happiness?

It's very selfish.
              CELINA: So is Chloe really OK?

ARMSTRONG: She'll be fine.

CELINA: I wish she'd call me back.

ARMSTRONG: I'm sure she misses you. I ... I think she's just having a hard time dealing right now.

CELINA: It's just ... I really need to talk to her, you know?

ARMSTRONG: You mean about the fact that you're sleeping with her boyfriend?

CELINA: What?

ARMSTRONG: It's pretty obvious you guys are together.

CELINA: Look, Josh and Chloe broke up.

ARMSTRONG: Yeah, I don't think she ever would have suspected that you're the real reason why.
              So it's one thing to break up, and another too know who was the reason.

You've been quite frank with us, shared a lot about yourself. On the other hand, and I really don't want to be rude, but it just proved that you like to debate about things you don't have first hand information about. I admire your high moral stance, but allow us mere mortal sinners to disagree with you now and then...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                So it's one thing to break up, and another too know who was the reason.

You've been quite frank with us, shared a lot about yourself. On the other hand, and I really don't want to be rude, but it just proved that you like to debate about things you don't have first hand information about. I admire your high moral stance, but allow us mere mortal sinners to disagree with you now and then...
                pjt, I don't have defile myself to understand the problems of premarital sex. It's because I understand the problems that I exercise self control. And you know you don't have to be perfect to learn from other people's mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbow View Post
                  Blackbow's Review: Stargate Universe: "Life"

[...]

I also really enjoyed TJ's psychiatric evaluations. My two favourites were her first (the hydro-whingeologist Franklin - SGU's answer to Kavanaugh?) - her response to his tirade was great ("So you're coping okay then!") and the aforementioned one with Park - and Park and Greer were "reading" again at the end of the episode, too...

[...]
                  Why do you say "again"? they only did it at the end of the episode.
                  In the begining, it was another guy, the one who said "hello" to her later on, with a smile (maybe thinking that they'll do it again), and she responded Hello as if nothing happened between them (indicating she either didn't want to mentiong it at work, or that she doesn't want to read again with him any more).

Comment

pjt, I don't have defile myself to understand the problems of premarital sex. It's because I understand the problems that I exercise self control. And you know you don't have to be perfect to learn from other people's mistakes.
                    I highlighted the words I have problems with.
                    In no way I want to belittle what you have chosen to stand for, but it still doesn't give you the right to use derogatory terms on Chloe like "sleeping around". And it still doesn't count if it is compared to you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      I love the AI. It knows what it's doing.
                      That is assuming there is one.

Comment

When one makes errors as we just did...information is the only way to correct us. We shy away from correction because we are afraid to be wrong.
                        You seem to be assuming an interest in your sex life or lack of it. Believe me, pal, you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                          (From my blog re: Life)

Months before the Stargate Universe episode called “Life” aired I knew it was going to be one of my favorites. As most of the 15 plus readers of this blog know, I am an extra. Extras are the out of focus people you see in the background of TV shows and Films. We’re also referred to as Background Performers, Background Actors, and or the Atmosphere. On Stargate Universe I was referred to on most of the callsheets as one of “Greer’s Marines” or as ***spoiler***. While we were filming “Time” I managed to get myself a copy of the entire script of “Life” (I know people who can get me these things). From that point on I waited expectantly for the episode to air. (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...u_109_0114.jpg That is me behind Dr. Park).

I’ve been asked many-a-time since the episode called “Life” aired as to why it is one of my favorites. The main reason I loved it so much is because it gives to the Stargate universe (note the “universe” isn’t capitalized) a new dimension and depth heretofore not explored (much). It reminded me a bit of the episodes of SG-1 that dealt with O’Neill’s (“Two, Ls”) past (think of yellow sand and crystalline entities that have great explosive potential). I love stories that have good, deep, and interesting characters. Most shows give us a lot of characterization: age, gender, occupation, they type of clothes a person wears, where they live, they car they drive, how they walk, etc., etc., but they don’t give us a whole lot of character: how a person reacts to conflict, or the choices an individual makes under pressure. “Life” gave us a whole lot of character development. Think of Greer’s psych evaluation. It was short, but told us a whole lot about him and what makes him tick. When the world gets to watch “Lost”, they’ll understand even more what makes Greer’s cogs turn.

Furthermore, after reading “Life” I was left with many questions. A good feature film will for the most part raise questions, and before the film is over, will answer them. A good TV series on the other hand will raise questions in one episode–such that the viewers wonder what will happen next, (and of course tune in the following week)–and answer those questions at some point in a future episode. At least a good TV series will do this. Stargate Universe does this. Unfortunately, there are many folks out there who want all the answers all at once. There is a lack of patience. They want fast food TV shows. SGU is not fast food. It is a savory meal that one anticipates all day (all week). The longer the show airs, the more savory it will become. If they went the way of the fast food-give all the answers sort of show, that is all it would ever be. The writers/producers of SGU are creating a massive base (or if we keep with the food metaphor, a sophisticated pallet of tastes) that will serve to create a massive structure that will be ever pleasing (and oh so tasty). So ya, I want deeper, more interesting shows. That’s my personal preference. Please, don’t judge me. For the record, there will be plenty of technology related episodes coming up, and because of the foundation that has been layed out for us, they will be that much more, well, awesome.
                          NICE And how lucky and blessed are you to be actually part of SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            You seem to be assuming an interest in your sex life or lack of it. Believe me, pal, you're wrong.
                            No, I just corrected falsehoods.
                            You're the one talking about my chastity.

Comment

No, I just corrected falsehoods.
                              You're the one talking about my chastity.
                              And this is what you do: you accuse people of talking about something that you bring up. I am simply responding to something you brought up *totally unnecessarily*. Stop it. No one is interested in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
                                But here's the thing: We can't bank on SGU having SG-1's ten seasons--Atlantis didn't even get SG-1's ten seasons. With Networks so trigger-happy about cancellations, shows need to bring at least their moderately sized guns to the forefront quickly, and then move on from there, not provide a noisy cricket and promise bigger guns 'maybe in a few years'.
                                Well, that is the fundamental flaw in serialized shows, isn't it? Even if the creators take time to build things up and plan things out, it would all be for naught if the show gets cancelled half way through. The only option is to quickly close up shop, and that usually end up sucking. The best option is to not make serialized shows, but that in turn deprives us with stories that persist longer than a few episodes.

I'm not saying that they'll have 10 years. At this rate, I can see them finishing the show in 3 or 4, not because it'll get cancelled, but because it seems that that's how long it'll take for these characters to develop to their ideal selves.

But anyway, I disagree that all we've been getting are "noisey crickets". It's only been 9 episodes, and IMHO we've already had some brilliant, big episodes like Air III, Light, and Time. I'm not sure how much bigger things can go at this point in the series. They've had the big off-world episode; they've had the big shoot out; they've had the big "ship is going to be destroyed!!" episode; and these aren't even the moderate-sized guns?

In comparison, SGA didn't really pick up for me until the mid-season 2 parter. SG1 fared better though; I found the first big splash to be The First Commandment.

Also, I really don't care about what the networks think; I only care about how I feel and so far I'm loving it. They're taking their time and the pace for me is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X