This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I thought both characters were where they were supposed to be.

Young has always been pretty emotion-less, except when it comes to dealing with his wife, Telford, and Rush; then he becomes pretty passionate about it. As this whole episode revolved around him interacting with these 3 people, it doesn't surprise me that he's a little more stressed out than normal.

Rush wasn't a coward at all; he was acting normal. We can't all be heroes like Sheppard who seems to get off on self-sacrifice. Rush pondered all the possibilities and thinks that there was a real chance he could die because of it, and chose not to risk his life. Would any of you have really taken that risk and sat in that chair?
    Young hates Rush (maybe Rush was rude to his mother or something, who knows). It seems pretty irrational but then again, Young seems to act irrationally a fair amount of the time. I think Rush would take the risk and sit in the chair but he's well aware that if it goes wrong, he's the only person who can fix it. Would you, as Colonel-in-charge, put the only person who can fix it when something goes wrong, the guy who's basically keeping the ship together, into a position of danger? Only someone who is (a) irrational and/or (b) hates that person, would do so.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    am i the only one who notices the enormous sexual tension between them?
    Probably.

Comment

This time it will be a short review. Not my favorite kind of episode with the stones. Lets hope those are just for background information and we'll see less and less of them as the season move along.

Spoiler:

By reading some synopsis/spoilers on the web. It seem the other half of the season will have less of them and be potentially a little more interesting.

The discovery of the "control" Chair was more interesting. I guess something will be done about it in the future. During this episode nothing happened with it. We already know Rush won't sacrifice himself for the crew and has his own agenda.

4/10 A bit higher than Earth, much worse than Time and worse than Water. And much worse than this week Sanctuary.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Probably these memory residues will cause some problems, and they'll have to abandon using them on constant basis.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Probably these memory residues will cause some problems, and they'll have to abandon using them on constant basis.
          Yes, i bet that sooner or later Young will say the usage of the stones is forbidden because it's too dangerous.
          (and for Young, even more, after the incident with Telford!)

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
            Yes, i bet that sooner or later Young will say the usage of the stones is forbidden because it's too dangerous.
            (and for Young, even more, after the incident with Telford!)
            I'm betting that Young can't stop going back to his wife.

Comment

If only there was a swimming pool...they could have pool parties on the destiny.

They could also airlock the stargate since its just there as a show piece.

Comment

At least no one's going to daydream about being a barber from Indiana this time.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                  If only there was a swimming pool...they could have pool parties on the destiny.

A show piece that's been used 6 times out of 9 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                    You're absolutely right.
                    They never really used it, or mentioned anything about it. Never said a word about 38 minutes, fail-safes if you stick your hand into the event horizon, what happens if the wormhole is near a solar flare, etc.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
                      Because they all died off screen. Now can we stop talking about them?

OK, for a serious answer now. I think it's wrong to operate under the assumption that rescuing these people from the Destiny is on the top of SGC's list right now. Or even top 10 for that matter. The ship is galaxies away and cannot dial Earth, thus presents no threat to Earth (which would move it to the top of the list). Nobody of particular individual importance is aboard. In my mind, it's pretty clear that the SGC is not burning the midnight oil over these people.
                      I agree that Destiny doesn't seem like a top priority to the SGC (as it's the Pentagon dealing with them, not Cheyenne Mountain, and there appears to be very little threat to it). However, I refuse to pretend that SG-1 and Atlantis didn't happen, and that their super-characters (Whom I love, for all of their 45-minute problem solving skills) don't exist anymore. I would really appreciate a legit on-screen excuse as for why recognizable faces aren't being used--when they give us the easy stone excuse to see them--and yet keep telling us the best and the brightest are on the job.

*Edits to include quote!*
                      Last edited by Yusagi; 23 November 2009, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        Young hates Rush (maybe Rush was rude to his mother or something, who knows). It seems pretty irrational but then again, Young seems to act irrationally a fair amount of the time. I think Rush would take the risk and sit in the chair but he's well aware that if it goes wrong, he's the only person who can fix it. Would you, as Colonel-in-charge, put the only person who can fix it when something goes wrong, the guy who's basically keeping the ship together, into a position of danger? Only someone who is (a) irrational and/or (b) hates that person, would do so.
                        I don't think that was Young's point though. Rush is basically demanding that someone sit in the chair, no matter the consequences, and Young doesn't want to force or ask someone to do that until he knows it's relatively safe. Don't forget, it took the Asgard to save O'Neill from the information overload in SG-1. I think it's safe to say that the Destiny crew wouldn't have the capabilities to help if something went wrong.

So it wasn't a case of Young saying "kill yourself, Rush." It was a case of him trying to motivate Rush to find out more about the chair.

Comment

I'd like to say that the "45 min problem solving" that used to happen in SG1 and SGA, is 45 min for the viewers, but the show wasn't in real time (like the series 24). In the story, sometimes it took them 46 min! or several hours, or several days to solve the problem, but we see it wrapped in 45 min of film. How long did O'Neill stayed stucked in that planet? several months I think..

Comment

"I'm Mad about Young and Rush"

Easy tiger!

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                              This will definitely get interesting later on. Rush clearly prefers to work with Eli and Young is using that against Rush. I wonder how Eli feels as a "double agent." Does he want to know everything Rush knows, yet still remain suspicious of Rush?
                              After discovering that Rush planted that fake reference to a naqudria-rich planet, I doubt that Eli would actually trust Rush again. He already didn't like the fact that Rush was lying to Young in "Water" about the alien situation and lying about something as major as this--something that affects the well-being of the entire crew--is something Eli would never find acceptable.

I think Eli would gladly keep Rush in check not just for Young's sake, but for Chloe's sake and everyone else's too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                                I don't think that was Young's point though. Rush is basically demanding that someone sit in the chair, no matter the consequences, and Young doesn't want to force or ask someone to do that until he knows it's relatively safe. Don't forget, it took the Asgard to save O'Neill from the information overload in SG-1. I think it's safe to say that the Destiny crew wouldn't have the capabilities to help if something went wrong.

So it wasn't a case of Young saying "kill yourself, Rush." It was a case of him trying to motivate Rush to find out more about the chair.
                                Agreed. Young was giving Rush some much needed perspective. When it comes to the Ancient stuff, he seems to get so enthralled by the potential for discovery, he forgets about consequences or simply assumes that the greater good would be worth someone else sacrificing.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X