This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    What movies? From what I understood, the SG-1 movies had already been done, timeline-wise. After all, the Hammond is officially in service now. While I can understand if they have something else going on, it would be nice to mention it in the series.

The SGA movie is infinitely on hold as far as I know, so McKay should be free
    Umm...the 3rd SG-1 and 1st SGA movie. Just because they're on hold doesn't mean that the stories don't fit the SGU canon. If JM (the one who wrote the SGA script) says that McKay is not available due to the timeline of the SGA movie, then that's just how it goes.

Are you confusing the character and the actor? If so then I agree, David Hewlett probably would be free, though I don't know what he's up to these days.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      But I doubt those actors would kiss the same sex just for fun. The fact is part of their job is to do it.

Now granted i wouldn't make out with another guy even if my job depended on it. I'm just saying the average strait air force dude probably doesn't want a person billions of light years away to stick their tounge in another person of the same sex's mouth.
      You could make the same arguement with these Air Force people who voluenteer to have their bodies taken over. Its just a job. They aren't surrendering their bodies for free. In fact in knowing Jack I bet he asked for voluenteers. He is not the kind of person who would force this. I don't see people caring how a kiss (straight or gay) as long as the person in question are physically healthy.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
        Telford is ****in Youngs wife. Hooray.
        Actually, he's not. Hooray.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
          If they'd done as you're suggesting, they would have had a solid 9/10 episode for me. I'm really beginning to grow more than a wee bit weary of all the stone-related subplots. I'm starting to ache for SGA.

It's a shame, because the majority of the good stuff on this show is very, very promising. I can only hope the stones explode in the season finale. Maybe that's the jaw-dropping cliffhanger Mallozzi was going on about, except instead of us all going 'OMG NO', we'll be rejoicing like there's no tomorrow.
          whilst taking out chloe in the process. She literally does nothing and she even managed to weasel her way out of the training exercises.

Originally posted by rexpop View Post
          Another good episode, different to SG1/SGA and in a good way too. I was worried that after last weeks time travel episode that SGU would start heading down the path of turning into SG-1 but they seem to be avoid that by taking the show in a unique direction.

Also the way they are slowly introducing the parts of the backstory they need to seems to be done well. First with the solar flares now with the Ancient database. Old time viewers are rewarded with continuity but new viewers aren't left out in the cold.
          You mean actually turning into a scifi show ?

Originally posted by FatalDreams View Post
          So... no ones cares to know how come all ship crew suddenly had identical shirts and pants and went on a run like that? Good thing they had time to pack that in their... oh wait, no they didn't come with briefcases full of clothing! what the...

Yeah. I didn't like that silly storyline hole. Could have been easily avoided. com'on.

meh.
          Yeah and don't forget the never ending makeup supply for chloe!!
          Last edited by Nemises; 21 November 2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
            whilst taking out chloe in the process. She literally does nothing and she even managed to weasel her way out of the training exercises.
            1) Yoga is actually very good exercise. It shows some pretty good dedication if she can go off on her own and do it, rather than being forced to exercise like a lot of the crew.

2) Eli also weaseled his way out of the exercise, but I'm guessing it's okay because there isn't a bash-Eli bandwagon.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

She's not a member of the SGC, or assigned to them, like everyone else. She's entirely civilian and the only one. She can excercise however she likes.

Eli also weaseled his way out of the exercise, but I'm guessing it's okay because there isn't a bash-Eli bandwagon.
              Indeed. While there are ways the character could be made more integral to the show, this really isn't a valid complaint.

Another good episode, different to SG1/SGA and in a good way too. I was worried that after last weeks time travel episode that SGU would start heading down the path of turning into SG-1
              Hmmm.... My opinion was quite the opposite. While the acting in this episode was excellent, had I not been engaged in giving SGU a full season of viewing, I wouldn't have watched this anymore than I watch 'One Tree Hill' or 'Grey's Anatomy.' Now 'Time' was different. It was the first episode that gave me hope that this show might eventually turn into something I could like. They were actively engaged in figuring out a problem, and the plot was very interesting--it actually had a plot!
              Last edited by amconway; 21 November 2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                1) Yoga is actually very good exercise. It shows some pretty good dedication if she can go off on her own and do it, rather than being forced to exercise like a lot of the crew.

2) Eli also weaseled his way out of the exercise, but I'm guessing it's okay because there isn't a bash-Eli bandwagon.
                Yoga isn't just lifting one leg and remaining like that for a couple of mins.

And Eli was actually working on the ships computer

Comment

That yoga exercise seems just as valid as Scott's ship wide sprint. Doing nothing is kind of the point of the character. Its all about finding what she can do.

You mean actually turning into a scifi show ?
                  Can't turn into something they already are.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Yoga isn't just lifting one leg and remaining like that for a couple of mins.

And Eli was actually working on the ships computer
                    Funny how we only saw her for a couple of seconds
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Funny how we only saw her for a couple of seconds

Yes, it was a beautiful thing. Maybe there can be even less of her next week?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        Yes, it was a beautiful thing. Maybe there can be even less of her next week?
                        Nevuh! More Chloe!!! There should be an entire episode devoted to the awesomeness that is Chloe!!

Don't make me use the Chlip against you Chlaters!

Chlip - ammo clip to be used against Chloe haters
                        Chlaters - our primary enemies. When you encounter one, load up a fresh Chlip and open fire. (moderately or you'll get moderated )
                        These are both credited to Eternal Destiny in the Defenders of Chloe social group.
                        Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 21 November 2009, 11:54 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

As far as the stones( no, I'm not going to address the sex part), imagine being an Airman with( presumably) really high security clearance. You volunteer for some mysterious duty that allows someone you don't know to use your body, probably to visit family. So now you're sitting at a table in a small room on a spaceship. Suddenly, out of the blue you find yourself in the middle of taking a swing at a full bird Colonel in civilian clothes. I'm wondering if this Airman reacted quick enough to pull his punch, or if he followed through? "Oh, wow, it wasn't me."

As far as McKay visiting, first you have the issue of someone may eat an orange with his body, then you have to consider that McKay wouldn't be able to stay on Destiny long with the terrible food they have available.

Just a wild guess, but Carter is probably outfitting the Hammond so she can go deal with whoever attacked Icarus. Remember, it's only been a few weeks since the attack. I would imagine it takes time to install full weapons and shields on a ship that big.

To be fair to Eli, he was ordered by Young to confirm that the "escape" plan from Earth wouldn't have worked. Along with keeping tabs on what Rush may be up to, also an order from Young.

Comment

As far as the stones( no, I'm not going to address the sex part), imagine being an Airman with( presumably) really high security clearance. You volunteer for some mysterious duty that allows someone you don't know to use your body, probably to visit family. So now you're sitting at a table in a small room on a spaceship. Suddenly, out of the blue you find yourself in the middle of taking a swing at a full bird Colonel in civilian clothes. I'm wondering if this Airman reacted quick enough to pull his punch, or if he followed through? "Oh, wow, it wasn't me."
                            Yeah, that really struck me too, it's not just sexually that some of the people on the Destiny are treating people like their personal robot-puppets.

Just a wild guess, but Carter is probably outfitting the Hammond so she can go deal with whoever attacked Icarus. Remember, it's only been a few weeks since the attack. I would imagine it takes time to install full weapons and shields on a ship that big.
                            The events of the potential movie are also taking place withing this time frame. They aren't going to have SG-1 members appear at anytime when it may be later established that they couldn't have been there.

Comment

chloe IS exercising. and i think that was young's point, people need to exercise.

you'll also notice that rush seems immune to the rule, along with eli

in reality, the exercise is more a 'keep people busy' thing than anything else. give them something to do to burn off excess energy and, no joke meant, relieve some stress
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So this was supposed to be a scifi show? I thought it was some soap opera they were showing late for some reason *g*

Comment

Working...
                                X