Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rush really do what Young thinks he did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    it wouldn't be the 1st time Rush didn't deny a false accusation : back in Light Young suggested that Rush knew the ship would recharge (we know he didn't) and for some reason Rush didn't even defend himself
    Do we really? Or are you just speculating
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Do we really? Or are you just speculating
      I meant "we" as in "those of us who watched the ep" of course

Comment

I meant "we" as in "those of us who watched the ep" of course
        Then that is pure speculation. We don't know if Rush knew or not.
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Then that is pure speculation. We don't know if Rush knew or not.
          I meant "those of us who watched the ep" as in "those of us who watched the entire ep" of course

Comment

I meant "those of us who watched the ep" as in "those of us who watched the entire ep" of course
            still pure speculation. That is until you can prove in the episode that Rush knew or didn't know
            Jelgate is right

Comment

still pure speculation. That is until you can prove in the episode that Rush knew or didn't know
              ok did you watch the episode ?

Rush clearly looked surprised when the ship was recharging

Comment

it wouldn't be the 1st time Rush didn't deny a false accusation : back in Light Young suggested that Rush knew the ship would recharge (we know he didn't) and for some reason Rush didn't even defend himself
                My impression was Rush was angry and insulted at being suspected and felt the accusation didn't deserve the dignity of a reply. I think in that instance Young was wrong and unfair to Rush. What would Rush have to gain by putting everyone on board through that entire trauma? Loosing 17 people, a shuttle, and most if not all of the supplies would have been insane. He would not have gained anything from the act and it would seriously have jeopardized his position. Rush is far too pragmatic to have done so.

Comment

ok did you watch the episode ?

Rush clearly looked surprised when the ship was recharging
                  Yes.

Appearences can be deciving. I'm not saying he knew but I'm also not saying he didn't
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes.

Appearences can be deciving.
                    oh ?
                    then why the surprised look ?

Comment

oh ?
                      then why the surprised look ?
                      Hypothetically speaking if Rush did know he would want to keep up a mask so others wouldn't discover
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Hypothetically speaking if Rush did know he would want to keep up a mask so others wouldn't discover
                        I meant the scenes expressly filmed to show [the viewer] he didn't know, starting with the one where he was reading a book (then stared up with that look as in "wait a minute, we're still alive"), then the one where he was in engineering room when his expression went from surprise to something resembling outright exultation

in both these scenes he was completely alone, so who would those "others" have been - the Holy Spirit ?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                          It is possible, though Rush might have planted the gun when everybody was under house-arrest in the gateroom, since he was the only one missing (Young radioed him in the Nexus)

I dont know, right now, everything looks convincingly against Rush, however im still wondering what exactly was on that recording. If it really was Rush allone, or if it was Rush investigating, and then someone came in to take the gun.

Before we know whats on the tape, i cant make my mind up.

Also, who else would have framed Rush? Camille? Shes an opportunist, so maybe. The military people surely not, they are Young-loyal. Maybe Volkert, though i dont really think so
                          Well I know who else would frame rush..everybody on the ship, he's the most hated guy on ship (who held that role until spencer but now he's reclaimed it).

But what about Franklin? why did he look so guilty and nervous whilst talking to eli and why did he really go in that chair??
                          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                            Well I know who else would frame rush..everybody on the ship, he's the most hated guy on ship (who held that role until spencer but now he's reclaimed it).

But what about Franklin? why did he look so guilty and nervous whilst talking to eli and why did he really go in that chair??
                            Oh ****, sorry, missed that Freudian slip, its supposed to read "who else would frame YOUNG" not Rush
                            Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I think the simplest answer is that Young is right, and that the secret footage just shows Rush moving the gun. I hope the answer is far more complicated, and I actually hope it involves Franklin somehow considering his past involvements with Spencer, his hate for the military, and his eventual decision to sit on the chair. I just don't know how lazy or how creative the writers actually are; I don't trust them that much.

Comment

The idea of Franklin somehow being responsible seems....not that unlikely. After all, I wouldn't have thought he'd ever sit in that chair. I mean, everything on this thread (except the debate about whether or not Rush was surprised and then insulted in "Light") is pure speculation. For us conspiracy theorists who have been fooled before and are looking for any indication of shenanigans.

You know what? I wish we had a map of the ship, the part the crew is on, as it is thus far. Labeled, with whose quarters are where. From there, we could spin some theories on who could have possibly heard the shot. If Spencer was close to the hydroponics lab, Franklin very well could have been involved.

Everyone on that ship indeed has a reason to hate Rush. He is the one who stranded them, and it keeps getting worse for him because of his ongoing feud with Young. It's easy enough to think that someone would frame Rush, for framing Young, and watch the two destroy each other over it. The problem with that is that Rush confessed, but I still think he may have done so because he knew Young just wouldn't believe the truth. He acted like he had nothing to hide before being confronted. Of course, he is often described as "inscrutable" in the script, so who knows?

Comment

Working...
                                X