"we'll never be done"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    Still, he can refuse to work under those conditions. "Yes, I want to survive but without liberty life ain't worth living. Call me when you need me and agree to my terms. ".

I think the writers did a good job at making Rush indispensable. That way they need to find a way to work with him as long as he's not a danger to the entire crew. As Scott about said in "Air 3" they can have confidence in him when the Destiny crew interest are the same as his. For example, stopping the Destiny from exploding, repairing basic aspect of the Destiny, finding food and resources, fighting off some aggressive aliens...
    Superficially, I agree in that in the early eps. the characters kept going on about how they needed Rush to get back to Earth. However, as the series has gone on, it's slowly become more apparent that he can't do much more than the rest of them, or that they couldn't do without drafting in someone via the stones. I'm hoping that this was intentional, and what led Young finally realise that leaving him on that planet wasn't dooming them to death.

Comment

There's been nothing to suggest that he is a danger to the entire crew. <mod snip...try making your point without taking swipes at other fans>
      Last edited by Skydiver; 01 January 2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        There's been nothing to suggest that he is a danger to the entire crew. <mod snip...try making your point without taking swipes at other fans>
        He's a disruptive force in a situation that calls for discipline. In desperate situations you need everyone working together towards the same aim & singing from the same hymn sheet, otherwise crew morale is threatened. Breakdown in morale, leads to sloppy behaviour which can in turn lead to dangerous situations.

Comment

Originally posted by VJC View Post
          He's a disruptive force in a situation that calls for discipline. In desperate situations you need everyone working together towards the same aim & singing from the same hymn sheet, otherwise crew morale is threatened. Breakdown in morale, leads to sloppy behaviour which can in turn lead to dangerous situations.
          As Carlyle noted in an interview at ComicCon, why is Young in charge? Why isn't Rush in charge? Rush didn't work for Young at Icarus. Young was never in charge of the science team. Where Rush says that all he asked was that Young check with him before issueing an order to do something and Young gets all snotty, what is wrong with that? Young put the whole ship in danger by getting people to poke around the ship pressing buttons. You'd think he'd have the commonsense to check first with the guy who does actually know something about it. Young shows himself to be far more disruptive and far more dangerous.

Comment

In Rush's POV, i can see that.

From another POV, Rush's secrecy, two-facedness and outright lying is just as bad if not worse.

from that statement, Rush wants to be in charge. he wants to control everything everyone does. But when you try too exercise that level of control with the level of secrecy that rush exudes, you get a very intolerable situation where a person is telling and sometimes yelling at you to do something but never tells you why. never gives you the courtesy and respect of letting you in on his plans.

If this crew is to survive, they need to start to work together. and rush's secrecy is running counter to that. he doesn't want to work TOGETHER, he wants everyone to work FOR him.

and he doesnt' plan to stop. that, i think, is what he meant with 'we'll never be done'. he will never work WITH the crew. he's 'better' than them, 'above' them and they should work FOR him.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As Carlyle noted in an interview at ComicCon, why is Young in charge? Why isn't Rush in charge? Rush didn't work for Young at Icarus.
              Rush hasn't demonstrated any leadership capability whatsoever, worse he's made the people he would have to lead distrust him. Young has been trained to lead. In order to get home, they're all going to have to pull together. Young has the talents to get them to do that. Rush's talents lie elsewhere.

Comment

Whereas Young has no talent at all. He's crappy leader. He undermines people and then leaves them for dead.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                In Rush's POV, i can see that.

From another POV, Rush's secrecy, two-facedness and outright lying is just as bad if not worse.

from that statement, Rush wants to be in charge. he wants to control everything everyone does. But when you try too exercise that level of control with the level of secrecy that rush exudes, you get a very intolerable situation where a person is telling and sometimes yelling at you to do something but never tells you why. never gives you the courtesy and respect of letting you in on his plans.

If this crew is to survive, they need to start to work together. and rush's secrecy is running counter to that. he doesn't want to work TOGETHER, he wants everyone to work FOR him.

and he doesnt' plan to stop. that, i think, is what he meant with 'we'll never be done'. he will never work WITH the crew. he's 'better' than them, 'above' them and they should work FOR him.
                What secrecy?

You know, you really ought to start reading some interviews with Robert Caryle where he talks about Rush.

Comment

Whereas Young has no talent at all. He's crappy leader. He undermines people and then leaves them for dead.
                  Um no he doesn't. The only person he has even left for death is Rush and then is only after he threaten the life of many people on the Destiny
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Um no he doesn't. The only person he has even left for death is Rush and then is only after he threaten the life of many people on the Destiny
                    Could you please point out where Rush threatened everyone's lives because (again) I seem to have missed that episode.

Comment

Air
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Air
                        And he said? He did?

Comment

I think that would obvious with all the lives he risked on Icarus.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think that would obvious with all the lives he risked on Icarus.
                            Saved.

Comment

Thats not the point. He has gambled people's lives before for his own desires and as other episodes have shown (like Justice) he is fine with doing it again.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Thats not the point. He has gambled people's lives before for his own desires and as other episodes have shown (like Justice) he is fine with doing it again.
                                Actually, it is the point. Broken record but every time people say things like this, I will point out that there's no actual evidence. Own desire? His actual words were 'Look, it took us two years to find this site. The properties are unique. This may be our last chance' and more importantly, 'We can't risk dialing Earth.' The whys of it are speculation. Because, as Carlyle has said in an interview, we don't actually know if Rush has any motivations at all. It's all just speculation. Stop the absolutes because you don't know anymore than I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X