Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else feel kinda bad for Spencer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, I felt bad for Spencer, even if I think that they're all safer with him out of the picture.

No one on the Destiny was supposed to be there (except Rush, I imagine) so they're not trained for it, not prepared for it, and who knows what sort of problems Spencer had before the whole mess even started. Rush lost it from lack of coffee alone; who knows the effects it would have on someone with a substance problem or something else.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Oh no, I'm not saying TJ should have been expected to give him a full diagnosis or something. But I think that even an idiot could tell that he definitely wasn't okay. And I definitely didn't see any signs of PTSD. Either way, maybe they could have stopped at the next planet and gotten Spencer a puppy (or similar alien creature). You know, like the ones in Time. <3

Comment

How do we know TJ didn't pick up on the problem?
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          She said so in the trial
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            She said so in the trial
            and what can you do exactly on a run away ship??
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

She said so in the trial
              Yeah, back to my initial question - how do we know she didn't pick up on the problem anyway. After all, it wouldn't look good for Young is she reported he was a problem and he still had access to a weapon.

Mind you, given that we saw what everyone else saw Spencer do on the ship - how did no one pick up on the problem?
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Yeah, back to my initial question - how do we know she didn't pick up on the problem anyway. After all, it wouldn't look good for Young is she reported he was a problem and he still had access to a weapon.

Mind you, given that we saw what everyone else saw Spencer do on the ship - how did no one pick up on the problem?
                I guess we really don't. TJ could have recognized the problem and ignored but I don't think she did that. She seems like a firm believer in the Hippocratic Oath. To propose what you are suggesting would be a major violation.

Most of the Destiny thought it was stress or maybe he acted simlair on Icarus
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess we really don't. TJ could have recognized the problem and ignored but I don't think she did that. She seems like a firm believer in the Hippocratic Oath. To propose what you are suggesting would be a major violation.
                  I didn't say that TJ ignored the problem, I said that Young ignored the problem (potentially). Also, I don't believe medics that the hippocratic oath, so no violation could have occured.

I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying though that TJ is not at fault for not doing anything here - because technically there was not much she could do.

Comment

I didn't say that TJ ignored the problem, I said that Young ignored the problem (potentially). Also, I don't believe medics that the hippocratic oath, so no violation could have occured.
                    I don't believe that for a second. Thier is only so much that can be done to keep a person in line

I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying though that TJ is not at fault for not doing anything here - because technically there was not much she could do.
                    With drug addiction thier is not much anyone can do unless the addicted wants help
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't believe that for a second. Thier is only so much that can be done to keep a person in line
                      A guy with a drug addiction and temper problem should not be allowed access to guns!

With drug addiction thier is not much anyone can do unless the addicted wants help
                      True, but like I said above you can minimise their threat to others.

Comment

A guy with a drug addiction and temper problem should not be allowed access to guns!
                        The drug addiction as far as canon evidence goes was unknown. As for a temper I think it matters more whats the cause of said temper. Greer has quite a temper but thier is no one I rather have protecting me.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The drug addiction as far as canon evidence goes was unknown. As for a temper I think it matters more whats the cause of said temper. Greer has quite a temper but thier is no one I rather have protecting me.
                          Umm, no, wouldn't want Greer protecting me. It's too easy to set him off. Spencer was worse, much much worse. Not so much in temper, but in erratic behaviour. His actions in Light is testiment to that... Seriously, if they didn't realise he had a problem they are stupid. If they recognised he has a problem and still let him near weapons they are dangerous.

Comment

sorta like Riley has vanished into the woodwork and nobody thnks or says anything about those two that went through the gate on the desert planet
                            I do. |:

Comment

temper is something quite a few people on the show have shown (Rush. Young. Greer). I agree that Spencer seems to have exceeded that but, if he hadn't have killed himself, would we be thinking that? Or maybe waiting for him to give his head a shake and get down to the business of surviving. I suppose I mean to say that his behavior stands out because it led to him taking his life. Would it be looked at differently if he hadn't?

with the addiction, that can be something hard to spot, even with people trained to do so, and, like temper etc, it stands out after he's dead, but not so much beforehand
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                temper is something quite a few people on the show have shown (Rush. Young. Greer). I agree that Spencer seems to have exceeded that but, if he hadn't have killed himself, would we be thinking that? Or maybe waiting for him to give his head a shake and get down to the business of surviving. I suppose I mean to say that his behavior stands out because it led to him taking his life. Would it be looked at differently if he hadn't?[
                                Hindsight is 20/20. Its obvious now to say Spencer was worse off then the other because of the suicide but was he temper more extreme then others. A lot of people were angry on the Destiny being stranded
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X