Kinda like BSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
    They'd do themselves a world of service if they just dropped the shaky-cam, zoom-in-and-out-a-bunch cinematography...THAT was pretty much a hallmark of BSG's visual style, and contributes a lot to why SGU can seem so viscerally "like" BSG.

Plus, its just annoying and gimmicky at this point and kinda sucks...
    I very much enjoy the filming style, thanks...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Firefly would also like a word.
      Lets cut the chit chat.

The 1920s would like a word.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Blake's 7 would like a word.

Comment

And i do believe God wants royalties paid out for using the word 'Air'

(thats funny on two levels, 1 because of what i said and 2 because there is no god )

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

(thats funny on two levels, 1 because of what i said and 2 because there is no god )
            Yes there is a God, because BSG said as much in the finale!

But not in so many words. But it did bring back Kara Thrace as some kind of angel-thingy to lead them to a new planet where they can stop the cycle of violence.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It really doesn't feel much like BSG to me. BSG's first season had space battle after space battle and bad guys and other kewl stuff like super hot blonde girls prancing around in red dress and always wanting to get nekit. SGU has replaced space battles with harsh agruements and hurt feelings (sniff-sniff tear) .

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                It really doesn't feel much like BSG to me. BSG's first season had space battle after space battle and bad guys and other kewl stuff like super hot blonde girls prancing around in red dress and always wanting to get nekit. SGU has replaced space battles with harsh agruements and hurt feelings (sniff-sniff tear) .
                And yet, the lack of space battles makes people want to come back and hope for them. Maybe the SGU team have hit a goldmine of getting viewers to wait and hope?
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I heard BSG invented acting as well as technobabble..

Stargate just isn't original anymore.

Comment

Eh, it's more like PotC.
                    Originally posted by escyos View Post

If there's no God it's not funny at all.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Ok, the overdramatic "BSG had space travel, so it's just like Have Space Suit Will Travel and other such outlandish statements are mildly annoying. Saying that SGU has similarities to BSG doesn't mean I, or anyone else, thinks that the show is a rip-off. I'm merely trying to explain how it might appear so to some folks.

Also:

Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Firefly would also like a word.
                      Can Mal be their spokesman? If so, I'd like a word with them as well.

Comment

SGU has similarities to BSG

just like apples have similarities to oranges.

Get over it.

The more we talk about it the more fruity we're all becoming...
                        sigpic
                        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                          SGU has similarities to BSG

just like apples have similarities to oranges.
                          Lets settle for Oranges to Tangerines.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

SGU is the PG version of BSG
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              SGU is the PG version of BSG
                              An actual sex scene or two, with moaning and everything, some bloody fun with Gorman getting sliced or Chloe get Shrieker'd... The only difference is the coarse language, really...

Comment

I don't see the immediate relationship to BSG...
                                BSG was...better at everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X