No announcement yet.

The Chair (pt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seemed to me Rush was able to 'turn off' the chair....or was it the download just finished?

If its like Merlin's lab, you couldn't walk away from that thingy until it was done, right?

it pretty much just looks like a torture device, though ... I mean, SCREWS --- restraints...!

what if they were in the ancient medlab, and that chair was a surgical sort of chair, rather than a control room?
    ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
      Ouch, that thing looked painful. Having nodes being jabbed into your temples isn't the most enjoyable experiences ever. I would've thought that something more would've come of it before the episode was over though. (Have the guy {Franklin?} speak a word or two of Ancient? Just something suspenseful to end the episode)

It was stupid.
      I let it go with SG-1 but...
      I'm sick of stupid stuff like this in supposedly "realistic" episdoes.
      In order for something to penetrate the bone around the temples it would have to be really really sharp or using a great amount of force.

It's so retarded.
      There are more effective ways for technology of this level to be delivered. This is a surgical proceedure...

Franklin should be dead...

Comment

He aint far from that status anyway...
        I think the electrodes only punctured his skin like some sort of injection, but i do agree that its a messy and sloppy way for the producers to ad more drama to that scene.

Comment

...and really obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits
            The screws that were at Dr. Franklin's temple seemed to be at the surface of the skin.
            It looked like his uncontrollable seizures made the screws scrape the skin and make it bleed.

Most likely, a device that you attach to your temple would be an additional piece of equipment that the screw needs to connect to.
            Very good points. Both seems equally likely to me.

Comment

it could be used to help communicate with aliens (seeing as how none of them are suppose to speak English)

Comment

I didn't understand the reasoning for the scene. Sure it left a mark on me mentally, but their in a ship that has traveled millions of years on auto pilot. It is fit with shields capable of going into a ****ing sun and plasma/energy based weapons complete with a very smart AI. How the **** could a procedure made by these individuals do that sort of thing? Its ludacris!

Comment

Originally posted by LavisBlade View Post
                  I didn't understand the reasoning for the scene. Sure it left a mark on me mentally, but their in a ship that has traveled millions of years on auto pilot. It is fit with shields capable of going into a ****ing sun and plasma/energy based weapons complete with a very smart AI. How the **** could a procedure made by these individuals do that sort of thing? Its ludacris!
                  It does that because, for all the similarities, humans are not the same as ancients and the chair was probably designed only to be used by ancients - as was pointed out when the scientists were discussing how hard it was to try to hack into its interface to make it safer.

Comment

I fail to see what the probe head things are used for. They weren't sharp enough to penetrate the skull and they were too crude to be a reasonable head restraint. So that leaves the question as to what exactly was their purpose?

Unfortunately, I think the real answer is that they probably were supposed to be some sort of skull analysing instruments but they just looked like Fred Flinstone designed them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                      Very good points. Both seems equally likely to me.
                      Re watching the scene and paying close attention does wonders.
                      That's why I like these forums. Somebody advances a theory and it makes me re-watch the scene more carefully.
                      Very hard to do get everything when you watch the episode the first time. Too many thing going on at the same time, or it could be so brief that if you blink, you miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by LavisBlade View Post
                        The notion is that there is something missing.
                        We can all agree that the chair, as was used by Dr. Franklyn, was wrong.

I'm sure that it will make sense in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          Unfortunately, I think the real answer is that they probably were supposed to be some sort of skull analysing instruments but they just looked like Fred Flinstone designed them.
                          Hey, there's an interesting concept.
                          Fred Flinstone was an ancient. :-)

Comment

Na... i think that was Dino!

Comment

maybe the chair has something to do w/those suits. maybe.
                              ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
                                maybe the chair has something to do w/those suits. maybe.
                                Nice speculation probie. On reflection wearing an Ancient Suit while sittiing in the chair might be good precaution (Rush's crash test dummy might be broken) so worth a shot SO instead of metal rods boring into you temple they might interface EEG style with contacts in the helmets as well as doing the bright light through the HUD.
                                sigpic
                                Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Working...
                                X