how's Eli going to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
    I agree 100% with everything you have said. I think Eli will always suspect that Young lied about what happened on the desert planet and that he will probably be forever tarnished in his eyes. In subsequent seasons if a third party plot line is developed that presents a better command structure alternative then Eli will be much more inclined to support it over Young.

Actually all Young said is that Rush didn't make it. That was the truth.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      Actually all Young said is that Rush didn't make it. That was the truth.
      Young said "that they stayed too long, on the way back Rush tripped himself up and started a rock slide, I was ahead and just barely made it through". I like Young's character but he definitely lied.

Comment

Young said "that they stayed too long, on the way back Rush tripped himself up and started a rock slide, I was ahead and just barely made it through". I like Young's character but he definitely lied.
        hint: maybe Young was being metaphorical

"Rush tripped himself up and started a rock slide, I was ahead and just barely made it through"

does that have an alternate, yet true, meaning?
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, it was a metaphor for 'I left Rush for dead.'

Comment

From Eli's prespective, there's no reason to save the recording if Rush were dead. No to mention the bloody knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              Yes, it was a metaphor for 'I left Rush for dead.'
              not quite. I was thinking more along the lines of

Originally posted by Col. Young
              Rush tripped himself up and started a rock slide, I was ahead and just barely made it through
              equals

Originally posted by Col. Young
              "Rush framed me for the murder but was recorded by a keno (ie, Rush "tripped himself up") which caused my removal from command (the "rock slide"). except, Young was one step ahead of Rush and his brilliant plan which is why I am alive and onboard Destiny and Rush has been left on a barren wasteland
              a bit deep, but its all there
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                not quite. I was thinking more along the lines of

equals

a bit deep, but its all there
                You may be right that the writers intended an additional metaphorical meaning by Young's reply akin to ‘Rush has made his bed and now he is going to have to sleep in it’.
                Last edited by Blackhole; 31 December 2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

You may be right that the writers intended an additional metaphorical meaning by Young's reply akin to ‘Rush has made his bed now and he is going to have to sleep in it’.
                  To add to that, Young knows that Rush doesn't want to go home, stranding him on the planet fulfills this wish. I think Young believes in Eli enough to think that Eli can get them back to Earth without ulterior motives.

Eli is a young man, his life experiences appear to be limited. He now will be pushed from being "math boy" to the man that gets them to Earth-Young doing the pushing.

It really doesn't matter if he trusts Young or not at this point, Eli's role has changed, time to grow up. He has been a follower, now he will need to be a leader.
                  SGU fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
                    To add to that, Young knows that Rush doesn't want to go home, stranding him on the planet fulfills this wish. I think Young believes in Eli enough to think that Eli can get them back to Earth without ulterior motives.

Eli is a young man, his life experiences appear to be limited. He now will be pushed from being "math boy" to the man that gets them to Earth-Young doing the pushing.

It really doesn't matter if he trusts Young or not at this point, Eli's role has changed, time to grow up. He has been a follower, now he will need to be a leader.
                    I agree that Eli is going to be forced to grow up, shed his naivety and assume much more of a leadership role. I also suspect that Eli and Young will continue without much change in their relationship. Eli is the most fair minded of the group. He certainly is going to realize that both parties did a major wrong. I also think he is smart enough to understand if the information of what both Rush and Young did became general knowledge that it could lead to crew fractionalization and would likely be disastrous for everyone. I doubt Eli would want Wray or Rush (when he returns) to take command. I think he is pragmatic enough to realize that while Young’s action towards Rush may have been too drastic, it was still only aimed at Rush. Rush deserved to be disciplined but not necessarily to the extend he was. And if Rush returns relatively unscathed which is likely, then ‘no harm no foul’. Eli also knows Young maintains the loyalty of the military contingent and despite his action towards Rush, I think he would still support Young as the best man for the job, as do I.

Comment

Eli is a blabbermouth. I think he's the wrong person to be carrying secrets.

Comment

maybe Eli would lead his own fraction ,and thing about Young returning whit that ship and attacking Destiny
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          maybe Eli would lead his own fraction ,and thing about Young returning whit that ship and attacking Destiny
                          Um, what?

Comment

I agree that Eli is going to be forced to grow up, shed his naivety and assume much more of a leadership role. I also suspect that Eli and Young will continue without much change in their relationship. Eli is the most fair minded of the group. He certainly is going to realize that both parties did a major wrong. I also think he is smart enough to understand if the information of what both Rush and Young did became general knowledge that it could lead to crew fractionalization and would likely be disastrous for everyone. I doubt Eli would want Wray or Rush (when he returns) to take command. I think he is pragmatic enough to realize that while Young’s action towards Rush may have been too drastic, it was still only aimed at Rush. Rush deserved to be disciplined but not necessarily to the extend he was. And if Rush returns relatively unscathed which is likely, then ‘no harm no foul’. Eli also knows Young maintains the loyalty of the military contingent and despite his action towards Rush, I think he would still support Young as the best man for the job, as do I.
                            Agree 100%. Eli doesn't have a "polarizing" personality, he is flexible, willing to learn and wants to help. Wray, Rush and Young-to some extent do polarize people.

I don't think he wants to to take a "side", he remains positive and in wonderment of what is happening to him. He knows that both Rush and Young have "issues" yet doesn't let their problems affect him personally. Yes, they will both use him, but he already knows this. He suspects what Young did to Rush, but he can't change it or fight it (or the military)-so move on. He also understands to keep it to himself, it's in his best interest at this time.

He will support Young, most flexible people don't always agree with the boss, but work towards the greater good anyway. He knows the boss needs him, but he will not be malicious about it. He knows they all need Young and the military to survive, particularly if there is fighting involved.

I see Eli as being able to unite people as he grows-the voice of reason if you will. The military and the scientists all generally like him and he is highly intelligent. He will always have a say in what happens.
                            SGU fangirl

Comment

Agree 100%. Eli doesn't have a "polarizing" personality, he is flexible, willing to learn and wants to help. Wray, Rush and Young-to some extent do polarize people.

I don't think he wants to to take a "side", he remains positive and in wonderment of what is happening to him. He knows that both Rush and Young have "issues" yet doesn't let their problems affect him personally. Yes, they will both use him, but he already knows this. He suspects what Young did to Rush, but he can't change it or fight it (or the military)-so move on. He also understands to keep it to himself, it's in his best interest at this time.

He will support Young, most flexible people don't always agree with the boss, but work towards the greater good anyway. He knows the boss needs him, but he will not be malicious about it. He knows they all need Young and the military to survive, particularly if there is fighting involved.

I see Eli as being able to unite people as he grows-the voice of reason if you will. The military and the scientists all generally like him and he is highly intelligent. He will always have a say in what happens.
                              Well put and I agree with everything you said.

Comment

I think Eli wants to be liked by everyone. That's highly unlikely, particularly given he is spying on them with the kinos and that he's already put a number of the scientists offside.

Comment

Working...
                                X