how's Eli going to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I suspect Eli won't delete the video, and will find himself in something of a position of power over Young.
    I hope he doesn't. That way if and when Rush gets back he can use it to discredit young.

I think Eli may have realized suddenly there at the end that Rush was right-he's not in the military and he is a scientist.

The whole thing with the other scientist (who was an idiot) who got in the chair- was that he played Eli. He sent Math Boy off as Errand Boy just the way Young does.

I think they are all going to be missing Rush before this is over.
    Yup[. I predict someone in the next ep or two (before rush shows back up) makes a comment of how hard things are to do without rush's knowledge there to make things easier.

Comment

Rush hasn't exactly contributed much more than anyone else in terms of his rocket scientist knowledge. A dozen people can use the controls to open doors and fly kinos, which is pretty much all you can do because the systems are locked.

Comment

Rush stopped Telford from potentially blowing up the ship. As well as a bunch of other little things which ended up helping them find out more about the ship and how things work. They might find out eventually on their own, but it would take a lot longer, and they may not have that kind of time before the next crisis hits. As scummy as Rush can be, he's still kind of valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I suspect Eli won't delete the video, and will find himself in something of a position of power over Young.
          I think this is the more interesting Eli dilemma. Will he delete the video? Will knowing that Young wanted this kept a secret lead him to suspect Young intentionally left Rush behind? Will this shared knowledge between Eli and Young form a bond or cause a rift?

Perfecto!

Comment

It will force Eli to grow up or it will eat him up inside.

Eli probably lost faith on Dr Rush when he lied about that fake Icarus type planet.But now he will also lost faith on Col Young.

Eli doesn't konw Dr Rush is still alive, but deep down inside he knew col Young has done something to Dr Rush .
            Two wrong doesn't make it right.
            Whatever Dr Rush did to Col Young, Dr Rush still doesn't deserve death.
            If Eli goes keep quite about what he know about the deleted video footage,footage that could implicate Col Young ,and give him a motive in Dr Rush death.Then Eli is guilty of accessories to murder.
            Until Dr Rush is retun safety back , the guilt will slowly eat him up inside,and the damages may be permanent even after Dr Rush's return.

Someone once said
            Triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              he's math boy
              Yes he is and also a pansy. Rush tells him to delete that kino. Like hell no. Think its time to grab some popcorn.

BTW: Love yur sig. Too bad that show ended.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                I feel bad for Eli. He lost a mentor and friend. Now he's basically alone to solve the problems himself without the expertise of Rush. I wonder how he's going to cope with more responsibility as time passes. Will the other scientists be as competent / knowledgeable as Rush?
                Eli and Rush were not close.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  second that!

and to dismiss Rush from Destiny is very short sighted, they have built his character, he will remain in the show, he will return to destiny soon enough.

and I think Eli knows Young left Rush to die, Eli is not so dumb, and he can put 2 and 2 together

Why do they not wait and hold a hand through the gate like Eli did for Rush?

OT: The Doc looked smokin this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                    Why do they not wait and hold a hand through the gate like Eli did for Rush?
                    It was an incoming wormhole, Young would have had to have stuck his hand in and he obviously wasn't going to do that.

Comment

i wouldn't say eli and rush were very close. but wallace definately had a deep respect for rush.

anyway, i think Justice was a great episode. and eli once again finds himself as the Colourless. he obeys the millitary, he obeys the civillians, he obeys the scientists. he listens to and obeys young without a second thought, and did not have one thing holding him back from dialling destiny and stranding everyone there in Air.

scott came around and wanted eli to go through the footage again, and he did.

i love it. but maybe an episode should come up where eli has to choose colors.

and lastly, what video does Eli have to copy and delete? i cant really understand that part

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        i wouldn't say eli and rush were very close. but wallace definately had a deep respect for rush.

(*snip*)

and lastly, what video does Eli have to copy and delete? i cant really understand that part
                        I agree they weren't close. But I disagree that Eli had a "deep respect" for Rush.

The video Eli has to copy and delete is the bit from the kino showing Rush discovering Spencer's body and then removing the gun Spencer used to kill himself. Apparently Young wants to have the only evidence showing what Rush did, even though (for the moment) Rush is no longer aboard the Destiny. (I really think Rush will somehow make it back to the Destiny - have no idea how, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          Speaking as a nerd, you're both right and wrong. They are obviously not spending days hanging out and shooting hte breeze or fishing or experiencing life stories. But there's a mentor/student relationship going on there; most nerds can see it. Rush knows how valuable Eli is, preferring him over the other scientists. And because of that, Eli is clearly learning from Rush to better understand the ship systems.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Eli responds to all this. I don't think he'll delete the information; most nerds keep as much information as they can, as long as they can, unless they are really hurting for space. And then they start deleting less-useful information first.

Remember, Eli has just witnessed both Rush and Young acting in bad ways. Young has been casting doubt on Rush since day 1, forcing Rush to play the game and plant an Icarus planet. Young prevents people from doing what needs to be done, so Rush frames him, and then Young leaves Rush to die.

As a somewhat-naive nerd, Eli is thinking "this is all wrong." It's the whole "everyone is lying to each other" thing all over again. He's lost trust in everyone, which is really bad for the guy who is going to end up saving everyone. And I don't really think he has anyone else to really talk to about all this. Maybe Chloe, if she gets out of her "me me" hole. But most nerds know that women only talk to you to complain about stuff in their life; they usually don't care about reversing the roles.

I think Eli would be more concerned with getting everything back to normal, ie, Young in charge and Rush back working on the ship. But now he'll be less trusting of both of them, so in a way, they've both lost.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I agree they weren't close. But I disagree that Eli had a "deep respect" for Rush.

The video Eli has to copy and delete is the bit from the kino showing Rush discovering Spencer's body and then removing the gun Spencer used to kill himself. Apparently Young wants to have the only evidence showing what Rush did, even though (for the moment) Rush is no longer aboard the Destiny. (I really think Rush will somehow make it back to the Destiny - have no idea how, though.)
                            On that note...How did Rush not notice the Kino? That's careless. Infact everything Rush did in this episode seems very shabby and un-Rush-like. Missing the Kino, messing up the deletion of the file, aggravating Young so much that he got hit and left on the planet...Either he really does have some plan, or he's slacking a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                              On that note...How did Rush not notice the Kino? That's careless. Infact everything Rush did in this episode seems very shabby and un-Rush-like. Missing the Kino, messing up the deletion of the file, aggravating Young so much that he got hit and left on the planet...Either he really does have some plan, or he's slacking a bit!
                              My thoughts, too.

Comment

He's math boy, remember. Math > Destiny.
                                My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Working...
                                X