Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally watched this episode. I gave in even though I have been mostly disappointed with SGU overall with its over-emphasis on weak characters and under-emphasis on great ideas and environments.

I am very greatful to the tptb for ditching that pompous, unlikeable, virtually useless Dr Smith imitator Rush. His value to the Destiny is suspect at best. He is not half the man Rodney is and none of the humor or humanity.

Rush is why they are on the Destiny
    Rush could care less if anyone dies
    Rush has NO desire to get anyone back to Earth
    Rush lies constantly and fools people into risking their lives

I'm glad he was left behind. Young has some serious problems but he made the best choice for the safety and future of those left on Destiny.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we will see him again and he will be more than willing to show his true ugly, evil, demented side when he does show up. Michael all over again.
    I watch HD on a 7.5 foot screen, how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by solarscreen View Post
      Finally watched this episode. I gave in even though I have been mostly disappointed with SGU overall with its over-emphasis on weak characters and under-emphasis on great ideas and environments.

I am very greatful to the tptb for ditching that pompous, unlikeable, virtually useless Dr Smith imitator Rush. His value to the Destiny is suspect at best. He is not half the man Rodney is and none of the humor or humanity.

I'm glad he was left behind. Young has some serious problems but he made the best choice for the safety and future of those left on Destiny.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we will see him again and he will be more than willing to show his true ugly, evil, demented side when he does show up. Michael all over again.
      Nicely said. I agree completely with your assessment with Rush.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by solarscreen View Post

Of course he will be back. He is the lead

And I agree for the most part. Rush only cares about Rush
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Of course he will be back. He is the lead

And I agree for the most part. Rush only cares about Rush
          Why did they have to make the bad guy the lead.
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            He's not a bad guy. Just because someone isn't a 'hero' doesn't make them bad... it just makes them human.

We are more shades of gray then black and white anyway, and Rush is so that.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I would be reluctant to make that kind of conclusion. Sure he only cares about himself but to go as far as call him the bad guy is a stretch. He doesn't find pleasure in seeing people dying. He is just self-centered.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                He's not a bad guy. Just because someone isn't a 'hero' doesn't make them bad... it just makes them human.

However, Rush is so self-centered that his actions could lead to others getting hurt. He has his own agenda...and doesn't care about what anyone else thinks or the chain of command.
                sigpic

Comment

I see very little grey in the man.
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    However, Rush is so self-centered that his actions could lead to others getting hurt. He has his own agenda...and doesn't care about what anyone else thinks or the chain of command.
                    I wouldn't care about the ridiculous chain of command either, I also don't think he is only self-centred. He cares, just in a socially inept way.

I see very little grey in the man.
                    There is a lot of gray in the man... he is shades of gray, and actually interestingly enough he is exactly like Young, just a lot less violent.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I wouldn't care about the ridiculous chain of command either, I also don't think he is only self-centred. He cares, just in a socially inept way.

There is a lot of gray in the man... he is shades of gray, and actually interestingly enough he is exactly like Young, just a lot less violent.
                      No need to go back and forth...and this could go back and forth for a while. We just need to agree to disagree and move on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, the: "I had a bad childhood" excuse for bad behavior. It's not my fault I am socially inept.
                        Sorry He has to take responsiblity for his actions just the way the rest of the crew .

Sorry I can't agree with the comparison.
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          No need to go back and forth...and this could go back and forth for a while. We just need to agree to disagree and move on.
                          Sure..

Oh, the: "I had a bad childhood" excuse for bad behavior. It's not my fault I am socially inept.
                          When has he ever used "I had a bad childhood" as an excuse? You're projecting, some people are just socially inept - doesn't make them bad people... nor does it make them bad guys.

Sorry I can't agree with the comparison.
                          That's fine. I just find in interesting how they are very similar. I just think that Young is in the happy position of seeming like a hero to many people watching because he looks like he is doing everything for a good reason.

I just don't buy it. He is as selfish as Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            He doesn't find pleasure in seeing people dying. He is just self-centered.
                            Rush doesn't seem to find displeasure in them dying, either. Sometimes evil is little more than the absence of good.
                            Of all the things SGU's done, making the most morally shady character the lead character is a brilliant move. I rooted for Todd and the Asurans on numerous occasions and it's good to have someone who isn't a do-gooder headlining the cast.
                            An entire episode focusing on Rush alone on the planet [ending with the ship opening] would be fun. With nothing and no one else to write about, it should be a lean character study... no doubt ruined by needless gratuitous sex and angst-filled flashbacks.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

When has he ever used "I had a bad childhood" as an excuse? You're projecting, some people are just socially inept - doesn't make them bad people... nor does it make them bad guys.

I was using that as a metaphor for people who have some kind of so called reason to excuse themselves for being the way they are.
                              We dont have to excuse him for his actions because he is socially inept, he needs to work at changing unacceptable behavior .
                              I can't say "Oh well, what he does , well it's not his fault, after all he's socially inept".
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                An entire episode focusing on Rush alone on the planet [ending with the ship opening] would be fun. With nothing and no one else to write about, it should be a lean character study... no doubt ruined by needless gratuitous sex and angst-filled flashbacks.
                                Good one.
                                Sig by The Carpenter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X