Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli was the one that showed Young that Rush was responsable for his frameup in the first place. So unless he is playing both sides for his own benefit which is totally out of character I don't see it as a possibility. I think Eli knows as much as Young does just how dangerous and Sociopathic Rush was/is.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Wow. I actually agree with you for once.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Correction:
        It finally got good.

Comment

Although the event changed my view of the Colonel, I did absolutely love what happened.

Comment

I say neither. Eli isn't Rush's partner in any sense of the word. He's more interested in all the technology on the ship. He's not really Rush's enemy either. It's not like he's been out to get Rush.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              Correction:
              It finally got good.
              Correction: That's subjective.

Fact: Waiting for Space is going to be nuts.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                I say neither. Eli isn't Rush's partner in any sense of the word. He's more interested in all the technology on the ship. He's not really Rush's enemy either. It's not like he's been out to get Rush.
                Enemy no but he is no friend of Rush either not that Rush has any friends being the total Sociopath that he is...
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  Image this if you will...
                  A Good Episode.....
                  Without Sex...

We can do it...
                  We can make it smarter...
                  Faster...
                  Suspenseful...
                  We have the creativity....
                  So is this strange, E.E. Cummings-esque narrative your way of saying you liked "Justice"?
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Sigh. There are moments when I feel like the show might have something, and then without fail, something makes me wince every episode. Oh well...

So, more conduct unbecoming from the military. Young acting as judge, jury and executioner and for the second time in as many episodes beating someone up, this time a wuss scientist. What appears to be (thus far) becoming a murderer. Taking it upon himself to decide what should be done with the crew's possibly most valuable member.

Greer (angry black man apparently) and Scott ready/willing to (I guess) declare martial law, process be damned, establish power by force. Also , why does Greer speak like Christian Bale, and for that matter, why does Christian Bale need to speak like Christian Bale. Gritty.

Yay! Chloe has a purpose. Space lawyer That was the payday for all this 'character drama'? The 'trial' thing seemed forced. When they had the trial on BSG, I got it, I understood why, I understood why everyone acted the way they did. I don't get that here.

Finally, the tech. The chair and an alien ship got a small cameo in this episode. We don't know what the chair did, and we didn't see inside the alien ship. That has got to be some kind of sci-fi-entertainment equivalent of a ****block

Comment

Seriously...and the last bit wondering about how much Eli actually knew... WOW.

I want to see the next one NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                        Sigh. There are moments when I feel like the show might have something, and then without fail, something makes me wince every episode. Oh well...

So, more conduct unbecoming from the military. Young acting as judge, jury and executioner and for the second time in as many episodes beating someone up, this time a wuss scientist. What appears to be (thus far) becoming a murderer. Taking it upon himself to decide what should be done with the crew's possibly most valuable member.

Greer (angry black man apparently) and Scott ready/willing to (I guess) declare martial law, process be damned, establish power by force. Also , why does Greer speak like Christian Bale, and for that matter, why does Christian Bale need to speak like Christian Bale. Gritty.

Yay! Chloe has a purpose. Space lawyer That was the payday for all this 'character drama'? The 'trial' thing seemed forced. When they had the trial on BSG, I got it, I understood why, I understood why everyone acted the way they did. I don't get that here.

Finally, the tech. The chair and an alien ship got a small cameo in this episode. We don't know what the chair did, and we didn't see inside the alien ship. That has got to be some kind of sci-fi-entertainment equivalent of a ****block
                        Um... they're stranded out in the universe. Young has every right to be judge, jury, and executioner. Have you ever heard of "martial law"? God forbid the military is depicted as anything but angels who do no wrong...
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

As for leaders tabbing each other in the back at the worst time ... that just happened at my job during a regional visit from the people who report directly to the board of directors for the place I work. Some managers were stabbing each other in the back to save themselves. Trust me, very realistic if people want something and are selfish.
                          It may be realistic, but I that doesn't mean that I want to watch it. These folks are on a race to the bottom while people are depending on them for their lives. They're not just flawed, they're appalling. You'd find more ethical behavior and better governance in a grade six student council. At this point the only main characters with any kind of moral compass and leadership potential are TJ, Eli and Chloe. That's just ridiculous. I seriously don't buy that more than 50% of any given group are this immoral.

As for changes in ancient tech, that's to be expected when the Destiny is VERY old technology. Over millions of years, technology evolves. Rush even said something to that effect in the episode.
                          I'm sure that the fellow (Franklin?) who was in the Ancient electric chair will wake up with another fragment of information that they can't use and we won't see developed. Sure, they can say it's because it's old, but I think they threw away previous ancient tech just to allow for some extra gore to make Wray's approach to leadership, and Rush's manipulation, look even more stupid and self-serving than it was. Probes in the brain? Really? Wrist restraints? Bah! That had nothing to do with the Ancients, and everything to do with 'what can we do to make this look really awful?' To be fair, all three in leadership positions behaved criminally, in a completly literal sense.

The split second after I read it I thought you were an idiot for suggesting that. But after thinking about it for a little while, you're absolutely right. She's the only one who doesn't have a grudge against anyone (except Rush still maybe). She's unbiased because she is a civilian but her boyfriend (Scott, although I'm not sure if boyfriend is the right word) is part of the military. She also has some knowledge of politics because of her dad and school (I think?).

Only problem is she has little to no experience.
                          Thanks. I don't know where they're going with this, but they seem to be heading to a place where none of the 'leaders' will be able to lead. Maybe they will lock them in a room together and just leave them there. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                            I think Rush will manage to get into the ship. Somehow he contacts/alerts the alien owners and they come to get him. Once there they take him hostage, learn about the Destiny, then go to get it - taking Rush with them of course.
                            I agree with that completely.
                            And I'd love to see the Aliens and the Destiny start to shoot each other

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                              Agreed. It crosses the line when you start framing people for murder.
                              Bearing in mind that I haven't seen it, why would Rush not be put on trial himself? Seems a bit extreme for the crew to strand him on an alien planet. Or was that Young by himself without any knowledge or assistance from the crew? Did anyone else know?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post

Oh yes, Greer is an angry black man. Forget that it was Young beating the snot out of civilians and that Greer didn't touch anybody, and hasn't since Water.

Dude, it's been ten episodes. The build up for character drama for Chloe was not to have her be a 'space lawyer' for half an episode - character arcs usually take longer...

So even though the chair got used in this episode, the whole Kino deletion debacle, the alien ship, the Stargate use and all that... that was a small cameo?
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X