This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
    Id really like to see Jacks take on things, i mean, at the moment hes the only character i trust.
    I think Jack has all the facts at his disposal from both Rush and Young... and atm he thinks there is nothing to worry about. I couldn't imagine Jack at any time putting a bullet in Rush's head though, that doesn't mesh up with Jack IMO. Not at all.

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
    Possible? Anything is possible. Likely? Not a chance.
    I disagree.

Not applicable if it won't happen.
    Is applicable when we are firmly in speculation territory.

Forget any military personnel from taking such actions. And any attempt from any civilian, will make the military personnel close ranks behind the Colonel. Which explains the title for episode 12 is "Divided"
    I'm attempting to remain unspoiled, so I am not going to speculate on what the titles of the episodes mean.

I disagree. Col. Young has the loyalty from all military personnel from moment one of this series. He was in command of the Icarus Base for a while, it seems. Which would indicate that Col. Young has the full support from each and every military troop. Evidenced from the scene when Sgt. Greer asked "Who's with me?", and everybody stood up.
    It doesn't mean he will keep the support of these people. Will they support him when the truth about him beating and leaving Rush to die comes to light?

Will they support him if he makes another unilateral decision? As I said before, this is speculation but I don't think he has unlimited support on board - and I think if some of his more questionable acts come to light, or he continues to act on his vendetta's that that support may quickly be airlocked.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

May I point out an interesting angle.

My opinion is that Col. O'Neill would have definitively shot Dr. Rush.
      General O'Neill, I'm not so sure.
      good point
      Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
        It doesn't mean he will keep the support of these people. Will they support him when the truth about him beating and leaving Rush to die comes to light?

Will they support him if he makes another unilateral decision? As I said before, this is speculation but I don't think he has unlimited support on board - and I think if some of his more questionable acts come to light, or he continues to act on his vendetta's that that support may quickly be airlocked.
        Just what do you think "in command" means?
        Military commanders make unilateral decisions. That's their job. The only people they have to explain or justify their decisions to are immediate superior officers.

They're given a mission or task, any decision they make to accomplish such is up to them.

They don't have to explain any decisions to their subordinates.

Comment

Military commanders make unilateral decisions. That's their job. The only people they have to explain or justify their decisions to are immediate superior officers.
          I should have been clearer and I apologise for that because I meant to add (and it got lost somewhere) unilateral decisions as relating to the punishment of someone, and a civilian at that.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I should have been clearer and I apologise for that because I meant to add (and it got lost somewhere) unilateral decisions as relating to the punishment of someone, and a civilian at that.
            It doesn't matter. Col. Young determined that Dr. Rush is a menace to the crew and his declaration that "We'll never be done." meant that Dr. Rush needed to be subtracted.

On a different note, what do you think of Eli and his actions?

Comment

It doesn't matter. Col. Young determined that Dr. Rush is a menace to the crew and his declaration that "We'll never be done." meant that Dr. Rush needed to be subtracted.
              It does very much so matter... but I think we'll find out more as the series goes on.

On a different note, what do you think of Eli and his actions?
              Which actions specifically? Or are we talking in broad terms?

Comment

They're given a mission or task, any decision they make to accomplish such is up to them.

They don't have to explain any decisions to their subordinates.
                That would imply that he got a specific mission brief from Jack.

What exactly is this "mission"?

Rush was refering that Young was abandoning "the mission".
                Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Interesting point, I forgot about that!

Yes, what is the underlying mission. Rush and Young may know about it, but the others are unlikely too - and if Rush really is going off mission it very much explains why he is such a personal threat to Young.

Comment

I think its just another clash of ideologies. Rush believes more in using the Destiny to explore. His mission if you will. While Young cares more about getting him.

So its not a mission in the conventional sense more a mission in Rush's head.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This was a Terrific way to conclude the first half of the season, it had a brilliant and diverse storyline, and had me on my seat the whole way through. I must say, the Stargate writers have come a long long way, I loved SG-1 and Atlantis, but Universe is so compelling with the necessity factor that drives the show along. Two thumbs up for a magnificent show and series.
                      Thanks to the CT team sigpic

Comment

It does very much so matter... but I think we'll find out more as the series goes on.
                        Now, here's something we can agree on. We'll definitively find out in future episodes. Too bad we have to wait so long. :-(

Which actions specifically? Or are we talking in broad terms?
                        Eli's actions in "Justice".

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I think its just another clash of ideologies. Rush believes more in using the Destiny to explore. His mission if you will. While Young cares more about getting him.

So its not a mission in the conventional sense more a mission in Rush's head.
                          So if Young doesnt have a specific assigned mission, he doesnt really have a purpose there.
                          Except that he has the guns. And nothing really makes him a "commander" but that fact.

The Destiny is not his jurisdiction.
                          Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I also said "task".

I would think that he was given the task of commanding the Icarus Base and it's goal of dialing the 9th Chevron Address.

I'm sure Dr. Rush was referring to the "mission" of Stargate Command. Acquiring technology and exploring Stargates comes to mind.

Comment

So if Young doesnt have a specific assigned mission, he doesnt really have a purpose there.
                              Except that he has the guns. And nothing really makes him a "commander" but that fact.

The Destiny is not his jurisdiction.
                              And the fact Jack told him he was in command. Their was no offical breifing to give him a mission but as he was command of the Icarus base so it just seems like that he is still in command just the base changed if you will
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                And the fact Jack told him he was in command. Their was no offical breifing to give him a mission but as he was command of the Icarus base so it just seems like that he is still in command just the base changed if you will
                                Possible, but then again. Icarus was built by SGC so their territory.

However the Destiny as well as for example Atlantis are alien, and thats why in SGA it was under IOA oversight.

Id think it would be the same for the Destiny.

But apparently SGC could decide to just overrule the IOA.
                                Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X