This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Not really. TJ is the only one with medical training. Their are other who know Ancient technology and astrophysics besides Rush.
    It's been shown multiple times that while they may have some knowledge of the language and technology that they are not nearly as proficient as Rush. Considering the age difference, and the amount of credentials Rush would have needed to get the position he did, it makes sense that he's had the most experience studying the technology and language. It would be all good and well if the crew weren't stranded, with impending dangers at every turn, to give the Scientists all the leisure to make mistakes and learn so that they are proficient; however that is not the case. They need someone with a high level of knowledge of astrophysics, ancient technology, language and history of the SGC. Even in "Justice" we were shown that the scientists' knowledge of the chair is far less than that of Rush. What happens when they find and important, or dangerous device that none of these younger scientists know about, when if they had Rush's vaster experience and knowledge they could figure it out due to Rush's knowledge of previous discoveries, or his deciphering capabilities. All the scientists aboard are brilliant, they wouldn't have been at Icarus if that wasn't the case, but they currently don't have the luxury to learn without their head-scientist.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    And then there are the stones. A switch with someone helps.
    Which would be the practical choice, yes. But considering they've not yet used the stones practically on this series, there's no reason to think they would actually use these stones in this way. As I've pointed out before, they didn't even use the stones for the psych evaluations.

Comment

The problem was everyone is stressed out. They can't give special treatment to everyone just because Spence (in Young/Rush's view) was the most extreme case
      Most extreme case = deserving of special treatment, especially if guns are involved in his job description.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Most extreme case = deserving of special treatment, especially if guns are involved in his job description.
        People tend to frown on favoritism
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really. TJ is the only one with medical training. Their are other who know Ancient technology and astrophysics besides Rush.
          Yes, but given that Rush seems to have the most practical experience with it, you don't get rid of that guy no matter the problems he is causing.

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
          Which would be the practical choice, yes. But considering they've not yet used the stones practically on this series, there's no reason to think they would actually use these stones in this way. As I've pointed out before, they didn't even use the stones for the psych evaluations.
          I don't think the psych evals was anything more then 'something to do'. It wa a little pointless busywork to allow TJ to do something, and the crew to talk.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I asked this on another thread, no answer,
            Do we know how long a person can use the stones or each time? Is there a time limit or could they stay connected for maybe days. that would help a switch for the scientists to get accquainted with the destiny, using non essential personnel's bodies
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
              Yes, but given that Rush seems to have the most practical experience with it, you don't get rid of that guy no matter the problems he is causing.

I don't think the psych evals was anything more then 'something to do'. It wa a little pointless busywork to allow TJ to do something, and the crew to talk.
              This is where I say agree to disagree because I think their is a limit despite his skill you can tolerate him. Its just a moral I'm not going to change
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Do we know how long a person can use the stones or each time? Is there a time limit or could they stay connected for maybe days. that would help a switch for the scientists to get accquainted with the destiny, using non essential personnel's bodies
                I think it's indefinate, but I'm not sure I like the idea of depending on the stones for fixing things.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

This is where I say agree to disagree because I think their is a limit despite his skill you can tolerate him. Its just a moral I'm not going to change
                  That's cool. I do get that. My problem is that Young wasn't thinking, he was angry.

Comment

Whether that's true or not doesn't matter. It's still an example of when the Stones could have served a purpose, yet the writers/Young/whoever chose not to do so. This happened in the same episode that Young decided to impersonate Volkner, then proceeded to stalk and beat Telford.

I don't know. It has been shown that jumping into and out of FTL interrupts the connection. I assume the connection is permanent unless the connection is actively canceled. Otherwise why would death on one side effect both people?

Comment

That's cool. I do get that. My problem is that Young wasn't thinking, he was angry.
                      Pure speculation. Yes he was angry but without more of a concise explanation of why Young did it. All we saw was Rush explanained his actions and then Young beat. Without more of Young's logic I don't think we firmly deduce the emotional/logical ratio of Young
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree with this. I don't even care that Rush was essentially executed, my problem was that as far as we know Young made the decision alone. He shouldn't even be allowed to judge, first of all, as he is the victim of Rush's crime, he also shouldn't be the only person who gets to decide. As far as we know, Young acted out of personal revenge, we don't know he assesed the situation.

Pure speculation. Yes he was angry but without more of a concise explanation of why Young did it. All we saw was Rush explanained his actions and then Young beat. Without more of Young's logic I don't think we firmly deduce the emotional/logical ratio of Young
                        I think we can. It's not the first time Young has acted out of a personal vendetta.

Comment

Young has been acting out of anger for a couple of episodes now. If he was thinking, he would have taken this to trail, and not to a 1 man court.

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                          I agree with this. I don't even care that Rush was essentially executed, my problem was that as far as we know Young made the decision alone. He shouldn't even be allowed to judge, first of all, as he is the victim of Rush's crime, he also shouldn't be the only person who gets to decide. As far as we know, Young acted out of personal revenge, we don't know he assesed the situation.
                          Exactly. He just jumped in, pissed off, and dealt with the situation as he saw fit. There was no consideration of what the ramifications could be without Rush on the ship, not was there a thought beyond revenge.

They just came off a trial, there was no reason they couldn't have had another one.

Comment

Young has been acting out of anger for a couple of episodes now. If he was thinking, he would have taken this to trail, and not to a 1 man court.
                            What kind of trail would you like?

A zig zag one?
                            A rocky one?
                            One by the lake?
                            The list goes one...

Seriously I can only think of one episode besides Justice where Young could ever be considered acting in anger.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

A zig zag one?
                              A rocky one?
                              One by the lake?
                              The list goes one...
                              A zig zag one by the lake would be nice .

Seriously I can only think of one episode besides Justice where Young could ever be considered acting in anger.
                              And it was the episode directly before that. And since the premiere he has been becoming increasingly unstable every episode.

Comment

A zig zag one?
                                A rocky one?
                                One by the lake?
                                The list goes one...

After only 10 episodes, I'd say 2 is enough to speculate patterns, especially 2 chronological episodes. But he has been making emotional decisions (not always based on the emotion anger) for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                                X