This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    Someone needs to challenge the control of the military on that ship, because they are for the most part unfit to lead them... and unfit to make decisions for them all.
    There will be a fight for control on the ship, and I hope Young looses.
    What do you have against the military? I would like to know.

So far,
    It was Dr. Rush that stranded the crew on Destiny.
    It was the IOA's plan that almost blew up the ship.
    It wa Dr. Rush who lied about the Icarus type of planet a year away.

Whereas, the military has procured the limestone, gotten more water, captured the creatures to extract the venom that cured the disease from the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
      What do you have against the military? I would like to know.
      Nothing against the military, a lot against the Military in charge on Destiny.

Young is incompetant, unstable and overly paranoid. He is not emotionally stable enough to be in charge.

Greer has anger issues.

Scott tends to follow Young's lead a little too much.

TJ is rather neutral. She does what needs to be done, as is James.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        I'm quite sure Young, had he not beaten Rush and left him to die, would have managed to get everyone to blame Rush for Franklin. After all, he screamed in his face that it was Rush's fault. Young's spent a great deal of time undermining Rush and it happened from the beginning.
        Well, you know, when someone strands you on a ship, over a million years old, several billion light years away from your home, you would get a little pissed. Don't you think?

Comment

Hardly.

And yet he specifically says to Young that they had orders not to sit in the chair. Do you not think that's easily checked?
          I haven't seen anything, anywhere that backs that up, that is, he specifically ordered the group not to sit on the chair.

You're taking Dr. Rush at his word that he gave such an order at sometime. Yet, based on his past record, I doubt it very much.

Comment

Which, again, has to do with Franklin. Not Rush.
            Are you reading the messages correctly?

Col. Young ordered a guard detail against anyone sitting in the chair when it was first discovered. 24/7.

Where was that guard after Ms. Wray took command of the ship?

Comment

We've seen the episode, I think we are clear with the going's on in it.

Yes, but where does he say for anyone that ehy should use it? Where does he pull Franklin aside and tell him that he should use it?

Not particularly, no. Personally, I thought having the guard there in the first place was a waste of resources... but, whatever.

BUT, at least she has the guts to stand up and admit when she believes she is wrong.
              Let's see. So unless you see Dr. Rush actually tell someone to do it, he's not guilty. Also, the guard stationed there would have prevented Dr. Franklyn from trying the chair and being comatose. Not such a waste of resource from my point of view.

Also, the last we saw of Dr. Rush, he was alive and staring into the sky, and yet we get Col. Young murdered Dr. Rush.

I love these double standards.
              Last edited by Misfits; 10 December 2009, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Nothing against the military, a lot against the Military in charge on Destiny.

Young is incompetant, unstable and overly paranoid. He is not emotionally stable enough to be in charge.

Greer has anger issues.

Scott tends to follow Young's lead a little too much.

TJ is rather neutral. She does what needs to be done, as is James.
                really? Based on your opinions, you sound like you're applying for a job with the IOA.

You phobia with the military is astounding.

Comment

I haven't seen anything, anywhere that backs that up, that is, he specifically ordered the group not to sit on the chair.

You're taking Dr. Rush at his word that he gave such an order at sometime. Yet, based on his past record, I doubt it very much.
                  And (again) you've missed the bit where it can be easily checked. You don't think Young in his paranoia wouldn't do so?

And perhaps you could point out the scene where Rush specifically got Franklin to sit in the chair. Not the one where he says it's their best chance because that isn't ordering now, is it.

Comment

Let's see. So unless you see Dr. Rush actually tell someone to do it, he's not guilty.
                    Whereas you'd convict someone on no evidence at all, it seems.

Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Comment

Are you reading the messages correctly?
                      Yes.

Col. Young ordered a guard detail against anyone sitting in the chair when it was first discovered. 24/7.

Where was that guard after Ms. Wray took command of the ship?
                      Who knows? Perhaps he was in the loo.

Comment

Let's see. So unless you see Dr. Rush actually tell someone to do it, he's not guilty.
                        He is not responsible for someone else's actions.

Also, the guard stationed there would have prevented Dr. Franklyn from trying the chair and being comatose. Not such a waste of resource from my point of view.
                        And you think that couldn't have happened even with a guard stationed there? That is rather naive.

A;so, the last we saw of Dr. Rush, he was alive and staring into the sky, and yet we get Col. Young murdered Dr. Rush.

What double standards? I never said that Young killed Rush. I said that he left him on the planet to die, which is true.

really? Based on your opinions, you sound like you're applying for a job with the IOA.

You phobia with the military is astounding.
                        Do you enjoy building strawmen?
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

And (again) you've missed the bit where it can be easily checked. You don't think Young in his paranoia wouldn't do so?

And perhaps you could point out the scene where Rush specifically got Franklin to sit in the chair. Not the one where he says it's their best chance because that isn't ordering now, is it.
                          You want positive proof. Unfortunately, there is no positive proof, and you're right, it's all Dr. Franklyn's free will. It's even Col. Young's fault. if he hadn't stopped Dr. Rush at the beginning, then it could have been someone else, like Sgt. Greer and Dr. Franklyn would be well.

You are totally right.

Comment

What double standards? I never said that Young killed Rush. I said that he left him on the planet to die, which is true.
                            Based on your standards, show me where Dr. Rush died.

Comment

Based on your standards, show me where Dr. Rush died.
                              Yeah, I officially have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

You want positive proof. Unfortunately, there is no positive proof, and you're right, it's all Dr. Franklyn's free will. It's even Col. Young's fault. if he hadn't stopped Dr. Rush at the beginning, then it could have been someone else, like Sgt. Greer and Dr. Franklyn would be well.

You are totally right.
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X