Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least for me, some aspects were obvious (too much Magnum PI, Ellery Queen and CSI, perhaps?) Spencer committing suicide was pretty a given. Plus, the press on the show warned once upon a time "Suicide!"

I'm hazarding that Spencer was on anti-depressants for two reasons 1) withdrawal from oxy or other painkillers would have been horribly obvious, and 2) his last words talkingabout a 'giant floating coffin' or words to that effect, and he was pretty calm about offing himself.

I was sorta guessing maybe franklin found the gun, so he could be the first to try the chair. Rush seemed too obvious, but definitely had to be a civilian. But in the end it was Rush, who has basically lost all credibility for his actions, mostly because he did it with a smile. He definitely subscribes to the 'end justifies the means' motto, far too well.

The court was fun to watch. Kangaroo court in action! And yes, for pity's sake, this is the one time using the stones to send in Gil Grissom woudl have made sense. But they wanted to hide their personal little horror, it seems, and will later just write it off as a suicide and neglect to probably mention the rest of the murder scenario muck.

Next episode? Rush returns, somehow. After all, he's got his own spiffy spaceship now. Not at ALL worried he'll be dead or off the show. He's the star!

Overall the episode was okay and perversely amusing cuz I guessed most of the plot ten minutes in....

Comment

hmm that ending kind of makes Young come off a bit like a murderer. Of course Rush will survive somehow but leaving him stranded on that planet is a death sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        how so ??? this was awesome !!!! sgu is a character drama that takes place in the stargate universe and this is about as much drama we've ever seen in stargate so far
        Just didn't feel the drama. And it was way too predictable of an episode. A good episode would've had me guessing and second guessing. This one panned out the way I predicted.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, and Chloe was MEGA useful this episode. People who still see her as useless might want to check again.

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
            do you think rush will find a way back, and if so how will he do it? thoughts.
            If there is any ******* that can find his way back to either the Destiny or to Earth is that SOB. He deserved being left stranded. And honestly had Young returned him either the military or civilian personnel would have killed Rush for what he pulled on top of everything else he had done prior.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Really? I thought it was great, trying to figure out who was the one to frame Young. I had Wray pegged as doing what it ultimately turned out Rush did, but it really showed just what lengths Rush will go to if he believes his curiosity will be satiated.
              Oh, as far as the Law and Order aspect to this goes, it was suspenseful and good. But there was no suspense at the end to draw me back to the show after 4 months on break. Not that I won't watch.. But I would've liked to have something to speculate over.

I thought maybe they'd have the guy who sat in the chair start doing weird things a la Jack in The Fifth Race, or something like that.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Oh yeah, and Chloe was MEGA useful this episode. People who still her as useless might want to check again.
                I think that's one of the few good things that happened.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Just didn't feel the drama. And it was way too predictable of an episode. A good episode would've had me guessing and second guessing. This one panned out the way I predicted.
                  so you knew rush did it ??? you knew that rush would be left on the planet?? you knew that guy was going to get in the chair.

??
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I thought it was a good mid-season finale, but thats me.
                    I thought so too. My only concern is that in the attempt to give us a wtf cliffhanger they have created a situation that requires a certain level of implausibility to resolve. I am very interested in seeing how the ptb figure out a way to get Rush back on board the Destiny, too bad I have to wait until March to learn that .
                    I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                      If there is any ******* that can find his way back to either the Destiny or to Earth is that SOB. He deserved being left stranded. And honestly had Young returned him either the military or civilian personnel would have killed Rush for what he pulled on top of everything else he had done prior.
                      Yea, I agree, no one on the ship really likes Rush to much.
                      Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                      sigpic
                      BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                      DIXON: What, again?

Comment

Let's remember please that name calling is against the rules.

Please express yourself, just don't call names
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I think that's one of the few good things that happened.
                          I agree. FINALLY Chloe had something to do that doesn't involve getting knocked up or crying. I was glad for her character.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                            I thought so too. My only concern is that in the attempt to give us a wtf cliffhanger they have created a situation that requires a certain level of implausibility to resolve. I am very interested in seeing how the ptb figure out a way to get Rush back on board the Destiny, too bad I have to wait until March to learn that .
                            I feel your pain.
                            Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                            sigpic
                            BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                            DIXON: What, again?

Comment

So...I guess I was right then? The cliffhanger is cheesy and it won't end in a cliffhanger. Touche! Reading people's comments it doesn't seem to..
                              I don't see this show surviving more than 2 seasons if these boring episodes keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                it wasn't ment to be a cliffhanger like that. the tides of change have come to destiny and how will young's decisions come back to bite him in the ass later in the series
                                heh, of course. a spaceship will dock with the destiny and out will stp rush, doing his best jack nicholson impression from the 'shining'

Comment

Working...
                                X