This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    The people complaining about no cliff hanger know that Justice was not originally the tenth episode right? It got pushed from nine to ten when Fire became Darkness and Light. The mid season two parter will be episodes 11 and 12.
    While that may be true...this episode was called the mid-season finale. Mid-season finales end with someone that makes you want to come back...especially after a rediculously long 5 month hiatus. This episode really didn't deliver that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      While that may be true...this episode was called the mid-season finale. Mid-season finales end with someone that makes you want to come back...especially after a rediculously long 5 month hiatus. This episode really didn't deliver that.
      Really? At the end of the ep I was thinking how much I couldn't wait for the next ep. I mean we know Rush will likely make it back to Destiny, but I want to know how, and how long will it take him. I definitely can't wait for the show to resume.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        Really? At the end of the ep I was thinking how much I couldn't wait for the next ep. I mean we know Rush will likely make it back to Destiny, but I want to know how, and how long will it take him. I definitely can't wait for the show to resume.
        Yes really! I just hope when the show comes back that it will be better than what they left us with.
        sigpic

Comment

Good Cliffhanger or Bad Cliffhanger??

SGU obviously does not follow the same formula as SG1 and Atlantis where cliffhangers are what I call "Event based" Cliffhanger, where the characters are dealing with an outside force (Gould, Wraith or a Storm). SGU is much more character based and in the sense of a "Character based" Cliffhanger Justice was very good IMHO.

I do think as the series develops the characters will find their place and we will see something closer to the other SG series but still strongly influenced by how the characters stay sane.

Comment

Mid season finales do tend to have that but its not a requirment. All that is required is for it to be the last episode for the break to be consider a mid season finale. And I did it find it suspenseful. The fact Young would do something so dirty and the what is going to happen to Rush was suspenseful to me.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

The conversation Rush and Young at the end, where he told Young he wasn't a good commander because he couldn't do what was necessary.

I think if and when Rush does get back, he likely won't expose him... but tell him he finally had the backbone to do something, and then they'll split and go back to business as usual stuff.

This conversation and outcome just fits the characters more then him exposing Young for leaving him on the planet.

Comment

i think the fact that young has proof that rush lied will also keep rush under control. after all, with that evidence, young can get rush locked up (if they were on earth, a trick like that would have gotten him fired and likely cost him his security clearance)
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bjj8383 View Post
                  Excuse me, but "better"? Don't get me wrong, I hate Rush, but now Young is officially off of the Characters I Like list. (The list only includes Eli.)

Seriously, Stargate characters are supposed to be people who you get attached to and root for. People you can stand behind. All I know is O'Niell or Shepard wouldn't have left a man to die of starvation and heat stroke on an unreachable planet, no matter what. My opinion of Young as a person just dropped off radar.

if you want to watch a show where the good guys are all good and the bad guys are all bad and there's no gray area, then go watch reruns of sg1 and sga

SGU is far closer to reality in terms of the characterizations being played out on screen than ANYTHING we've seen in the previous 2 series...

and as a note: O'Neill has done far worse than Young
                  O'Neill has MURDERED people on-screen in SG-1
                  and, no, i'm not talking about Jaffa dying in a firefight, or blowing up goa'uld system lords

i'm talking about actual unnecessitated murder

Young has yet to murder anyone

just remember that
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Mid season finales do tend to have that but its not a requirment. All that is required is for it to be the last episode for the break to be consider a mid season finale. And I did it find it suspenseful. The fact Young would do something so dirty and the what is going to happen to Rush was suspenseful to me.
                    I liked the cliffhanger, but you're right. There doesn't have to be one. Especially when it's usually something where we know the SG team is gonna find a way out of it and usually in the first 5 minutes of the next episode (Camelot)
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by bjj8383 View Post
                      Excuse me, but "better"? Don't get me wrong, I hate Rush, but now Young is officially off of the Characters I Like list. (The list only includes Eli.)

Seriously, Stargate characters are supposed to be people who you get attached to and root for. People you can stand behind. All I know is O'Niell or Shepard wouldn't have left a man to die of starvation and heat stroke on an unreachable planet, no matter what. My opinion of Young as a person just dropped off radar.
                      See Millers Crossing and Outsiders for Sheppard's lack of moral fortitude.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i think the fact that young has proof that rush lied will also keep rush under control. after all, with that evidence, young can get rush locked up (if they were on earth, a trick like that would have gotten him fired and likely cost him his security clearance)
                        You're right...it definately would've gotten him fired and his security clearance revoked.

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        The conversation Rush and Young at the end, where he told Young he wasn't a good commander because he couldn't do what was necessary.

I think if and when Rush does get back, he likely won't expose him... but tell him he finally had the backbone to do something, and then they'll split and go back to business as usual stuff.

This conversation and outcome just fits the characters more then him exposing Young for leaving him on the planet.
                        I can see that happening. However, I don't know if it will easily go back to business as usual.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You are correct, but we know what's going to happen to Rush. So, I just felt it was a let down. We may not know the "how" or "when" of what's going to happen to Rush, but we do know the "what."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          WOW Young is a monster. I am guessing we will see Rush repairing that ship and catching back up with the Destiny in the second half of the season.
                          Young is not a monster! He did exactly what O'Neill would have done in that situation - remember "The other side" when he shut the gate on Alar?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            four weeks is way to long to wait.
                            We have to wait four weeks?! Dagnammit!

Comment

You are correct, but we know what's going to happen to Rush. So, I just felt it was a let down. We may not know the "how" or "when" of what's going to happen to Rush, but we do know the "what."
                              True but I find the journery is just as entertaining as the end result. I knew in Justice Young was innocent but it was fun finding out how he was innocent.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                                Young is not a monster! He did exactly what O'Neill would have done in that situation - remember "The other side" when he shut the gate on Alar?
                                Exactly, What Young did made him more of a leader than less.

Comment

Working...
                                X