This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    It would have been nice had Young thought that far ahead. But i doubt the rest of the military would have liked it.
    Hence why I'd be a hopeless military leader. I wouldn't do what they wanted and regularly tell them to f off. ahahaha.
    ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      So, he makes a 'life or death' decision by leaving Rush on that planet to prove Rush wrong! The stress of wondering what Rush would do next that he rightly or wrongly thought was going to cause further problems overrode any sense of morality. The interesting thing was that he ended up with something worse, the terrible feeling of regret and remorse for that action. He's a psychological mess, an interesting mess to watch! Rush coming back to further haunt him was deserved, there was nothing he could ever do to make right what he did and he would face that every day for the rest of his life.
      And compounding that was his
      Spoiler:
      attempt to blow the "Blues" ship up both Rush and Chloe were on, before anyone else knew Rush was there!

Comment

I would of done it. It would have been for the greater good.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Which.. Dump rush? Frame Young?

Comment

Dump rush. The lives on Destiny are more important than 2 on the Blues.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you think if they did kill off rush, they would have
              Spoiler:
              ever broken the master code? Ever learned about Telfords involvement with the LA and the impending attack?
              Managed to have defeated it?

Comment

Yes. Rush is not that much smarter especially when you factor in Eli.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I think Rush purposefully made things sound more complex than they were, working to put the others off so he could make himself out to be the foremost authority on all things to do with Destiny. I too think Eli was more than capable of working things out and would be more appreciative of help from the other scientists and engineers aboard. I've wondered how much more they could have learned if Rush didn't spend so much time working on blocking access to new things he found from them!

We never really learned how many capable scientists there were on board because Rush never wanted them near anything! It would certainly have been interesting if Rush was out of the picture to see how the others would have got over their lack of confidence, which was as a result of Rush's attitude to them as being totally useless in the first place that caused that mindset, and worked together to learn about Destiny. I guess that was the fun of SGU, the person you think was the most knowledgeable turns out to be the one that hinders the discovery process by his own selfish actions.

There's no meaningful brainstorming sessions with Dr Rush, that's for sure!

Comment

Well, I guess, that's exactly the reason why Eli

Spoiler:
                    … and the rest of the science team managed so easily to overrun those new found friends, and shoot them to pieces so relaxed!

Rush didn't need to make anything more complex as it was. The ship is complex, nobody knows really how it works. Not Rush, not Eli, not anybody else. The ship is damaged. They have very limited access to any systems. It would be more than idiotic if all those scientist on that ship would not work on everything they're able to, and actually, we saw them doing so.
                    Rush never forbade anyone to study the ship, you're making this up. Eu contrary, it's Young who keeps them from studying, with this boot-camp for all the civilians, which did a great job on Franklin, btw. It was also Young, who made sure that Eli will not any longer work with or for Rush, since the episode "Water", by promoting him to be his private spying chief towards all civilians. At that time, we've never seen Rush hiding results on a regular base from others for no reason*, as you claimed it to be, and I very much doubt that the science team were idiots, who'd not realize if he's done this over and over again. The wrong people on the wrong place has a limit for me.

We have seen Rush working with other people, and he used to work with Eli from the start up to the point where Young stopped it. Unlike Volker, Eli has a good understanding on the alien technique, though he's still not enough knowledge to do everything by his own.
                    The only one who Rush really does not work with is Volker. He doesn't seem to have the right grip on what he's supposed to do, and most likely he was never hired to do what he has to do now. The only reason why Young wanted Rush to force to work with Volker instead of Eli in "Darkness" was because he wants to make clear that only Young is allowed to make any decisions about who has to work with whom, and I'm sure he knew very well Volker don't get very well along with Rush. It should just be a teaching lesson for Rush, which failed. You could see that Young really had fun when he decided Rush has to work with the one person he does not want to work with.

* When I'm saying this, I'm of course not talking about manipulating data about the Icarus planet, or the kino files or framing Young for murder.
                    Last edited by Artemis-Neith; 26 January 2015, 12:37 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Yes. Rush is not that much smarter especially when you factor in Eli.
                      While that may be, Rush only figured out how to break it after
                      Spoiler:
                      sitting in the chair AGAINST orders i might add, something young was well against. So how much longer would it have taken before they DID sit someone down in it, and break the code.
                      Also since it was Rush who proved that Telford was the traitor, with no rush, who else do you get to be the reveal of that before the LA attack?

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      I think Rush purposefully made things sound more complex than they were, working to put the others off so he could make himself out to be the foremost authority on all things to do with Destiny. I too think Eli was more than capable of working things out and would be more appreciative of help from the other scientists and engineers aboard. I've wondered how much more they could have learned if Rush didn't spend so much time working on blocking access to new things he found from them!

We never really learned how many capable scientists there were on board because Rush never wanted them near anything! It would certainly have been interesting if Rush was out of the picture to see how the others would have got over their lack of confidence, which was as a result of Rush's attitude to them as being totally useless in the first place that caused that mindset, and worked together to learn about Destiny. I guess that was the fun of SGU, the person you think was the most knowledgeable turns out to be the one that hinders the discovery process by his own selfish actions.

There's no meaningful brainstorming sessions with Dr Rush, that's for sure!
                      Well in the next ep, they were ALL going
                      Spoiler:
                      we can't do anything without rush

Comment

Spoiler:
                        The LA would never got to Destiny without Rush
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe not when they did, but eventually they would have imo.

Comment

Doubtful since Rush said they were doing it wrong
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps that should be it's own thread..

Comment

I thought about combining "Justice" with "Space", but I had enough to say about it that I decided to give "Justice" its own post. Here's my take on it from my current re-watch:

http://www.ptsnob.com/2016/02/recons...e-justice.html

Comment

Working...
                                X