This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    I know what you meant darlin, but READ YOUR POST AGAIN and think how it could be interpreted by those who claim authority over us
    Actually looking at Ellie's post again there's nothing wrong with it imo. Shows like The Wire aren’t morally shallow, in fact that’s rather insulting considering its probably the most socially conscious show ever to grace our tv screens. To bring it back to SGU, they share similarities by the fact that they don't sugar coat the world, nasty things happen like in Justice, but that just makes the good in these shows far more rewarding and heart warming than any show that has everyone dancing over sunshine and rainbows. To see one of the characters in the Wire turn away from a life of violence and drugs, try to help the local community and make something of himself is far more rewarding because as a viewer we’ve seen the vile things that happen in the world around him and to many others like him.
    Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 25 March 2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I know what you meant darlin, but READ YOUR POST AGAIN and think how it could be interpreted by those who claim authority over us
      Hon, they pinged me for saying someone's post was funny ...

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Actually looking at Ellie's post again there's nothing wrong with it imo. Shows like The Wire aren’t morally shallow, in fact that’s rather insulting considering its probably the most socially conscious show ever to grace our tv screens. To bring it back to SGU, they share similarities by the fact that they don't sugar coat the world, nasty things happen like in Justice, but that just makes the good in these shows far more rewarding and heart warming than any show that has everyone dancing over sunshine and rainbows. To see one of the characters in the Wire turn away from a life of violence and drugs, try to help the local community and make something of himself is far more rewarding because as a viewer we’ve seen the vile things that happen in the world around him and to many others like him.
      You don't get morality from being good all the time; as most Greek tragedies showed, there is a journey. Babylon 5's G'Kar and Londo being the obvious examples in science fiction.

Comment

There you have the moral high ground.
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

There you have the moral high ground.
          So high, I'm dizzy.

Comment

This time you don't. Now, quick!! Back to the path of on-topic, before we get modded!
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

This time you don't. Now, quick!! Back to the path of on-topic, before we get modded!
              I like Anna Faris, erm... but also I really do hope that that the actions of Young have ramifications.

What with
              Spoiler:
              Divided coming up after Space, looks like I'll get my wish

Comment

Just a quick FYI - Firefly wasn't a 'cable' show. It aired on network television. But I suppose if you didn't watch you wouldn't know.

Anyways, that's by the by. I gotta agree that it's unlikely that Rush and Young are gonna go talking about what happened on the planet, but I'm not sure they're going to have too. It wouldn't surprise me if Eli lets it slip to someone. The boy cannot keep his mouth shut.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Wow. Deevil and me agreed again. Thats three times in one year hehe. You never know, maybe Young will kick Eli onto a planet to keep him quiet.
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Wow. Deevil and me agreed again. Thats three times in one year hehe. You never know, maybe Young will kick Eli onto a planet to keep him quiet.
                    I doubt it. Eli doesn't go around trying to create a munity or usurp authority
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey, we can agree. Score Seriously though, I wouldn't put anything past Young.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I doubt it. Eli doesn't go around trying to create a munity or usurp authority
                      The fact the Eli is the only one who knows what really happens potentially usurps Young's authority. That is gonna be a threat to his paranoid little heart - so yeah - anything is possible.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                        Hey, we can agree. Score Seriously though, I wouldn't put anything past Young.

The fact the Eli is the only one who knows what really happens potentially usurps Young's authority. That is gonna be a threat to his paranoid little heart - so yeah - anything is possible.
                        I didn't say it wasn't possibility. I just don't think its a likely possibility
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't possibility. I just don't think its a likely possibility
                          If Eli gives Young any reason to consider him a threat - which simply knowing the truth does - I say it's very likely that Young will react. Perhaps not by leavinghim on planet, that can only happen so many times before people start to question it... but there are many other ways to deal with a problem.

Comment

If Eli gives Young any reason to consider him a threat - which simply knowing the truth does - I say it's very likely that Young will react. Perhaps not by leavinghim on planet, that can only happen so many times before people start to question it... but there are many other ways to deal with a problem.
                            I think it depends how far we go as threat. Wray did a lot to undermine his authority but never threatened her life. You have to cross a pretty big line for Young to repeat what he did to Rush
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think it depends how far we go as threat. Wray did a lot to undermine his authority but never threatened her life. You have to cross a pretty big line for Young to repeat what he did to Rush
                              Wray is WAAAAAAAAY tp hard to get rid of. To public a figure, to many questions to answer and she never gets off world. None of that is true for Eli. Young's big line is just being some kind of threat, ask Telford about that.

Comment

Wray is WAAAAAAAAY tp hard to get rid of. To public a figure, to many questions to answer and she never gets off world. None of that is true for Eli. Young's big line is just being some kind of threat, ask Telford about that.
                                Don't forget, though, Young threatening to take her name out of the lottery just because she challenged him. Seems to be his modus operandi.

Comment

Working...
                                X