Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And guess what Jel, you've obviously missed part of the irony of my comment, as that sort of thing has been said about those trying to deffnd Rush. And I apologise if it seems arrogant, but if you back-read you will find numerous occasions where the replies to well-thought out and backed-up comments has been to either misdirect the focus of the conversation, or jus simple old 'you are wrong because Rush is bad'. Then again, it's only my opinion, which I am as entitled to as any other on this thread. But I forgot, a cannae say that. It's too rude and negative.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      And given that we are the audience, thus the jury - your point?

We are the jury. Yes.
      You are not the jury. (The POINT)

STOP - I do not require a semantics lesson. I said what I meant. Your desire to semantically correct at a least a single point in every discussion is mind numbing. It not only derails the discussion, it's a blatant attempt to try and invalidate an argument. If you don't want to discuss, don't discuss. If you require clarification ask for it.

If you feel the need to continually correct my articulation I ask you to stop engaging me in a discussion because I repeat I say what a mean. If you want to continue to engage me in conversation, suck it up and move on. This is an informal forum, there is no need to pretend that we have to use proper English.
      Regardless, Deevil... the way you describe certain events and facts become an issue.
      This was not all "circumstantial" evidence. You were factually incorrect.

His comment of "this was our only chance" doesn't necessarily translate into "I dialed it for my own selfish reasons".
      I didn't say it did "translate"
      Rush's choice of destination is ADMITTED to be a desire to unlock the 9th chevron rather than preservation. What prompted Rush to defend himself in such a way.

Fact #1 is very much in dispute. I call it Saquist's Interpretation #1.

20% of America and 25% of Britain believes man never landed on the moon.
      People will dispute facts all the time.

It is a fact that Rush Justified dialing the 9th Chevron because "It might be their last chance."
      I can't stop you from disputing this but it doesn't make it an interpretation.

The interpretation is that Rush did so without regard to Risk.
      And I think that is a fair safe speculation to make. I think a jury would agree.

It's one of the few things that is relevant. If you don't want to discuss interpretations, why are you engaging in this discussion at all? Me personally, I am here because I want to discuss interpretations - not created fan-facts.
      That's completely contradictory.
      If "fan-facts" as you call them aren't real facts then you are debating interpretations.
      I debate facts mostly. Look at the analogy of COURT that I implement. Is it not obvious? Law does bebate philosophy. It debates wrong and right.

I think the question is...
      HAS RUSH committed a crime. I think that it's obvious....Yes. He perjured himself for the express purpose incriminating Commander Young.

This is an open and shut case.

Comment

The whole Rush/ Young thing is becoming like last weeks bread, stale and mouldy. The debates are becoming so repetitious and the stances that each poster is taking on the subject matter is rapidly diving into a muddy pool of self righteousness and bugger the other persons opions, which is not in the code of good debating principles, therefore conclusions must be drawn as to the motives of the said posters, which can be equated with the ideaology of "I just want hear myself speak!" and be damned for the rest of you.

"What? Can you say that again in English?"
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          The whole Rush/ Young thing is becoming like last weeks bread, stale and mouldy. The debates are becoming so repetitious and the stances that each poster is taking on the subject matter is rapidly diving into a muddy pool of self righteousness and bugger the other persons opions, which is not in the code of good debating principles, therefore conclusions must be drawn as to the motives of the said posters, which can be equated with the ideaology of "I just want hear myself speak!" and be damned for the rest of you.

Amen...and very well said. I concur 150%
          sigpic

Comment

Too true. It's a Justice thread, not Young Vs Rush. I think we have all forgotten that.
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Amen...and very well said. I concur 150%
              Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              Too true. It's a Justice thread, not Young Vs Rush. I think we have all forgotten that.
              I'd green ye both, but am out of ammo atm, so I will catch ye both later on my next refil

Comment

*Happily sits on his high horse, firmly in the belief that both Young and Rush are as bad as each other and feels smug and superior.*

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  *Happily sits on his high horse, firmly in the belief that both Young and Rush are as bad as each other and feels smug and superior.*
                  Whoa Neddy, your horse or mine? I'm just a casual observer

Comment

High Horse was a joke, initially between me and M6P. The horse is his. Got a spare I can join you with M6P?
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      Hay Dios mio!! I agree!!!

*Reads back* I see that the ontopic areas of this forum are as unfriendly as the time I started to post more off topic....

Change of topic, Chloe her trust in Young was shown here or was it her belief in upholding US Law?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

High Horse was a joke, initially between me and M6P. The horse is his. Got a spare I can join you with M6P?
                        Ah then I can help, we have 4 of the long legged buggers at home

Comment

Ah then I can help, we have 4 of the long legged buggers at home
                          I'll assume that you are talking about Chloe...
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post

1- Rush risking the lives of the crew on the 9th chevron is not circumstantial evidence of his guilt of recklessness. He admits he is dialing the 9th chevron because it is there only chance to do so and thereby demoting the crews safety in the crisis.
                            Why it's ambiguous is because of the part of the episode that you seem to have forgotten:
                            RUSH: Stop the dialling sequence.

RILEY: I have my orders.

RUSH: Get out of my way. (He shoves Riley out of his seat and sits down.) Get out of the way! We can't risk dialling Earth.
                            And:
                            RUSH: The attack started a chain reaction in the planet's core. There's no way of stopping that, and any blast could easily translate through an open wormhole. It's too dangerous to dial Earth.

YOUNG: You could have dialled somewhere else, anywhere else.

RUSH: This could be our only chance.
                            He is not referring there to the only chance for the ninth chevron; the conversation is clearly about the only chance not to die.

Comment

Gotta a stable full

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                I'll assume that you are talking about Chloe...
                                What? Chloe, what has she got to do with it, unless she is Lady Godiva

Comment

Working...
                                X