This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    I generally agree with you Mighty 6, except that Rush really doesn't want to be in control. All he wants to do is deal with his little corner of the ship, he doesn't want to deal with the petty squabbles.
    I think not Devil. You'll see, you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      I think not Devil. You'll see, you'll see.
      I can't imagine hy Rush would want to be incharge... that being said, when he returns things potentially could change.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Lets be honest. When Rush returns their will be a massive division in the Destiny and thrust for power. It will just become anarchy
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Anarchy = Democracy. That'd be an improvement
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Anarchy = Democracy. That'd be an improvement
            Punch up on the Destiny! What's that, maybe a season 5 episode title

Comment

I think if, or rather when (who are we kidding) Rush makes it back to the ship, its going to go beyond petty bickering. The power structure of the ship will change considrably. The change in their situation and Rush's return will undermine Young's authority, the civilians won't listen to him and even the military personnel aren't exactly going to be happy with him. Even people like Greer and Scott are going to question the fact that he left Rush on the planet, marooned and then covered it up. I'd predict role reversal, Rush in control with Young on th outside as the wildcard.
              Only if it's revealed what actually happened.

I generally agree with you Mighty 6, except that Rush really doesn't want to be in control. All he wants to do is deal with his little corner of the ship, he doesn't want to deal with the petty squabbles.
              He wants control of the science, which should actually be his anyway. If Young was any sort of leader he'd be working with not agin.

Punch up on the Destiny! What's that, maybe a season 5 episode title
              Too many words, pal! It would have to be 'Fight!' or 'Punch-up!'

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                Only if it's revealed what actually happened.

He wants control of the science, which should actually be his anyway. If Young was any sort of leader he'd be working with not agin.

Too many words, pal! It would have to be 'Fight!' or 'Punch-up!'
                Its not really good leadership practive to give someone that much control if you can't trust them
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Its not really good leadership practive to give someone that much control if you can't trust them
                  Given how Young is actively undermining Rush from the beginning, I think his paranoia started long before they got anywhere near Icarus let along Destiny. It just fixated on Rush for whatever reason.

Comment

Given how Young is actively undermining Rush from the beginning, I think his paranoia started long before they got anywhere near Icarus let along Destiny. It just fixated on Rush for whatever reason.
                    Maybe its because Rush is untrustworthy
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Maybe its because Rush is untrustworthy
                      And yet apart from setting Young up, which happened long aftr Young's paranoia began, Rush didn't show any signs of being untrustworthy.

Comment

And yet apart from setting Young up, which happened long aftr Young's paranoia began, Rush didn't show any signs of being untrustworthy.
                        This is where someone normally brings up dialling the ninth chevron, Dee.

Comment

This is where someone normally brings up dialling the ninth chevron, Dee.
                          I know, I know... but the reasons he dialed the 9th Chevro are speculatory... were as Young's paranoia is not.

Comment

I know, I know... but the reasons he dialed the 9th Chevro are speculatory... were as Young's paranoia is not.
                            That he put their lives in danger by the decision is his motives really important?
                            Will they later reveal he was following orders by Jack.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty 6
                              Rush has shown a distinct lack of empathy towards anyone on the ship, that's sociopathic behaviour. On top of that I think Rush is very interested in leading the ship, he wants to have control of the desiscions he just doesn't seem to have stumbled upon the idea that its hard to lead people when they hate your guts. And violence does work Ellie, its a tool in the military, one that might not be very nice but one that works.
                              Rush has shown empathy twice, once with Chloe and in the case where he lied about the planet in the database. In both instances, his actions were for the sake of other people. He didn't have to do those things and it was mainly out of understanding the emotional situation of others on the ship.

As other's have said, Rush has already proved that he has no interest in leading the ship. All his interested in is directing research as per the goals of the Icarus project. Rush won't have any problems with the person leading as long as they understand the original mission. Young never believed in the Icarus mission in the first place, it means nothing to him, thus he was destined to be at odds with Rush.

lol, at the last point, violence as a 'tool' is better kept in the military and out of civilized society. History is filled with examples showing how the very idea as part of leadership is ludicrous and self destructive. As a matter of fact, that it should even still persist in the military is disappointing.

Originally posted by Deevil
                              When, I'm sure, Rush gets back on ship... I think there will only be bickering.

Young doesn't realise that when Rush comes back he really wont be able to trust Rush, because I believe Rush will systematically work to take Young down and enjoy every second of it. Young thought he was a personal threat (and it was all about that) then, wait until later - then Young will know what a personal threat Rush can be.
                              There maybe won't be bickering as such, since I think Young's lie about non-involvement in Rush's marooning will prevail even when Rush returns. It is still Young's word against Rush's without the video evidence expanding on Rush's frame job. I think Rush will know this and your last point is absolutely right. Up till now, nothing Rush has done has been personal. He has been letting off warning shots at Young with regards to leading with the mission in mind. Now, Young will probably become Rush's special project though I think whatever Rush has in store for Young, I don't think he'll try to kill him. It will really be a test of how pragmatic Rush is in the face of what is effectively attempted murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                That he put their lives in danger by the decision is his motives really important?
                                Will they later reveal he was following orders by Jack.....
                                Motivation is very important, because if he did send them to Destiny because he firmly believed it was safer then traveling to a planet near by... how can he be 'untrustworthy' for making the decision?

Comment

Working...
                                X