X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    Not all of them ran.
    Given what's been said, I rewatched Air tonight. Scott got tossed out the other end yet he walked through slightly quickly. At best, a couple of people went in at a slight jog. Not one person walked through at the other end.
    Last edited by EllieVee; 20 January 2010, 03:36 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post

I trust Rush more than I trust Young. Rush took a chance based on science and it worked. It's a level of pragmatism that most people don't operate at.
      Rush took a chance with human lives , that is not pragmatic, it is sheer stupidity or lack of appreciation for the value of life. In a life and death situation you choose the safe course not the "well I might as well experiment" course.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Rush took a chance with human lives , that is not pragmatic, it is sheer stupidity or lack of appreciation for the value of life. In a life and death situation you choose the safe course not the "well I might as well experiment" course.
        This is true...very true
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          Yes, you do choose the safest option, which to my mind, to him, was dialling the ninth chevron.

Comment

Their is a flaw in your logic. The 9th chevron wasn't safest. Going into an unknown area is never the safest route. It defies all logic
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Their is a flaw in your logic. The 9th chevron wasn't safest. Going into an unknown area is never the safest route. It defies all logic
              Nope, no flaw here. The choice is choosing between certain death and the unknown, most people would choose the unknown.

Comment

So, they choose a safe planet they know, either alpha site or another occupied planet. You are then risking hundreds, if not thousands of lives for 80 odd. And uninhabitated worlds are that for a reason. Am sure SG groups dont know too many empty planet addresses off the top of their minds.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  So, they choose a safe planet they know, either alpha site or another occupied planet. You are then risking hundreds, if not thousands of lives for 80 odd. And uninhabitated worlds are that for a reason. Am sure SG groups dont know too many empty planet addresses off the top of their minds.
                  I'd imgagine they'd know one or two purpursefully for situations like just like that.

Comment

So they have a few addresses at hand in case the uique planet they are on will blow up and take the destination world with it.....yea. More likely they have emergency addresses to safe worlds with copius backup stored, just in case.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Nope, no flaw here. The choice is choosing between certain death and the unknown, most people would choose the unknown.
                      But death wasn't certain
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                        The greater good is to sacrifice the 80.

But death wasn't certain
                        To you. Perhaps to Rush it was.

Comment

The greater good is to sacrifice the 80.

To you. Perhaps to Rush it was.
                          Its kind of obvious it wasn't certain based on what we know about Stargates.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Its kind of obvious it wasn't certain based on what we know about Stargates.
                            Except, as you know, there are some of us who disagree about what we know about stargates.

Comment

which just further proves death wouldn't be certain
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

They stayed, they died. They went through the gate to any uninhabitated world that is the unkown. Thus, cerain death vs unknown.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X