No announcement yet.

In Young we trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, that I can agree with. Changing the status quo is risky, but it's also a lot of fun if done right. I would definitely not mind seeing others in charge for whatever reason - that's why I didn't state a position to the "Relived of Command?" thing. In the other Young thread (the one with the really long title), I said that it'd be interesting seeing Telford in command for a while, for instance.

And sure, seeing Rush and Wray in new roles would certainly be a great way to flesh out their characters. We saw the budding interactions Wray had with the Destiny crew in Justice and I would love to see more of that. I agree that Rush is more suited to doing his own thing with the science team, but I think it'd be great if he was forced into command, somehow. Again, push them out of their comfort zones. That's usually good for drama and such.

I like how this little snarkfest suddenly turned serious and cordial.

Comment

...kumbaya....
      *snickers* sorry, couldn't help it
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
        ...kumbaya....
        Sure you could have, you just chose not to. We know you better than that!

EDIT to say: Team Young FTW!!
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

...kumbaya....
          Young procedes to headbutt you while Rush stabs you with a screwdriver and Wray talks at you.
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

NO!! NOT THE TALKING!!

I'll save you xxxevilgrinxxx!!

*Chucks KINO at Wray*

*It's supereffective!*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              NO!! NOT THE TALKING!!

*Chucks KINO at Wray*

*It's supereffective!*
              Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                Young procedes to headbutt you while Rush stabs you with a screwdriver and Wray talks at you.
                no, no, no...it's the talking first, and then I ask for a headbutt and the Mighty Shiv of Justice from Rush, just to make it all go away

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                NO!! NOT THE TALKING!!

*Chucks KINO at Wray*

*It's supereffective!*
                *hits Wray off the dome with a musical BONG!!!*

*coughs* ahem, and yes, in Young we trust!
                sigpic

Comment

Who let these people in?

I don't know, it's like you think this show is supposed to be entertainment or something...
                  "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Wow xxxevilgrinxxx I've just noticed what you have written as your signature! I feel honoured.

So, erm... will I be getting a royalty cheque in the post?
                    "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                      Wow xxxevilgrinxxx I've just noticed what you have written as your signature! I feel honoured.

So, erm... will I be getting a royalty cheque in the post?
                      It's in the mail, Bob

As for entertainment, the show is super entertaing, or this level of discussion would never happen
                      sigpic

Comment

It's in the mail, Bob

As for entertainment, the show is super entertaing, or this level of discussion would never happen
                        darn skippy!

I think we should start a poll. Who everyone thinks should be in command. We have all put in our comments about Young's pro's and con's and also about whether Rush or Wray would do a better job or should be allowed to give it a try.

So let's have Destiny Elections!

Here are the candidates. And please people, put yourselves in the position of a member of Destiny, civilian or SG personnel. Remember that whoever gets the job will have it for the forseeable future, not just for a day or so and can be replaced whenever. Young will still be available to lead the military on defending the ship, but remember that if he is not in charge then his ability to do this is severely limited from currently because he will be in the position of getting us (the crewmembers) out of trouble rather than preventing us from getting into it. We know more than the Destineers because we have the all seeing eye of the viewer, so we can make an informed decision.

When you have chosen who you want to lead us, say their name and increase the number next to it by 1, so that it is easy to see how many votes people have. Or if you prefer, reply quote the bullet points I have put below and increase the number of your candidate. One vote each guys! And remember, this is to last, so think about it cos there will likely not be the opportunity to change your mind:
                        • Col Everett Young
                        • Dr Nicholas Rush
                        • Camille Wray
                        • Lt Matthew Scott
                        • Eli Wallace
                        • Lt Tamara Johanson
                        • Col David Telford

Comment

I've started things off with my vote. Bet you didn't see that one coming!

• Col Everett Young 1
                          • Dr Nicholas Rush
                          • Camille Wray
                          • Lt Matthew Scott
                          • Eli Wallace
                          • Lt Tamara Johanson
                          • Col David Telford

Comment

... One vote each guys! And remember, this is to last, so think about it cos there will likely not be the opportunity to change your mind:
                            • Col Everett Young +2
                            • Dr Nicholas Rush
                            • Camille Wray
                            • Lt Matthew Scott
                            • Eli Wallace
                            • Lt Tamara Johanson
                            • Col David Telford
                            sigpic

Comment

darn skippy!

I think we should start a poll. Who everyone thinks should be in command. We have all put in our comments about Young's pro's and con's and also about whether Rush or Wray would do a better job or should be allowed to give it a try.

So let's have Destiny Elections!

Here are the candidates. And please people, put yourselves in the position of a member of Destiny, civilian or SG personnel. Remember that whoever gets the job will have it for the forseeable future, not just for a day or so and can be replaced whenever. Young will still be available to lead the military on defending the ship, but remember that if he is not in charge then his ability to do this is severely limited from currently because he will be in the position of getting us (the crewmembers) out of trouble rather than preventing us from getting into it. We know more than the Destineers because we have the all seeing eye of the viewer, so we can make an informed decision.

When you have chosen who you want to lead us, say their name and increase the number next to it by 1, so that it is easy to see how many votes people have. Or if you prefer, reply quote the bullet points I have put below and increase the number of your candidate. One vote each guys! And remember, this is to last, so think about it cos there will likely not be the opportunity to change your mind:
                              • Col Everett Young
                              • Dr Nicholas Rush
                              • Camille Wray
                              • Lt Matthew Scott
                              • Eli Wallace
                              • Lt Tamara Johanson
                              • Col David Telford
                              You could ask the mods to create a poll at the top of this thread and then each person can vote, and the results will be interesting to see.

•Col Everett Young +3
                              •Dr Nicholas Rush
                              •Camille Wray
                              •Lt Matthew Scott
                              •Eli Wallace
                              •Lt Tamara Johanson
                              •Col David Telford

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                You could ask the mods to create a poll at the top of this thread and then each person can vote, and the results will be interesting to see.
                                I thought about that, but I always go to the end of a post I am subscribed to (or rather the first unread post) and so wouldn't want to check the top every time. I also thought about starting a new thread for the poll but I decided that those who had already been discussing this topic would have had the opportunity to really think about and listen to the various arguements, and could therefore make a more informed decision. But hey if the majority wants to do that I will go baaa (like a sheep).

Comment

Working...
                                X