No announcement yet.

Same character or just same actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Knew of the other 2, but did not know he played a russian as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ONeill4tW View Post
      Here's an easy answer: He's an ascended trickster! He goes around making up new personalities and has fun with the humans without actually breaking the rules. Think Loki, the trickster god not the Asgard scientist.
      would be cool & funny, IMHO, if that were true.

I kinda have this feeling that he's one of those characters that's "more than what he seems" *shrugs*
      Maybe he's still Ventrell, after all.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
        would be cool & funny, IMHO, if that were true.

I kinda have this feeling that he's one of those characters that's "more than what he seems" *shrugs*
        Maybe he's still Ventrell, after all.
        Indeed. I mean the Ascended has got to have at least one mischievous, bored ascended among them. It would make sense if one of them was clever enough to be able to bend the rules and have fun. Heh

Comment

Originally posted by el capitain View Post
          I noticed that the LA guy who T.J. stitched up looks remarkably similar to the runner that the team in stargate atlantis 'ran' into (lol) - the one who kidnapped dr. keller so that she would look after the little girl.
          Any thoughts?
          Mike Dopud played:

SG1, Season 8, "Full Alert", Colonel Chernovshev, a Russian officer.
          SG1, Season 10, "Bounty", Odai Ventrell - he was a bounty hunter trying to get the bounty the LA was offering.
          SGA, Season 5, "Tracker", played Kyryk(?).
          SGU, Season 1, "Incursion", Varro

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Mike Dopud played:

SG1, Season 8, "Full Alert", Colonel Chernovshev, a Russian officer.
            SG1, Season 10, "Bounty", Odai Ventrell - he was a bounty hunter trying to get the bounty the LA was offering.
            SGA, Season 5, "Tracker", played Kyryk(?).
            SGU, Season 1, "Incursion", Varro
            He was Varro in Subversion too.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think that after Ventrell killed Netan, he tried to take over the LA, but he came out on the losing end of the ensuing power struggle, and went back to bounty hunting. And then the bounty business wasn't bringing home enough bacon, so he started to do some henchman for hire work on the side. When he got hired by the LA, he changed his name to Varro because he didn't want his fellow henchman to continually ask him if he was the guy that killed Netan and tried to take over. It's less awkward that way.

Perfecto!

Comment

I think that Varro, Ventrell, Kiryk and Russian guy are all Loki's experiments in cloning. You know, like Nurse Joys.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Maybe Baal experimented on him before cloning himself many, many, many times.

Comment

dont forget Odai Ventrell from SG-1's season 10 "bounty". unfortunately al have different names, but varro and ventrell are quite similar...

Comment

hes like the jeffrey combs of stargate, jeffrey combs has played a load of different star trek characters, mainly brunt, weyoun and shran, but thats much less confusing for the audience because of the make up

Comment

OT. Wow did not know he played both a Ferengi and a Dominion guy..

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
                          Mike Dopud is awesome, I hope he stays since this show is made that much more awesome by having a Quebec-born actor in it . As much as I would have liked him to be playing Ventrell, it wouldn't have made sense for him to be an underling to someone we had never heard of before. I still think Ventrell never joined the alliance and simply collected a very big bounty, or maybe even got killed by one of the lieutenants.

But I agree that he's played a lot of characters in the franchise, maybe too many for someone with such a unique face. At least Brody's previous SG-1 character wasn't very memorable, neither was Volker's.
                          Mike Dopud is a badass. I'm glad he's on the show, though I thought he would have made an excellent recurring SG team member rather than a LA villain.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            This character seems to be very different than the bounty hunter in SG-1 so I imagine it's not supposed to be him. It's not like there haven't been 3 different people from across the universe who seem to look remarkably similar to each other in the 3 shows but this seems especially noticeable.

At least it's not like that time Carter and Weir manage to date the same person.
                            Don't forget the fact that dating the same guy somehow made Elizabeth grow a few inches and turn into a redhead!

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                            hes like the jeffrey combs of stargate, jeffrey combs has played a load of different star trek characters, mainly brunt, weyoun and shran, but thats much less confusing for the audience because of the make up
                            Or Brian Thompson... who appeared as two different villains on "Buffy", two different apocalypse-bringing villains on "Charmed" and every single Star Trek franchise besides the original series, almost every single time as a different character, sometimes as more than one on the same franchise.

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                            The guy has more faces than B.A.G.
                            I've seen that acronym thrown around a few times now. What does it stand for in this context?
                            Last edited by FallenAngelII; 26 June 2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Maybe their father likes to travel a lot.

Comment

And before he played characters with names he played extras... In SG1 season1 finale he's a jaffa shot by oneill when they try to capture the Kor'el 'sarcofagus'.

And in Season5 (i think) finale he played another jaffa in a group of jaffa shot dead by oneill and Teal'c in corridor inside a Ha'tak.
                                "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
                                with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X