Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chloe's friendship a "runner-up prize"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GenieinaZPM View Post
    She kind of reminded me of River (hopefully I don't have to mention she's from Firefly here lol)
    you're not alone there; I noticed that resemblance from the beginning
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

The Shrike,

Because a friendship lacks a sexual aspect it doesn't mean it is a "runner-up" prize. Chloe loves Eli she just doesn't have a sexual attraction to him. Eli's attraction to Chloe doesn't give him any sort of ownership over her nor should he see her lack of sexual attraction as a slight. True friendship between a man and a woman shouldn't be demeaned or deminished. It is of great value. If this friendship does not move into the sexual arena it is by no means of lesser value than Chloe's relationship to Scott.

Comm. Z.,

She absolutely does love Eli back. She simply doesn't feel a sexual attraction for Eli. That isn't a character flaw. There is a certian randomness to who we feel a sexual and emotional attraction for. If she doesn't feel that Eli can't make her feel it. Nor should he try. If it's there it's there, if it's not, so be it.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Chloe will continue to use Eli and abuse his feelings for her until she is satisfied that she cant get anything more of value or use from him and then she will toss him aside like a piece of litter. Eli needs to recognise her for what she is; a decietfull harpy who uses him for her own ends and the ends of others whom she allies herself with. Eli & Dr Parks, now THAT idea has legs, could be just the sort of education Eli needs, none of this MIT nonsense!
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          Chloe will continue to use Eli and abuse his feelings for her until she is satisfied that she cant get anything more of value or use from him and then she will toss him aside like a piece of litter. Eli needs to recognise her for what she is; a decietfull harpy who uses him for her own ends and the ends of others whom she allies herself with. Eli & Dr Parks, now THAT idea has legs, could be just the sort of education Eli needs, none of this MIT nonsense!
          Use and abuse Eli's feelings? When did this happen? You can't blame Chloe because she doesn't feel the same way as Eli does
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

that's really harsh towards Chloe, don't you think?
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              We're still on a fan forum, aren't we?
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Shai Hulud,

So, being a good friend to Chloe means she owes Eli sexual favors in return? That she must return his sexual attraction with sex? Gosh, I was unaware friendship of a man to a woman implied ownership of that woman a sex toy. What a lovely idea.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Use and abuse Eli's feelings? When did this happen? You can't blame Chloe because she doesn't feel the same way as Eli does
                  She distracts him in "Divided" long enough for Rush to be able to usurp control of the Destiny. Id say thats an abuse of his feelings towards her?
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                    Shai Hulud,

So, being a good friend to Chloe means she owes Eli sexual favors in return? That she must return his sexual attraction with sex? Gosh, I was unaware friendship of a man to a woman implied ownership of that woman a sex toy. What a lovely idea.
                    Show me where I implied that and you shall have a cookie. Your putting words in my mouth there Scotty boi, tsk tsk.

Comment

She distracts him in "Divided" long enough for Rush to be able to usurp control of the Destiny. Id say thats an abuse of his feelings towards her?
                      That was never proven. I find it hard to believe thats what she was trying to do given how much she begged Rush to stop mere minutes later
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        Not really, she's the daughter os a US Senator, she knows how to play the political game, making her extremely good at manipulation and she'll have learnt from her mother how to use her femininity to get what she wants.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That was never proven.
                          Errrr thats what she did though. The only reason she lets Eli know about the transfer of the controls is that her buck fuddy Scott is about to get vaporised by the shuttle not being attatched to the Destiny when it goes into FTL - looking after her own best interests again if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            To some extent, yes. Eli clearly wants more and isn't getting it, so in that regard he's the runner-up to Scott. However, Chloe admitted that she values a truly meaningful friendship more than anything else, so in a way he's closer to her than Scott may ever be.

It'll be interesting how their relationship progresses from here.
                            and you'd rather be friends with someone then just wallpapaer.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Errrr thats what she did though. The only reason she lets Eli know about the transfer of the controls is that her buck fuddy Scott is about to get vaporised by the shuttle not being attatched to the Destiny when it goes into FTL - looking after her own best interests again if you ask me.
                              Yeah, it's not like she didn't want any deaths on her conscience, Scott and Young or no.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Still nothing to prove that the reason she was in there was to distract Eli
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X