This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    I've recently been watching some reviews of the Star Wars prequels, and one of the major things that the reviewer points out, is that everyone are idiots. Palpatine taking over is put into perspective because it's easy for a semi-smart man to rule over idiots. The prequels are painful because too many people make too many stupid plays.

When your characters are Too Dumb To Live, you have a problem, and it is a plot hole. It's difficult to follow a plot that can only happen because everyone is an idiot.
    SG-1 got that way too, I find it hard to go back and watch episodes, it just became too hard to believe that a team of four characters could outsmart and keep on defeating an empire that spanned most of the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      I really enjoyed Incursion Pt 1 and was looking forward to Pt 2 but it felt really flat and bland, I'm not exactly sure why but I just didn't find it entertaining at all.
      I don't know if I'd say it was bland or not entertaining. For me I rather found it "predictable". Most of it left me saying "yup, could see that coming". But I still enjoyed most of it. Just the TJ lying in a pool of blood was the thing that tore me apart.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Just saw this episode and I have to say......that was rather intense. Nice ending for the season. I would hate to see the Leader Chick go. She's added quite a bit of spice to the show. I see her eating Wray's lunch too, which I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
          SG-1 got that way too, I find it hard to go back and watch episodes, it just became too hard to believe that a team of four characters could outsmart and keep on defeating an empire that spanned most of the galaxy.
          Its called Plot-Kai and Plot-armor. Daniel's transformation from archeologist to last action hero never made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
            Actually he wasn't resurrected. He was cloned. So technically speaking the real Carson Beckett is still very much dead.

We as fans just got the opportunity to enjoy the actor's presence for a few more episodes! So in retrospect, I give TPTB a huge kudo's for listening to the fans and finding a way to bring the actor back for a few episodes. That speaks volumes to me, and about the actor.
            Or was the one that died the real, and the one we got the clone

Comment

Damn, my heart starts racing every time I watch it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

Damn, my heart starts racing every time I watch it.
                My goosebumps have goosebumps!
                sigpic

Comment

a awesome episode. I can't wait for next season
                  sigpic
                  Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                  Metal gear fan

Comment

WTF do we have here?

1. Nice try Telford - pity it made things messy.

2. Good luck Eli - though Chloe looks a gonner.

3. Of course the LA aren't going to care about two guys on the hull.

Another cliffhanger! With nothing really having been resolved! ARGH!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

this episode showed us how situations can never get resolved!!! but i think the Telford/kiva death scene was very disappointing. more disappointing than TJs even. what compelled Telford to just shoot her? hes been fooling her all that time surely he couldve thought of something. and did Han shoot first?
                      sigpic

Comment

As long as TJ, Young, and Greer survive i will be happy
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NurseFG View Post
                          As long as TJ, Young, and Greer survive i will be happy
                          And if you follow any of the actors on twitter...
                          Spoiler:
                          you know that Scott survives because he's talking about filming the season 2 mid-point episode in his tweets.
                          sigpic

Comment

The effects team have had a hefty weight put on their shoulders this week, with close-up exterior shots of Destiny mixing computer generated effects and physical sets used heavily. And to be honest, they deliver an incredible looking design that puts other shows with bigger budgets to shame. It's their best work in the series so far and I wholeheartedly think they are the best effects team working in television today.

This is some of the best overall output the series has produced and ending on such an incredibly well made high can only boost the season's impact. I eagerly anticipate more from SGU in the coming months and can only hope that the quality of season two is half as good as this series has been.

Incursion Part 2 is one of the best episodes of the series, and if they can keep it this level from here on in, I have no doubts that Stargate Universe will run for as long as, if not longer than either of its predecessors.
                            http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...ed_review.html
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Robert L martin also writes: “why does she still trust telford at all??”

Answer: Why wouldn’t she? He’s been loyal up to this point and, although his cover was compromised, she still feels confident in the technology used to turn him.

Daniel writes: “ [...] 2) when incursion part 2 was written how many resolutions to the situations presented where already worked out? And how many areas where left with a “we’ll figure that one out later? [...]”

Answers: [...] 2) We knew how most of the resolutions would play out, though not necessarily in great detail. [...]

CuperMcLeod writes: “[...] 2. Very nerdy question: I don’t think it’s ever specified, but I always guessed that the environmental suits that Greer and Scott wear in the season finale had magnetic boots to allow them to walk on the outside of the ships hull. At the end, they are clearly running, and it seems like both feet come off the surface at times, but they don’t fly off into space. Was I wrong, and some other mehcanism is at work? [...]

Answers: [...] 2. Nope, they’re magnetic. [...]
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ag-day-872ish/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The cgi and effects outside the ship were incredible.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X