This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone said give reasons why you hate the episode, well here ya go:

1. The whole "who live and who dies" is so standard and so much of what was bad of the old SG's and even some other shows. I absolutely hate that and find it boring, predictable and unimaginative.

2. The high drama that was so labored throughout the episode (including last weeks) was forced and only there to stretch out till we got to the last five minutes of the ep. If you haven't seen this yet-just watch the last five minutes and you've seen the gist of the story. And that is just so phenomenally bad.

3. And no I don't like my leaders in stories to be stupid along with inadequate. It's really not realistic that anyone under their leadership will live. Or at least put up with it.

4. In my opinion this show would be better off if the Dynamic Four (Scott, Greer, Armstrong and Wallace) lived along with Rush, Brody, James, Volker, Park, Riley and the cook. Of course I think Riley's already dead but the others maybe. If Young died I wouldn't care. And TJ was just stupid for disobeying orders and chasing after Rush in the last ep so her death would be cathartic. Wray is just in Fantasy land of the Negotiators and I could care less about her but if she survived-meh.

5. I thought they said this show would be different then the other SG's but hey this was almost a complete ripoff of Seige except no one was really very smart here and this could have been a lot better if they took care of the Lucian Alliance the first five minutes after they came through the gate and then worried about the ship and the mess it was in. Actually that would have been different. And they could have had a kick but cliffhanger also.

There ya go-just my opinion.

Now I did love it when Park said to Young "Don't Yell" and I loved the Greer/Scott moments and the Eli/Chloe moments but that is just not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      How much do you think he costs, compared to rush's actor, or carter, or daniel?

Ohh.. So the LA have 2 players who have had more than one role.
      I have no idea what the actors are being paid, but I'd say Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips are being paid the most, with somewhat less for Louis Ferrera and Ming Na, and then less for the rest of the main cast, who are the least knowns there. And even after 10+ years on the show, I don't think Amanda Tapping or Michael Shanks got paid anything close to RC and LDP, since they had only guest appearances.

And the LA has so far had 3 players who have been on previous SG series. The scientist that Kiva had killed for not being so smart played Sheriff Wade Stokes on SG1's "Uninvited" and Sam Carter's brother in "Seth".

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
        Had they dealt with the invasion the same way a military team would have handled it in real life, the whole thing would have lasted two minutes, not two episodes. The gate room was an extremely easy position to defend, since we would have had the high ground. Simply have Greer, Scott, James and whoever else is good with a rifle, stand on the second floor and aim down in front of the gate and take out the LA guys as they come out, one at a time. They never, ever would have had any time to do anything before getting shot.

But then, the goal of a show is to be entertaining, not realistic. But while O'Neill has made some odd calls before, he has never been downright sloppy like Young, and he wouldn't let his feelings get in the way like Young. Young is a very, very flawed leader and it's what makes it interesting. How fun would the show be if the C.O. was like Col. Everett, or Ellis?
        My 10 yr old son said the very same thing. He was like "y didn't they just shoot them while they were coming through the gate" . i'm figuring maybe it was too late to get into position because young was supposed to vent the air out of the gate room until he changed his mind to save telford. But shooting as they came through the gate wouldve been a good plan a to begin with.
        sigpic

Comment

Another thing that has bothered me since "Subversion" was the fact that not since the first ep have we seen Rush use the Stones and now all of a sudden he's been using them and even switched bodies with Telford.

Young switched quite a bit and he never got a flash of what was happening. So to me this is so contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
            Insofar as killing them off goes. There's not much overt brutality on screen; this is the BBC, after all, and Kudos, who have the art of subtlety in writing down pat.
            Have you seen Spooks? Someone got offed by having their head put in a deep fat fryer, and that's just for starters. The deaths on Spooks were brutal at times, and Spooks being a post watershed show had as much sex violence and language as many an HBO show.

To be honest stargate has been pretty spineless when it comes to killing off any of its cast, plenty of shows do it. I think arguably, that Spooks and 24 take it to almost risible levels, aside from 1 central character in each show, most of the cast only lasts about 5 minutes but it's not like these shows have a monopoly on killing off characters. There are plenty of shows out there, like the Wire and the Sopranos who got the balance right, having long running characters, but also having the stones to kill of major characters without warning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Have you seen Spooks? Someone got offed by having their head put in a deep fat fryer, and that's just for starters. The deaths on Spooks were brutal at times, and Spooks being a post watershed show had as much sex violence and language as many an HBO show.

To be honest stargate has been pretty spineless when it comes to killing off any of its cast, plenty of shows do it. I think arguably, that Spooks and 24 take it to almost risible levels, aside from 1 central character in each show, most of the cast only lasts about 5 minutes but it's not like these shows have a monopoly on killing off characters. There are plenty of shows out there, like the Wire and the Sopranos who got the balance right, having long running characters, but also having the stones to kill of major characters without warning.
              Yes, Mighty One, I have seen all of Spooks. I still think it's rather polite. I'd prefer cooking fish and chips in a deep fryer but I grant that heads can probably do just as well.

Comment

awe.

Comment

This was just a rip-off of some old atlantis episodes, namely the storm and the eye,
                  the most boring cliffhanger I have ever seen, what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    My 10 yr old son said the very same thing. He was like "y didn't they just shoot them while they were coming through the gate" . i'm figuring maybe it was too late to get into position because young was supposed to vent the air out of the gate room until he changed his mind to save telford. But shooting as they came through the gate wouldve been a good plan a to begin with.
                    Not if the Lucians had tossed grenades or something similar through first. Earth has done it before on SGA, and the Wraith did as well. As the situation was, yes, it would've been quite possible to just saw the Lucians down as they came flying out of the gate, and hold fire on Telford. If the Lucians tossed something through first though (which I have to give them a headslap for not doing), then Young's plan to hang back and vent the atmosphere probably would've been safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vn70072 View Post
                      Not if the Lucians had tossed grenades or something similar through first. Earth has done it before on SGA, and the Wraith did as well. As the situation was, yes, it would've been quite possible to just saw the Lucians down as they came flying out of the gate, and hold fire on Telford. If the Lucians tossed something through first though (which I have to give them a headslap for not doing), then Young's plan to hang back and vent the atmosphere probably would've been safer.
                      The LA were too worried about not blowing up with the planet, that they didnt have time to throw grenades first and get clear before they before they came flying through. Doesnt the gateroom have an upper part? (im not sure thats y im asking) I dont think they wouldve sent a explosive grenade through anyway, it might have caused too much damage for someplace they wanted to take over. If they sent a flash grenade through, the destiny crew couldve covered there eyes/ears whatever, been ready for it, whatever. Of course it wouldve been safer to vent the air from the room, but there wasnt even a back up plan in place in case it didnt work out. (Like shoot the LA as they came through the gate) Of course, as someone else said if they did that we wouldnt have gotten 2 eps.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        I have no words to describe what I'm feeling after seeing that conclusion...
                        I have to let it all absorb first. Saw it live in Toronto at SPACE's studio. And had to contain myself at a couple of points. Especially seeing TJ lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Had I been at my dads where I usually go to watch it I probably would have screamed at the TV a few times!

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        I don't get why the actors didn't like the finale, this was the best one in the franchise
                        Really? I hadn't heard that. And I'm following a bunch of them on Twitter. Unless I'm missing something. Could be that none of them are safe. Or they are just as annoyed as we are that the LA are around.

Originally posted by Gallienus View Post
                        I guess if I had any one criticism it would be that things went exactly as I figured they'd go, there were no surprises or twists, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I got exactly what I expected and the quality was top notch. I'll also say that the character moments weren't a distraction or of a lesser quality this go around either and unlike in the past I felt they added to what was happening.
                        That was kinda my feeling. Awesome episode. However, I seen something like this coming a mile away. Especially with TJ. I knew that her being so close to due date, they would use her pregnancy as a MAJOR plot device for the finale. Just like they did with Teyla in SGA.
                        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Really? I hadn't heard that. And I'm following a bunch of them on Twitter. Unless I'm missing something. Could be that none of them are safe. Or they are just as annoyed as we are that the LA are around.
                          Dude. No. General Jumper One was referring to BJ Smith's comment about it being "upsetting". Misreading it to all proportion.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Takamuri View Post
                            Mind replying with who is reporting in for season 2 in a spoiler tag?
                            Those reporting in via twitter tweeting stuff about work (none spoilerish obviously, just stuff like big stunt, hard work, lots of laughing on set etc.):
                            Spoiler:
                            @MingNa (Camile Wray), @DavidBlue (Eli Wallace), @BrianJacobSmith (Matthew Scott), @alainahuffman (TJ), @PatrickGilmore (Dale Volkar)
                            Also feel free to follow them there on twitter as I have listed them exactly as they are on twitter!

Now these are only the ones I know of off the top of my head. So that doesn't mean others won't be, I just don't know for sure who else is and isn't
                            Last edited by SG7; 13 June 2010, 10:13 PM.
                            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by hassel View Post
                              IPS - on a side note, David Blue is now Live on "innerspace" (the space channel commentary show) and looks like he lost a ton of weight. Hopefully we get some continuity next year -D
                              Yeh, I was there at the live taping of it. We got to see the episode live, and then Innerspace afterwards with David Blue and Andy Mikita. And during the commercials we could ask them questions. And someone had commented to David that he looked good. And I'm pretty sure that David said that he had lost about 25lbs. But don't quote me on that. Even got my picture with David which was pretty sweet!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              That look on his face made me think he's wondering where he went wrong after telling Rush(?) that he was going to save every single person on the Destiny (his crew), and not one person was going to die. Famous last words ...

I feel badly for Young.
                              As do I. He definately had that look like he really screwed things up good this time.

Originally posted by Abiron View Post
                              Oh, I don't know...I thought that the spinoff of that Stargate movie worked pretty well...
                              Ditto! One movie spawned at least 17 years and counting of awesome goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by Gbox View Post
                                This was just a rip-off of some old atlantis episodes, namely the storm and the eye,
                                the most boring cliffhanger I have ever seen, what a joke.
                                Are you saying that Incursion part 2's cliff hanger was boring or Atlantis's the storm's cliffhanger was boring?

Comment

Working...
                                X