Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was à quiet but very good Episode i Lobes the end but why does Young alwaYs want to Hit People He is the Leader He should handle himself He should take à Crash course from o Neill but otherwise it was à very Good Episode. Hope tj is ok
    sigpic

Comment

This has got to be one of the best, if not the best, Stargate season finales. I think in the past, cliffhangers haven't been very intense because you know the main characters are going to survive next season. In this case, it's more up in the air. More complex and intelligent than SG1 or SGA storylines as well, I think. It was an action-filled ep but you can clearly see the difference between SGU and previous SG series.
      sigpic
      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
        This has got to be one of the best, if not the best, Stargate season finales. I think in the past, cliffhangers haven't been very intense because you know the main characters are going to survive next season. In this case, it's more up in the air. More complex and intelligent than SG1 or SGA storylines as well, I think. It was an action-filled ep but you can clearly see the difference between SGU and previous SG series.
        I don't think it was a great cliffhanger at all since it's not a game changer.

It remind me of an Atlantis cliffhanger (don't remember which episode) where a building crash with Sheppard and co in it. I don't consider that really a good cliffhanger since we know he's going to be ok, and there's nothing to it. Maybe he hide himself under a door, so what? In SGU, I preferred the Justice cliffhanger since it was a better game changer. We weren't sure how Rush would get back and how the people on the Destiny would react Young's action (stranding Rush on a planet). Same as what will happen when Rush get back. Still, Incursion was an ok cliffhanger. Very basic (here's that word again).

A game changer cliffhanger would be having the Destiny crew round up and left on a planet. The episode would end with the LA on board the Destiny going in hyperspace.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

It remind me of an Atlantis cliffhanger (don't remember which episode) where a building crash with Sheppard and co in it. I don't consider that really a good cliffhanger since we know he's going to be ok, and there's nothing to it. Maybe he hide himself under a door, so what? In SGU, I preferred the Justice cliffhanger since it was a better game changer. We weren't sure how Rush would get back and how the people on the Destiny would react Young's action (stranding Rush on a planet). Same as what will happen when Rush get back. Still, Incursion was an ok cliffhanger. Very basic (here's that word again).

A game changer cliffhanger would be having the Destiny crew round up and left on a planet. The episode would end with the LA on board the Destiny going in hyperspace.
          Can't the same be said for Incursion? We don't know how they will be saved just that they will for obvious reasons
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Ha! You didn't have to blink since the screen cut to black.
            Precisely.

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
            You know, as much as an emotional powerkeg and Young is, he does have humility on his side. It was nice to see him bring food for the Rush and the others.
            I thought so too.

Comment

As long as Greer doesn't get wraithed and disappear for 99 percent of season two, I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Can't the same be said for Incursion?
                Obviously I don't think so. I suppose you think it is. Its like sure maybe Sheppard will hide under a door or something, maybe he will get transported to the ship, but it's flimsy. While the Rush situation you could see there was already more repercussion (on many front). And my example of them being left on a planet is even more solid. It's even ok, if they brought the stones with them, as we don't know what they could do with it.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Obviously I don't think so. I suppose you think it is. Its like sure maybe Sheppard will hide under a door or something, maybe he will get transported to the ship, but it's flimsy. While the Rush situation you could see there was already more repercussion (on many front). And my example of them being left on a planet is even more solid. It's even ok, if they brought the stones with them, as we don't know what they could do with it.
                  You missed the point. You said the appeal of Justice is we didn't know how Rush was going to return to Destiny just that he was. The same could be said for Incursion. We don't know how a lot of these people will be rescued just that they will
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You missed the point. You said the appeal of Justice is we didn't know how Rush was going to return to Destiny just that he was. The same could be said for Incursion. We don't know how a lot of these people will be rescued just that they will
                    I didn't just say that. It was my point. While we weren't sure of anything but we had some meat to chew on. The ship, the aliens owners of the ship, the planet, the reaction of the crew to Young having stranded Rush on a planet, the reaction of Rush when he gets back, the reaction of the crew when they learn Rush tried to frame Young for murder. It was a game changer.

I guess you could argue that my cliffhanger of having the SGU crew left on some planet with the stones devices isn't better than what we got. But I think it is. I think there's more meat. Even better if they find some kind of hidden alien base on the planet they are stranded on. Or hell, being capture by some aliens.

Comment

Meh!

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
                        Like I said, 24 is the only show I can remember where truly nobody was off-limits. They killed THREE main cast characters in season 8, and killed one at least every season. To me, it's more realistic because the heroes weren't invincible, they could make a mistake, take a bullet and die. Even Jack rarely got out of trouble without great suffering.
                        I'm told that the British TV series spooks is pretty brutal with it's main characters. More so that 24.

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
                          I'm told that the British TV series spooks is pretty brutal with it's main characters. More so that 24.
                          Insofar as killing them off goes. There's not much overt brutality on screen; this is the BBC, after all, and Kudos, who have the art of subtlety in writing down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            we're all going to be here going more insane with every passing day until it's back on the air! I'm thinking a rewatch....
                            I'm going to have to agree. Definitely warrants a rewatch. I'm just glad they're actually coming back for a second season. I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched Firefly and Serenity. It just never gets old. At least with SGU, I can have more
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a great cliffhanger! Not sure if its the best in the Sg franchise...but definitely the best cliffhanger I have seen in the past two years of television. The ending music was just great!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                What's the deal with talks of Young becoming crazy, did I miss something? Or are you guys spoiling stuff for me? A little me who wouldn't even know the title of season 2 episodes.
                                No, it's not spoilers. I have no idea personally. Just seems like Young, if he finds out TJ's been shot and his baby's dead, would get a LITTLE angry/crazy headbutt-y.
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X