No announcement yet.

Magic Door openers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the LA found an Ancient base/outpost from the same time period as Destiny that used the same type of doors, and that's how they were able to develop the devices.

Comment

They're exactly what they seem to be: Magic Ancient Door Openers. They're basically auto-lockpicks designed to open doors, although they may only work with Ancient technology.

My guess is that they were found in the Milky Way some time ago, and the LA got their hands on them. When they learned about Destiny from Telford, they figured that they would be very useful here, so they sent them to Kiva's base.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
        Perhaps the LA have access to things that SGC doesnt?
        That does seem to be the simplest explanation. But I do not like it. They stumbled across something that the was not in the Atlantis database? More likely, something in some goa'uld stockpile somewhere that no one ever figured out what it was until the right person overheard something Telford said.

Comment

the LA probably had them invented specifically for this occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            And given that the LA had used these devices several times before with no ill effects, I don't think the device had anything to do with what happened to the LA guy.
            Could have had something to do with the guy blowtorching a hole in the ship right before. If Destiny does have some kind of AI running, it wouldn't have been too happy with him.

Comment

But I do not like it. They stumbled across something that the was not in the Atlantis database?
              As i said elsewhere. The database is not all knowing. Was there anything on the Asurans, Project Acturus, that other project (the wraith hyperdrive jammer), Jannuss' lab etc?

Comment

Ships don't randomly incinerate people because they cut through a wall. It was clearly shown to be some form of radiation coming in through the shield, and there are various theories as to why the shield fluctuated and what the hell the destiny is sitting near that is putting out such an inordinately, indescribably intense load of radiation.

Or the blues are sitting outside and were trying to make a peace offering to Young. Who knows?

Comment

ive said this in another thread but here goes again THE LUCIAN ALLIANCE ARE CRIMINALS they probably break into locked places all over our galaxy whos to say they couldnt develop some sort of universal lock pick the fact that it was round is probably a coincidence

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    I wonder if the LA found an outpost or something with some Destiny details in it, including lock picks or their schematics or something. It'd be interesting if they want Destiny because of something they learnt in this outpost/Ancient Wal-Mart...
                    I guess they were sold out at the Ancient Wal-Mart, and they went to Destiny to get it from the source.
                    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Hmmmm it makes me think the LA controlls whatever planet destiny was launched from and thats why they want it soo bad.

Comment

uh... they do not control Earth...

Destiny was launched from here, you know...
                        One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                        sigpic
                        Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          As i said elsewhere. The database is not all knowing. Was there anything on the Asurans, Project Acturus, that other project (the wraith hyperdrive jammer), Jannuss' lab etc?
                          Not all knowing, but you would think there would actually be something in there. It appears that nothing important was ever put into the Atlantis database.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                            Not all knowing, but you would think there would actually be something in there. It appears that nothing important was ever put into the Atlantis database.
                            WEIR: How do I choose between Zero Point Module research and their work on ascension? Between weapons schematics and their notes on space travel? No matter what we choose here, invaluable information's gonna be lost, and that is just the information that we've deciphered. Now we all know we have barely even begun to scratch the surface. What if we destroy the cure for all disease, or even some piece of information that could lead to the downfall of the Wraith?

Nope, nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                              uh... they do not control Earth...

Destiny was launched from here, you know...
                              Are you sure it was launched from Earth? I think in the pilot Rush said it was launched from "here" but he could've been talking about "somewhere in the Milky Way". The Ancients were doing things on a lot of planets all over the place, and there wasn't anything particularly special about Earth (except that that's where Atlantis was parked for a while, but that was millions of years later).

If it wasn't launched from Earth, here's what I think happened:

You don't go to the middle of nowhere to build a ship. You use a drydock. That drydock would probably have the same level of technology (particularly, door design) as the ship you're building. Its computers would also contain a lot of design information and blueprints about the ship you're building.

After you launch the ship, any number of things can happen over the next million years causing the gate address to be lost. Remember, this was a looooooong time before the Goa'uld arrived on the scene. So, the Goa'uld never found the planet, but somehow the Lucian Alliance did, and they figured out Destiny's mission, its technology, and how its doors worked.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                                Are you sure it was launched from Earth? I think in the pilot Rush said it was launched from "here" but he could've been talking about "somewhere in the Milky Way". The Ancients were doing things on a lot of planets all over the place, and there wasn't anything particularly special about Earth (except that that's where Atlantis was parked for a while, but that was millions of years later).

If it wasn't launched from Earth, here's what I think happened:

You don't go to the middle of nowhere to build a ship. You use a drydock. That drydock would probably have the same level of technology (particularly, door design) as the ship you're building. Its computers would also contain a lot of design information and blueprints about the ship you're building.

After you launch the ship, any number of things can happen over the next million years causing the gate address to be lost. Remember, this was a looooooong time before the Goa'uld arrived on the scene. So, the Goa'uld never found the planet, but somehow the Lucian Alliance did, and they figured out Destiny's mission, its technology, and how its doors worked.
                                I think on one of the Air episodes when they first came on board Destiny, when they accessed the computers, it showed that Destiny departed from Earth as it's starting point. The path it traced was leaving Earth, then our galaxy, then passing through Pegasus and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                                X