2 lost F-302's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
    Well changing uniforms wouldn't be difficult, as we saw in episode 200 all SGC personel are capable of changing uniforms in less than 3 seconds.
    Hahaha....um the LA uniforms are like skintight leather. They may need a couple of hours for a change.
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Also did O'Neill tell Young that Carter lost 2 pilots or 2 302's
      O'Neill: "We lost two 302 Pilots...sent to stop the attack. Col. Carter knew she'd lose her ship if she tried to save them, but it was the right decision."
      sigpic
      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
        Well, I would definitely make sure that the pilots could not be beamed out when I was designing the things. So it makes sense that they could not recover them that way. Also, you would not want an enemy craft to just be able to beam the whole thing away at will. I thought the 302 also had hyperdrive though? Why didn't they just get way on their own and meet at some rally point?
        1. If the 302's did have anti-beaming tech, then it's a simple matter of telling the pilot to turn it off so we can save him.

2. As mentioned a couple times before, the naquadria-powered 302 hyperdrive never worked well. It did take you through hyperspace, but the naquadria's instability meant you couldn't predict accurately where you'd end up. My guess is they removed the drive and put in more jet fuel/weapons/life support.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
          I wonder if they were wearing red shirts...

I also wonder how the writers decided on the number 2. 1 person dying doesn't evoke enough emotion? Is 3 too many? I sincerely hope they didn't decide by rolling dice.
          Probably because Young thought that venting the gateroom would kill 2 of his people (Telford and Rush), so they wanted the same number of people to really hit us over the head with it.

Comment

maybe the radioactive core was interferring with beaming when the core became critical

Comment

actually didn't it take some time for the ship to lock on Shepard in "intruder"

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                actually didn't it take some time for the ship to lock on Shepard in "intruder"
                That was because they were locking on to his radio signal.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  With the engines running? Great idea
                  Carter: Cut your engines, we're going to beam you back.

Problem solved?

Comment

They seemed to have only seconds to spare.

Comment

302 pilots dont have a very high survival rate!

But Mckay did make short range hyperdrives that would fit on 302's. Unless theyre designing a new ship from scratch for those engines.

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                        O'Neill: "We lost two 302 Pilots...sent to stop the attack. Col. Carter knew she'd lose her ship if she tried to save them, but it was the right decision."
                        So they either saved one 302 crew, or they got one pilot from both 302s, or 302s now only need one pilot. Either way we have 2 pilots unacounted for.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

They could have beamed the pilots.

Comment

So they either saved one 302 crew, or they got one pilot from both 302s, or 302s now only need one pilot. Either way we have 2 pilots unacounted for.
                            I'm pretty sure Telford didn't have a backseater in Air. For that matter, wasn't Sheppard alone in his 302 in Enemy at the Gate? We might be on F-302As that only need one pilot now.

Comment

Even if the F-302s have anti-beaming tech onboard, as someone else said earlier you can just have them turn it off... or you could tell them to eject and beam them in from space. Or you could beam the entire ship into the Hammond or at least some place a bit more safe. I doubt they were in the jamming field at the time because the soldiers were able to get out of it in a few seconds so once again as someone else said the F-302s should've been able to as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakerod View Post
                                Even if the F-302s have anti-beaming tech onboard, as someone else said earlier you can just have them turn it off... or you could tell them to eject and beam them in from space. Or you could beam the entire ship into the Hammond or at least some place a bit more safe. I doubt they were in the jamming field at the time because the soldiers were able to get out of it in a few seconds so once again as someone else said the F-302s should've been able to as well.
                                In my mind the anti-beaming tec would be for the whole 302 not just the person in it

Comment

Working...
                                X