Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the la guy who got fried it must have been some kind of solar radiation or something, he was stood under a hole in the hull that the camera zoomed in on

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
      Did I leave anything out?
      Tortured by Kiva.

Perfecto!

Comment

Young did a horrible mistake that cost people their lives. my fav character making such a mistake saddens me
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
          the la guy who got fried it must have been some kind of solar radiation or something, he was stood under a hole in the hull that the camera zoomed in on
          how does that explain the ship not entering FTL?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
            tone down the use of the loud, annoying music.
            Oh, I could NOT disagree more! In fact:

Dear script writers, producers, directors and editors: Please stop putting exciting action, complete with explosions, gunfire and shouting, over the top of Joel Goldsmith’s awesome background music, cos it’s very distracting and I can’t hear the music properly. Kthxbai. Love and hugs, Callie.
            P.S. Alternatively, bully the man out of his current stance and order him to release a soundtrack album! Ta muchly.

Comment

but this episode felt unfinished needed a good ending, and needed to explain why LA decided to attack destiny they way they did, seems kinda improvised.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                but this episode felt unfinished needed a good ending, and needed to explain why LA decided to attack destiny they way they did, seems kinda improvised.
                Its kind of obvious why the Alliance attacked Icarus after this episode. They wanted the mysteries of Destiny for themself
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Young did a horrible mistake that cost people their lives. my fav character making such a mistake saddens me
                  Yes, he made a mistake but wouldn't you rather see a very human character that is capable of making mistakes than an unlikely (and in the end unrelatable) superhero type character that never makes any mistakes?

It felt unfinished cus it is unfinished
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

i meant LA didnt plan for the attack, no bomb no tactics, especially considering what Telford fed em. Young couldve been waiting guns loaded on the other side. yeah i get that Kiva didnt have the time and was waiting for response. but they did all this so in the end they just go with the flow
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      Yes, he made a mistake but wouldn't you rather see a very human character that is capable of making mistakes than an unlikely (and in the end unrelatable) superhero type character that never makes any mistakes?
                      i think the writers make the characters make mistakes to suit the storyline but make them geniuses when the want the story to resolve itself. thats one big mistake though. venting the atmosphere wasnt a good defensive strategy. he should put a few guards in front of the gate even if there were risks.
                      sigpic

Comment

i think the writers make the characters make mistakes to suit the storyline but make them geniuses when the want the story to resolve itself.
                        People make mistakes.

Comment

i think the writers make the characters make mistakes to suit the storyline but make them geniuses when the want the story to resolve itself. thats one big mistake though. venting the atmosphere wasnt a good defensive strategy. he should put a few guards in front of the gate even if there were risks.
                          I don;t see any of the "genius" solutions here. Sure, in Rush and Eli, they do have a pair of genuises on board but even what they do isn't over the top and they've also made mistakes that are fitting. Venting the atmosphere was a good plan, probably the best they could have done. It was also quite a ruthless plan as it would kill everyone in the room. From a military POV, it's a great plan but from a human POV? From a leader that is fed up with sacrificing lives? Not so much. Also, as the plan was to vent the atmosphere in the first place, why would Young put his own people in the gate room? To kill them too when, if he did make good on his plan, he vented the room? There are risks in every plan.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don;t see any of the "genius" solutions here. Sure, in Rush and Eli, they do have a pair of genuises on board but even what they do isn't over the top and they've also made mistakes that are fitting. Venting the atmosphere was a good plan, probably the best they could have done. It was also quite a ruthless plan as it would kill everyone in the room. From a military POV, it's a great plan but from a human POV? From a leader that is fed up with sacrificing lives? Not so much. Also, as the plan was to vent the atmosphere in the first place, why would Young put his own people in the gate room? To kill them too when, if he did make good on his plan, he vented the room? There are risks in every plan.
                            well then he wouldnt need to vent the gateroom if he had troops there. sorry but venting the atmosphere wouldve not worked anyway even if Rush wasnt there, it was a bad plan he shouldve anticipated their preparation. sealing doors? seriously?
                            sigpic

Comment

well then he wouldnt need to vent the gateroom if he had troops there. sorry but venting the atmosphere wouldve not worked anyway even if Rush wasnt there, it was a bad plan he shouldve anticipated their preparation. sealing doors? seriously?
                              Young has limited personnel and limited ammo. He also has no idea what the LA, who don't have limited personnel or ammo, will be bringing with them. You're also assuming that he had this great amount of time to prepare, when it doesn't look like they did. Bottling the LA up in the gate room and a)taking care of them right then and there (and not risking anyone else) or b) taking the LA out in the winding, dark, unknown to the LA corridors, picking them off until the numbers are manageable is a perfectly sound military plan when you're dealing with an invasion force larger and better armed than you are.
                              sigpic

Comment

Young has limited personnel and limited ammo. He also has no idea what the LA, who don't have limited personnel or ammo, will be bringing with them. You're also assuming that he had this great amount of time to prepare, when it doesn't look like they did. Bottling the LA up in the gate room and a)taking care of them right then and there (and not risking anyone else) or b) taking the LA out in the winding, dark, unknown to the LA corridors, picking them off until the numbers are manageable is a perfectly sound military plan when you're dealing with an invasion force larger and better armed than you are.
                                umm, didnt the episode prove that the plan you talking about was so wrong? i think Young just wanted to see people suffocating again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X