No announcement yet.

Chromosomes??? how is that the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The part I like the best about this chromosome-based password is that it shows a logical progression in Ancient technology. Their civilization was around for many millions of years and we've seen bits and pieces of technology from various parts (stone pedestals, sports-ticker-like hologram walls, puddle jumpers, city-ships) and it makes sorting out the puzzle a bit... difficult. But by having this little password, it shows that even when Destiny was designed, the Ancients were already thinking along the path that would take them to ATA gene-based technology, the likes of which we see in Atlantis.

I for one like that little nod to timelines and logical progression.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
      It's the most likely plot line.
      I'd say the story will lead to them cracking the encryption, it's almost a given. Else there is no progression in their ability to control the Destiny.

That doesn't make it any more realistic.

Comment

I thought the code had to do with the entire Ancient genome not just the ATA gean. Wouldn't that make it harder as didn't it take us like decade to figure out our genome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
          I thought the code had to do with the entire Ancient genome not just the ATA gean. Wouldn't that make it harder as didn't it take us like decade to figure out our genome.
          It does have to do with the entire genome. Yeah, it took about 13 years to have a finished and published copy of the human genome, but that's because sequencing techniques were not as good as they are now. Things can be sequenced in a matter of days (or even less) depending on the organism...and it's only getting faster.

The real problem would be in how the Ancients' genome is actually incorporated into a code. They didn't explain it all that well on the show, and I don't suspect they will. In any case, it's been mentioned that the Ancient genome is probably relatively close to our own. I guess that is the basis Rush is going from, what with the whole 46 chromosome thing.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            It does have to do with the entire genome. Yeah, it took about 13 years to have a finished and published copy of the human genome, but that's because sequencing techniques were not as good as they are now. Things can be sequenced in a matter of days (or even less) depending on the organism...and it's only getting faster.

The real problem would be in how the Ancients' genome is actually incorporated into a code. They didn't explain it all that well on the show, and I don't suspect they will. In any case, it's been mentioned that the Ancient genome is probably relatively close to our own. I guess that is the basis Rush is going from, what with the whole 46 chromosome thing.
            Cool, green for you

Comment

Working...
            X