Arm in the event horizon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
    The stargate makes a pretty distinctive noise when it's shutting off, so if you were quick you'd be able to get your arm out in time. Do we know if inanimate objects actually hold the gate open or if the gate only holds for living tissue?
    I've never seen Stargates distinguish organic matter from inorganic
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
      The stargate makes a pretty distinctive noise when it's shutting off, so if you were quick you'd be able to get your arm out in time. Do we know if inanimate objects actually hold the gate open or if the gate only holds for living tissue?
      In "38 minutes" (SGA) a puddle jumper got stuck halfway inside a gate. After the time limit the front half (and the pilot) would cease to exist and the people in the remaining back half would get exposed to space.

To get reintegrated on the other side the complete ship needed to go through, and yes - the body of the jumper (inanimate) was keeping the gate open.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I am surprised they only sent a few to help out dig the team. I would have sent all able bodied people... That might have made it go quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by the shrike View Post
          someone should ask nina sharp if that's a good idea.
          lol!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I am surprised they only sent a few to help out dig the team. I would have sent all able bodied people... That might have made it go quicker.
            And then TPTB wouldn't have their instant 2 parter!
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoss View Post
              I really enjoyed this week episode however:

They would have had plenty of time to save Eli, Chloe, Greer and Scott if someone had stuck his arm (or any other thing) in the event horizon of the gate to prevent Destiny from going to FTL... (Like in Air pt.3)

You're right they should have taken all the time they could buy to get them out...
              Good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I doubt 20 extra people would fit too well into that little stair opening. Sure they could do a kind of pass it along deal but i doubt it would have been enough.

Comment

I would of loved to see the effects it would of had on the Destiny.

Comment

On an unrelated note, looking at that picture, I love the look of the new event horizon. Liquid metal > water.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridgefiend View Post
                      I doubt 20 extra people would fit too well into that little stair opening. Sure they could do a kind of pass it along deal but i doubt it would have been enough.
                      They could have assisted by digging around the top of the cave in to make another entrance.

Comment

Digging with their hands wouldn't really have been effective at all. Given the short period of time, the would have needed some serious heavy equipment to get everyone out.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                          Digging with their hands wouldn't really have been effective at all. Given the short period of time, the would have needed some serious heavy equipment to get everyone out.
                          What happen to the kino powered board.

Comment

They wouldn't have been there in the first place if Greer at fired an entire round in to spider.
                            The P-90 is cable of single fire mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              They wouldn't have been there in the first place if Greer at fired an entire round in to spider.
                              The P-90 is cable of single fire mode.
                              It looked more like a short burst to me. Besides what if he had single fired and it turned out the spider had a super hard alien shell and then decapitated chloe?

Comment

Originally posted by Fridgefiend View Post
                                It looked more like a short burst to me. Besides what if he had single fired and it turned out the spider had a super hard alien shell and then decapitated chloe?
                                it's unlikely ... chloe has died 2 times ... a third "resurrection " of the character it's simple impossible
                                Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Working...
                                X