Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, stop the world from spinnin' and let me off! I actually enjoyed an SGU episode! Of course, I came to dislike Rush a little more...ignoring his dying wife...I mean who is that heartless? Anyway, I enjoyed the episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Well, stop the world from spinnin' and let me off! I actually enjoyed an SGU episode! Of course, I came to dislike Rush a little more...ignoring his dying wife...I mean who is that heartless? Anyway, I enjoyed the episode.
      I don't think he ignored his wife in reality or how it originally played out. This was a revisit of his past that he went through. He was not trying to ignore his wife, he was revisiting it while trying to crack the code of the Destiny. Daniel, the classroom scenes, and his wife scenes did not originally happen like that. He loved his wife and he did not want to go through that again. Daniel and his Wife I believe were Destiny giving him clues, or were his subconscious mind trying to unlock Destiny's code.

If you listen to the conversation with his wife in the hospital. She tells him about his behavior as of late, and that is not the man she fell in love with, and to stop taking it out on other people. We now know why Rush is bitter and only time will make him less bitter.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I don't think he ignored his wife in reality or how it originally played out. This was a revisit of his past that he went through. He was not trying to ignore his wife, he was revisiting it while trying to crack the code of the Destiny. Daniel, the classroom scenes, and his wife scenes did not originally happen like that. He loved his wife and he did not want to go through that again. Daniel and his Wife I believe were Destiny giving him clues, or were his subconscious mind trying to unlock Destiny's code.

If you listen to the conversation with his wife in the hospital. She tells him about his behavior as of late, and that is not the man she fell in love with. We now know why Rush is bitter and only time will make him less bitter.
        Yes...this may be true...however...still made me see him as heartless...
        sigpic

Comment

If you listen to the conversation with his wife in the hospital. She tells him about his behavior as of late, and that is not the man she fell in love with, and to stop taking it out on other people. We now know why Rush is bitter and only time will make him less bitter.
          Wasn't their a scene that Rush said the first time he wan't there for Gloria the first time she died because he was caught up in his work. That was kind of the point of all this. He felt so guilty for not being able to say goodbye to her.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Wasn't their a scene that Rush said the first time he wan't there for Gloria the first time she died because he was caught up in his work. That was kind of the point of all this. He felt so guilty for not being able to say goodbye to her.
            He said that he had been through this already, and his work was his way of coping with the pain.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, why did Franklin get to be cut by those electrodes and Rush was unharmed? I hope that Franklin wakes up from his coma soon. He's gonna have a party:WHAT?! BLUE SPACE ALIENS?! YOUNG MAROONED RUSH?! SPENCER MADE SUICIDE?! ELI, CHLOE, GREER AND SCOTT WERE LEFT BEHIND BY ACCIDENT?! RUSH SAT IN THE CHAIR AND DIDN'T GOT CUT?! YOU FOUND AN ARTIFICIAL PLANET?! CAINE AND SOME OTHER GUYS STAYED BEHIND?! WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED?! RUSH GOT THE BASIS FOR A CODE?! OH MY... Franklin fells back into his coma for another 4 episodes.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

He said that he had been through this already, and his work was his way of coping with the pain.
                Then we have to wonder what he meant by going through. The part about seeing Gloria die or the way he responded to Gloria dying like he did in Human?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I could be wrong on this, but I think that after this episode, we are going to see a completely changed Rush.
                  My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                  "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                    I could be wrong on this, but I think that after this episode, we are going to see a completely changed Rush.
                    And next...we'll see walking on water!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sir,
                      Did they say he did something similar when it actually happened. Didn't rush admit to Jackson that he was too caught up in his work and he wasn't there for his wife? Isn't that why they showed us because Jackson says why wouldn't you do it differently

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        But but but....archeologists are cool! Like Indiana Jones.
                        Hear, hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          Anybody catch the name of the guy that played the blond student in Rush's class (the one who answered the question about Shor's Algorithm)? There are no extras for the ep listed on IMDb or GW...
                          Chad Krowchuk. He played Gordie in the SG-1 ep Citizen Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
                            Chad Krowchuk. He played Gordie in the SG-1 ep Citizen Joe.
                            That's him! Thankyou!
                            sigpic

Comment

On re-watching the episode, I'm struck by how often we hear the sound of a door closing in this episode. Rush is constantly closing doors, often between himself and his wife, or opening a door. And of course, the mental "key" that he and Brody set up for ending the lucid dream is a door, that he has to open and go through.

It just struck me as a sad metaphor for his relationship with his wife - all those doors closing.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I thought that this was a very good episode. Great Rush - centric episode to explore one of the franchise's most interesting characters.
                                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X