Wray's behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
    I honestly feel like Wray was genuinely a bit oblivious in that scene talking to TJ.

To me, she seemed to being asking honestly if they could trust Rush because she really wasn't sure, and for whatever reason, she didn't even realize that she was talking to someone that they were holding in a room during the mutiny. It's as if Wray forgot for a moment that there might still be tension between them.

I think Wray enjoys the idea of being in control, but she also fears the idea of having to make the big decisions when she finally is. I don't think she's quite as eager to seize command as some people make her out to be. She's still a person, confused and motivated in part by her fear of what may happen next.
    That's how I took it. Also, I hate people insisting that she was "used" by Rush in the mutiny... after all, as Rush is quick to point out, the entire thing was her idea to begin with. Not to mention that Rush was doing it for more than just a desire to not die. He honestly believed in what he was doing like all the other civilians.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
      It would certainly make for interesting drama but Wray is gay.
      Is that gay can't explore a romantic relationship in different way without sexuality restriction? Are gay people are zombie, only know a single way to have relationship?

How about with having a romantic relationship with Eli will introduce a personal conflict to reevaluate her gay perspective or her long distant relationship conflict into the show? SGU wanted go deep into human relationship than science fiction. I think this subject is just perfect for it.

Comment

honestly, this was the first episode where i did not find her annoying. and wray and eli were cute together, in a friendship-kinda way.
        sigpic

Comment

I appreciate and partially agree with the assessment of Rush's actions in this episode. However, this thread is for examining Wray's behavior. We can start a Rush thread, and duke it out there like we always do over his morals or lack there of.

Something about Wray rings false to me a lot of times. She was right to advocate for the rights of the people who wanted to stay, sacrificing people who would support her if and when she makes another power grab. I just don't trust her (anymore than I trust Young, or Rush in some ways.) It is mentioned in the extended version of Air, by Rush, that
          Spoiler:
          he thinks there was a mole back on Icarus base. I would not be surprised at all if Wray was working for the Lucian Alliance...whether or not she is still loyal to them in that case remains to be seen.

Comment

technically everyone is bisexual to some degree. mostly however you are largely on one "side". still, without some feelings of affection to "the other side" you'd be hating everyone. in fact, in Ancient Greece, gay relationship and pedophilic gay relationships were considered natural expansions of normal friendship.

Wray can feel affection *if that's the right word* to Eli. like a good friendship. mainly, because Wray knows Eli's civillian and goodhearted, while Eli knows Wray is only trying to do the right thing. they can trust eachother.

wray, young and rush have 3 different views.

Wray is the person of the people and wants stuff like democracy and civillian power etc. she's everybody for everybody.

Rush is a do-as-needed person. if that means sacrifice, he think's it's fine. what needs to be done, has to be done. purely calculative.

Young wants to keep everyone together and is a kind of balance between Wray and Rush.

i felt that Faith's command interactions between the three were INCREDIBLE.
            of all people i'd trust my secrets to, it's probably going to be Wray

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
              Is that gay can't explore a romantic relationship in different way without sexuality restriction? Are gay people are zombie, only know a single way to have relationship?

How about with having a romantic relationship with Eli will introduce a personal conflict to reevaluate her gay perspective or her long distant relationship conflict into the show? SGU wanted go deep into human relationship than science fiction. I think this subject is just perfect for it.
              Wray is the first openly gay character in the Stargate Franchise. A lesbian by definition isn’t going to want to involve themselves in a sexual relationship with a man. This doesn't mean they can't have a close friendship with a man. Why would SGU introduce an openly gay character just to have her want to question her sexual identify now that she is on Destiny. I know SGU is soapy but I doubt they are going to want to go there.
              Last edited by Blackhole; 18 April 2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                I appreciate and partially agree with the assessment of Rush's actions in this episode. However, this thread is for examining Wray's behavior. We can start a Rush thread, and duke it out there like we always do over his morals or lack there of.

Something about Wray rings false to me a lot of times. She was right to advocate for the rights of the people who wanted to stay, sacrificing people who would support her if and when she makes another power grab. I just don't trust her (anymore than I trust Young, or Rush in some ways.) It is mentioned in the extended version of Air, by Rush, that
                Spoiler:
                he thinks there was a mole back on Icarus base. I would not be surprised at all if Wray was working for the Lucian Alliance...whether or not she is still loyal to them in that case remains to be seen.
                I agree with your assessment of Wray. In my mind, her character is growing; she is moving away from the totally self-serving end of the spectrum towards the more altruistic end.

Spoiler:
                And she may indeed be a reformed member of the Lucian Alliance. That would make for a good plot twist.
                Last edited by Blackhole; 18 April 2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I also was intruiged by the seeming start of a friendship between Eli and Wray. I wouldn't have thought them a likely pair, but then, neither are Chloe and Rush. Does anyone else suspect that Wray is getting close to Eli because she learned last episode just how central he is to the entire situation aboard Destiny?

Is she scheming for her next power grab?
                  I hadn't thought of that. I found them an unlikely pair as well. I suppose it's possible that's what she was doing, but it seemed more genuine to me.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'm puzzled and intruiged by Wray's behavior this episode. In the beginning, her asking TJ if she thinks that Rush can be trusted. Considering "Divided" and the fact that TJ has already made her opinion on Rush known, I can't imagine why Wray did this. I don't think she asked the question out of honest curiosity.

I also was intruiged by the seeming start of a friendship between Eli and Wray. I wouldn't have thought them a likely pair, but then, neither are Chloe and Rush. Does anyone else suspect that Wray is getting close to Eli because she learned last episode just how central he is to the entire situation aboard Destiny?

Is she scheming for her next power grab?
                    I really hope that isn't the case. I already don't like her character very much. Manipulating Eli like that would push my distaste into the realm of complete hate.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Would we assume that because Wray develops a friendship with TJ that she was interested in her sexually? Likewise because she develops a friendship with Eli is there any reason to assume she's interested in him sexually? Eli and Wray have prominent positions in the power structure on Destiny. It's not suprising they would be thrown together and develop a friendship. I seriously doubt it will be sexual.
                      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                        Wray was defending their right to chose and remain on the planet and Young was trying to balance their right to choose with the needs of Destiny. The only surprise at least in my mind was Wray's defense. Her response was the least self-serving of the three. I think her character is growing. Wray's order to Rush in Divided to save Young and Scott and her defense of the rights of those who elected to stay on the planet shows her moving away from her initial self-serving attitude. Destiny doesn't have a replaceable personnel base; anyone who leaves weakens Destiny's overall resources. Since Wray is still on the Destiny, supporting those who want to leave only weakens her position.
                        I would counter this by saying that it isn't Wray's character expanding in Faith, but Wray's character expanding in Divided. From the get go, she has been the self proclaimed voice of the people, and I thought she used the "freedom to choose" line in Divided as a hook, but sincerely in Faith.

While that line of thought weakens her practically in the short term, it may be enough to win over a few political points when it comes time for her next coup attempt, if (when) word gets out about it.

Comment

In this episode, Wray didn't hide her fragile emotion to Eli. The only person who is actually an outsider from the Stargate Command link. Since Eli is a hopeless romantic, he didn't see it coming to take the advantage to initiate the connection (Like a broken modem which is cannot recognize the incoming signal). Wray character show a sign she need a partner on her emotion side. Not necessarily lead to a sexual relationship. Her move on TJ doesn't work. Eli is happened to be there in the right moment and place.

There are two possibilities from these scene. First, Wray is a mole. We already know she a mole for IOA. But it may be deeper than that. The guy she report to probably a mole inside IOA to Lucian Alliance. All information from her will be leaked to the enemy.

Second, Young assigned Eli to spy on Wray after examine the Kino footage of Wray's mutiny planning. Young can't get any closer to Wray like he does to Rush. Eli is the best pawn which is look harmless and innocent like a boy, Furthermore, Eli in an outsider of the SGC which is Wray didn't know much about him.

Comment

I think her friendliness towards TJ was just a question of politicking - fences need to be mended and she may need her support at a later date, so she chooses a topic that she hopes will win her points.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              I think her friendliness towards TJ was just a question of politicking - fences need to be mended and she may need her support at a later date, so she chooses a topic that she hopes will win her points.
                              And did it? Hmmm, that would be no.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                And did it? Hmmm, that would be no.
                                No, but TJ was behaving like a snotty brat so I doubt anything would have worked.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X